Thoughts on Rousseau? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Rousseau?

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No one is talking about Greg Rousseau.

I am real curious to see which team bites. Can’t believe we have a site with this many Canes fans and Rousseau isn’t talked about.

Do most feel he’s not special and tried cashing in one the sophomore sack total?

I could see the Eagles (especially if Roseman stays) Giants, Panthers in the top 10.

Out of the top 10 pretty much almost anyone could grab him.

Anyone have a strong opinion on the guy?

I think he has first round talent but we'll see

Phillips may actually get drafted before him

Roche in the second round might end up being a better NFL player

:shrug:

I am sure quite a few posters watched quite a bit more than me.

Where do you see Carlos Basham and Patrick Jones as prospects?

I like both. Basham will take on a pulling guard at the POA and blow him up. Physically elite prospect. Jones is relentless and consistent.

Rousseau’s film has a lot of holes in it and the sack stats are misleading. Lack of pass rush moves outside of a bull rush. I’ve already covered it months ago and I’m sure you read it. But he has the physical traits to develop into a JPP type player.

In essence, the risk factor is extreme because of the lack of experience and game film. On the flip side, if he does develop the upside is significant.

The question is how comfortable are you with your job security. There’s absolutely no reason you can give me for drafting him top 10 other than you were comfortable taking the risk and wanted to take one. I’ve seen the one year of tape.

I like both. Basham will take on a pulling guard at the POA and blow him up. Physically elite prospect. Jones is relentless and consistent.

Rousseau’s film has a lot of holes in it and the sack stats are misleading. Lack of pass rush moves outside of a bull rush. I’ve already covered it months ago and I’m sure you read it. But he has the physical traits to develop into a JPP type player.

In essence, the risk factor is extreme because of the lack of experience and game film. On the flip side, if he does develop the upside is significant.

The question is how comfortable are you with your job security. There’s absolutely no reason you can give me for drafting him top 10 other than you were comfortable taking the risk and wanted to take one. I’ve seen the one year of tape.

Thanks for the run down.

Given all the info I had on him was that outside of the top 10 you’d have to consider the risk given the importance of the position.

Inside the top 10 id be a lot more about the safer selection.

Pass rush is my biggest concern and I don’t see 2021 improving that.

When I thought that the Houston pick would land about #10, I was all over Rousseau. I think he is the ONLY real star pass-rusher in this draft. While I like a few of the others as edge-setters who'll get some sacks, Rousseau is the only one that screams, FEAR. He is a physical freak.

I think he would be better suited for 4-3 DE. not 3-OLB. Which is where he would be in Miami. I think he turns out to be great in the pros, but sitting out this past year may have pushed his learning curve back a little bit, so he will need time to adjust. Someone like NYG or Carolina seem like a fit to me. As far as miami goes, if were picking defense with our first rd. 1 pick, its got to be LB for sure. And M.Parsons would have much more of an impact for us.

I think he would be better suited for 4-3 DE. not 3-OLB. Which is where he would be in Miami. I think he turns out to be great in the pros, but sitting out this past year may have pushed his learning curve back a little bit, so he will need time to adjust. Someone like NYG or Carolina seem like a fit to me. As far as miami goes, if were picking defense with our first rd. 1 pick, its got to be LB for sure. And M.Parsons would have much more of an impact for us.
Rousseau wouldn’t be an OLB in this scheme. He would play the exact role that Ogbah is playing at the moment and that Trey Flowers and others played in NE

I think there is a buyer beware mantra to Rousseau. Lots of talent, but not enough experience. If he's capable of reaching his enormous potential, he's a home run pick.

Im not sure about that. I'm not saying it's no possible. But Rousseau is more of a traditional DE. Like Jason Taylor was. And when we moved to a 3-4 he went to OLB. Ogbah and Flowers are of course DE, but there speed is not the key to there game. It's a balance of that with there power and strength. I love Rousseau. Ans the canes, but I dont think Flo would have him on the line. He wants C.wilkins type players at DE.

I'm glad the OP asked. As Miami's own 1st round pick gets lower, a pass rusher could very well be targeted.

I wouldn't touch Rousseau in the top 15, but maybe near the bottom of round one. I'm not sure his reason for opting out, but I expect that decision to really hurt his draft status with ultimately one year of experience under his belt.

I really like Jones as a pass rusher. Roche has looked better in run support this year, which is something he needed to work on. He can rush the passer and maybe fit in a Lawson role.

After reading Slimm's thoughts on Basham, I'll have to check him out some more. Doesn't strike me as a big time pass rusher. But Miami could use a dominant run stopper at DE.

Rousseau showed last year that he had the size and athleticism to be a big time DE.

Had he played this season we would have seen if he had improved his skill level as a pass rusher, moving beyond a guy just beating people with his physicality.

So we don't know what he has in his toolbox pass rush wise.

He certainly looks the part.

Back
Top Bottom