To Trade, Or Not To Trade X | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

To Trade, Or Not To Trade X

Back to James our RT.
No, mediocrity is a habit.

Losing is the only way for bad teams to become good teams in the NFL quickly. It's the way the league is set up. Like you, I don't subscribe to the spirit of tanking. But in the NFL, I certainly subscribe to the logic of it. You're either getting better or getting worse in the NFL, and neither lasts very long.
Ted- who would be your choice for HC?

I'm against having the highest paid player at a defensive position. We tried that with Suh and it didn't work... McCains contract makes me sick already. We need to get younger and cheaper until we find a QB and build the O and D lines

If you can get a 1 for X, you should do it, considering where this franchise is right now.

I'll just start with his Rookie of the Year award. His 1st team ALL PRO nod, his 2nd team ALL PRO nod. His numbers you dont want to compare, as there is really no comparison, one made ALL PRO the other had a career year and got his 1st PB Volleyball nod this year.

As for issues in College, so did Hill and Hunt.

And KC sports radio did not play on those concerns. Their lines were hot because fans were saying the same stuff many are now saying here. Dont get it twisted, that fanbase did not want him to leave and they were hot when he did.

Again, a case can be made with a straight face and credibility of trading away a young CB in today's NFL. Especially since we just seen it happen last year.

I understand your points, I guess I just see it differently thinking that Peters antics decreased his value to the team. As for Hill & Hunt having concerns, NONE involved walking off the field during a game or getting in a verbal altercation with a coach that led to suspension.

Also, a VERY string argument can be made that KC could handle losing a player of Peters caliber, where as MIA has no room to lose X because they have so few players on his level (& poor history of finding them)

The four most important positions on the team are: QB, LT, CB and DE. We have two out of four.....no need to create bigger holes.

Where do you figure a corner back is a top tier position to pay that much of your cap on?

I understand your points, I guess I just see it differently thinking that Peters antics decreased his value to the team. As for Hill & Hunt having concerns, NONE involved walking off the field during a game or getting in a verbal altercation with a coach that led to suspension.

Also, a VERY string argument can be made that KC could handle losing a player of Peters caliber, where as MIA has no room to lose X because they have so few players on his level (& poor history of finding them)

You have seen KC defense this year right? And the complete drag they have been for a majority of the season?

Sorry, but they absorbed his loss because Berry came back late, Houston got healthy and Jones has started to come on. But don't get it twisted, they missed him for a majority of the season.

As for Collegiate issues, you again are hedging to prop up your argument.

Y’all want to trade one of the few legitimately good players we have drafted because he wants a market value contract? Do you know how ****ing stupid that is?

Are we going to do this with every good player we draft? Just so we can turn around and pay the Bobby McCains and Kiko Alonso’s of the world. It’s completely asinine, and another one of the reasons why we have sucked ass the last decade n half. We don’t retain the actually good talent we draft.

Y’all want to trade one of the few legitimately good players we have drafted because he wants a market value contract? Do you know how ****ing stupid that is?

Are we going to do this with every good player we draft? Just so we can turn around and pay the Bobby McCains and Kiko Alonso’s of the world. It’s completely asinine, and another one of the reasons why we have sucked *** the last decade n half. We don’t retain the actually good talent we draft.

It’s not stupid when you are rebuilding. Obviously, everyone would love to have him signed long term. But, it has to be a contract that sits within the team’s cap structure.
The most elite teams rarely give top tier contracts. They are better disciplined when it comes to cap management.

It doesn't make sense to create a whole getting rid of X and getting a draft pick in which you cannot guarantee they will pan out. If X asks for an outrageous amount of money then yes you contemplate this. However, the whole salary cap thing can be worked around unless you have multiple big-time contracts. I always think about the Khalil Mack situation. Sometimes even though an individual is dominant and worth being paid a ton it's just not worth spending that much money on one individual. The same can be said for a guy like Le'Veon Bell. I think we should keep him and then move him when he is a year or two out from his new contract ending unless he is still at the top of his game.

You have seen KC defense this year right? And the complete drag they have been for a majority of the season?

Sorry, but they absorbed his loss because Berry came back late, Houston got healthy and Jones has started to come on. But don't get it twisted, they missed him for a majority of the season.

As for Collegiate issues, you again are hedging to prop up your argument.

Ok. I’m willing to see your side of the debate, but it’s clear you have no interest in anything except dismissing anything I have to say and justifying it as “hedging”.

Be great sir/mam. I have no interest in discussing football (or anything else) with someone as stubborn as you.

It doesn't make sense to create a whole getting rid of X and getting a draft pick in which you cannot guarantee they will pan out. If X asks for an outrageous amount of money then yes you contemplate this. However, the whole salary cap thing can be worked around unless you have multiple big-time contracts. I always think about the Khalil Mack situation. Sometimes even though an individual is dominant and worth being paid a ton it's just not worth spending that much money on one individual. The same can be said for a guy like Le'Veon Bell. I think we should keep him and then move him when he is a year or two out from his new contract ending unless he is still at the top of his game.
He is a year or two out. The time to make a decision is now, regardless of what the decision is. Waiting is the worst thing we could do.

I'm all for dumping anyone and everyone providing we have the type of administration in place that we can trust. If we get a week head coach that's working under Greer I'm not sure that's the right situation for a complete gut. If we hired a proven All Star GM who hires his coach and the plan is to do a complete rebuild I'd be the first one on board the train but this half ass change Makes Me skeptical and I'm not sure it's worth giving away our best player at this point

I'm all for dumping anyone and everyone providing we have the type of administration in place that we can trust. If we get a week head coach that's working under Greer I'm not sure that's the right situation for a complete gut. If we hired a proven All Star GM who hires his coach and the plan is to do a complete rebuild I'd be the first one on board the train but this half *** change Makes Me skeptical and I'm not sure it's worth giving away our best player at this point
I can understand your thought process, but what good is an elite CB if management is incompetent anyway?

Back
Top Bottom