Thoughts on Rousseau? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thoughts on Rousseau?

I like both. Basham will take on a pulling guard at the POA and blow him up. Physically elite prospect. Jones is relentless and consistent.

Rousseau’s film has a lot of holes in it and the sack stats are misleading. Lack of pass rush moves outside of a bull rush. I’ve already covered it months ago and I’m sure you read it. But he has the physical traits to develop into a JPP type player.

In essence, the risk factor is extreme because of the lack of experience and game film. On the flip side, if he does develop the upside is significant.

The question is how comfortable are you with your job security. There’s absolutely no reason you can give me for drafting him top 10 other than you were comfortable taking the risk and wanted to take one. I’ve seen the one year of tape.

I think that encapsulates the Rousseau conundrum.

I'm told he's measured 6'7" and 266 lbs with 11 inch hands, 35 inch arms, and a 6'10" wing span, with 11.5% body fat.

He's not THE god, but he is A god. At least that way, physically. That'll be enough for someone.

I'm told he's measured 6'7" and 266 lbs with 11 inch hands, 35 inch arms, and a 6'10" wing span, with 11.5% body fat.

He's not THE god, but he is A god. At least that way, physically. That'll be enough for someone.

I think 6'5", 255 is more like it. He's not as big as Dunlap or Michael Johnson was - or a guy like Shaun Oakman. Rousseau is just so raw. He was an offensive player and a safety in high school and only has one year of film as a DE. Racking up sacks against freshman guards and sophomore TE's.

He may end up being a good player in the long run because of his physical tools - if he lands with a good defensive line coach, but it won't be because the one year of film was impressive.

I think 6'5", 255 is more like it. He's not as big as Dunlap or Michael Johnson was - or a guy like Shaun Oakman. Rousseau is just so raw. He was an offensive player and a safety in high school and only has one year of film as a DE. Racking up sacks against freshman guards and sophomore TE's.

He may end up being a good player in the long run because of his physical tools - if he lands with a good defensive line coach, but it won't be because the one year of film was impressive.
This is pretty much how I feel.

Of all the opt outs Rousseau is the one we needed to see more from.I think he scares me more than any of the top non QB's.

DE is not a big need for Miami anyway, so i doubt he is in play for the Fins in R1.

My numbers came from a scout. They could be wrong I suppose. I didn't really ask where he got them.

Honestly without him playing this year and seeing any type of progress as a player he's fallen towards end of the 1st/2nd round for me. He has top 5 ability if he gets and is receptive to coaching. It's one thing to get coaching, it's another entirely to accept and learn from it. I have zero knowledge on his character.

I think we might see Kwity Paye pass him as the 1st DE off the board.

He is relentless, and wins with length and athleticism. A lot of his 15.5 sacks came from tripping the quarterbacks in pursuit after disengaging the tackle. Some sacks came from stunts where he lined up over the center and stunted around guard.
I think he is similar to Van Noy role and Van Ginkel. It will come down to combine for him. Even though he is really an OLB edge and not a traditional DE, he would fit well in Miami, with his athleticism, I think.
Another similar guy is Janarius Robinson of FSU.
This leads me to think there some good options for Miami at EDGE in this draft, and combine will tell the story of athleticism.

I think we might see Kwity Paye pass him as the 1st DE off the board.
I just see Paye as a different sort of athlete. To me, he looks like a down lineman only DE; more of an edge-setter who will give you sacks than as a pure pass-rushing edge that you can line up anywhere. Don't get me wrong, that is a valuable piece to have and one that we sorely lacked last year... but if we are going to look for a Jason Taylor/Cameron Wake type weapon... I don't think that Paye is the guy.

If Rousseau falls to 15 or so, I'm on the phone. This guy has a physical presence that I think is very rare.

Rousseau...I wouldn't take him in the top 10.

Roche...value in the second, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting there in the third.

Phillips...2nd Team All America, yet was only 2nd team All ACC. That pairing plants him in the second round.

He is relentless, and wins with length and athleticism. A lot of his 15.5 sacks came from tripping the quarterbacks in pursuit after disengaging the tackle. Some sacks came from stunts where he lined up over the center and stunted around guard.
I think he is similar to Van Noy role and Van Ginkel. It will come down to combine for him. Even though he is really an OLB edge and not a traditional DE, he would fit well in Miami, with his athleticism, I think.
Another similar guy is Janarius Robinson of FSU.
This leads me to think there some good options for Miami at EDGE in this draft, and combine will tell the story of athleticism.

Robinson?! Puke. Maybe take a flyer in the 6th.

Sounds like another former #3 pick DE/OLB with a short resume but plenty of "measurables" and "tools".

Once bitten,

This is a great thread (thanks!) and Rousseau has definitely been on my mind lately. I think if he’s on the board with Miami’s 1B he’ll be in the conversation assuming he interviews and works out well. Sewell at 1A and Rousseau at 1B is something I could see Flores banging the table for.

This is a great thread (thanks!) and Rousseau has definitely been on my mind lately. I think if he’s on the board with Miami’s 1B he’ll be in the conversation assuming he interviews and works out well. Sewell at 1A and Rousseau at 1B is something I could see Flores banging the table for.

Both are nice talents, but from a team-building perspective, that is an absolute nightmare scenario.

If we scored both Sewell and Rousseau, I would do the freaking happy dance.

Back
Top Bottom