Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Those "Meaningless Wins" Proved Not-So-Meaningless

Still would love to hear someone who was pro "tanking " explain exactly how they envision that taking place. ...and why we keep seeing responses to other posters who don't agree as though they share some cause and effect blame for these so called meaningless wins.

A) how do you tank? Drop the ball on purpose, throw int's on purpose, throw a hail Mary from the 3yd line?

B) How do I effect a win on the field? How is a win or loss on my shoulders?

I have about as much to do with what happens on the field as does my dead ancestor.

I'd like to think every time I scream for a QB to thrown an INT or a kicker to miss a FG or a player to miss a free throw or game winning shot and they do...I'm partly responsible for that. Do you realize how many sacks and ints we've gotten on Tom Brady simply because I screamed it into the universe?

Now you're reaching. How often does that happen?

Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's likely.
Mahomes missed games just this season...

Maybe they were, maybe they werent... But I have yet to hear a freshly signed player say: "Oh I definitely signed here for the Monies"
Wherever they sign, it will be for money, of course. The point in the article was that if they have a choice between coaches, they preferred Flores for the reasons stated. Over time, that will be a clear advantage for Miami. I think we can surmise that many a FA wanted to play for Shula back in the day? Not saying Flores is a Shula level coach as yet, but this is certainly illustrating Flores has already made an impression with players in the league. :ponder:

Mahomes missed games just this season...
Lol....are you trying to convince me, or yourself?

You went from an example where Wentz was out during a SB playoff run, to Mahomes, who was, obviously, ready and healthy for his.

It's just nice to know we have a HC who has rolled up his sleeves, applied his vision and earned his credibility and respect the hard way. This season could have just as easily ended up with 1 Greg Camarillo catch!

We couldn’t be so lucky

Lol....are you trying to convince me, or yourself?

You went from an example where Wentz was out during a SB playoff run, to Mahomes, who was, obviously, ready and healthy for his.
What does it matter when the injury occurs? Are you implying every injuriy Tua will have from now on will be season ending?

What does it matter when the injury occurs? Are you implying every injuriy Tua will have from now on will be season ending?
I'm not implying anything.

It wasn't me that you were originally arguing with. Vaark made the comment about about "availability".

I just pointed out that the example of the Eagles winning a SB with their backup, is something that is not a common occurance.

I do have concerns about Tua's durability, though, and I don't think it's something to just dismiss.

I'm not implying anything.

It wasn't me that you were originally arguing with. Vaark made the comment about about "availability".

I just pointed out that the example of the Eagles winning a SB with their backup, is something that is not a common occurance.

I do have concerns about Tua's durability, though, and I don't think it's something to just dismiss.
Fair enough :)

Just as an aside, Flores with his rag-tag roster outcoached bill belichick going 5 and 4 vs 4 and 5 over the last half of the season plus 1 game!

This . . . and beating Patriots with Brady and a bye on the line in Foxborough. What better possible way to cap a painful, yet necessary, season for a new coach? By necessity, that HAD to take a ton of leadership. I don't know what NFL players look at to evaluate a coach, but this is what I look at.

We'll know exactly how much those wins cost right after the draft. If they move up for a QB, then the cost of those wins is directly related to the draft assets going the other way...

If they stay put and pick the lefover QB it'll take a little longer to figure out the cost, but it'll be measured in time, as in the time the franchise wastes figuring out if the QB is good or not. If he's good, then those wins didnt matter.

If they miss out on the QB altogether, well those wins were meaningless and every subsequent win will also be meaningless until they finally solve the most position in football.

Does this mean if we make it to the Super Bowl with Fitz, you'll be at a loss for words?

Im assigning cost to wins, it has already happened and we're just wating for the figures to come in..

Well Grier must be a coward then,

Replaced the QB with a worst one,
Replaced a good left tackle with no one,
Replaced a starting DB with no one,
Replaced half the roster a week before the season...

That really sounds like someone trying to win...?

I didn't know Grier played, I thought it was his job to plan and support that plan with effective actions, which appears to be exactly what he did.

In simple terms HE DID HIS JOB!

Back
Top Bottom