Tom Brady wrote endorsement letter for JT to HOF | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tom Brady wrote endorsement letter for JT to HOF

Yawn. Brandy has needed a snow plow, tuck rule, Brady rule, spygate, and deflategate - and that's just what I can think of and know about - to get to where he is. If you're not a pats fan and you root for Brady and call him GOAT and all that ... you have been played. And if you're a fins fan doing it you should probably go kill yourself. Your family will understand.

What did Taylor need? Not a letter from brandy, that's for sure.

Leaving your pregnant wife for a supermodel is pretty classy, so at least you guys have that right ... :bobdole:

He's a douche.

He's also very good at football. I hate that he is, but what can I say when he has won 5 SBs and been to 7 since 2001? He's played in almost half of them.

Leaving your pregnant wife for a supermodel is pretty classy, so at least you guys have that right ... :bobdole:

He was never married to Moynahan and in fact they broke up before she knew she was pregnant. With that said he is a cheater and I think Moynahan was hotter then Giselle (too skinny) IMHO. She looked great in I Robot and Lord of War.

Over and over again defenses just don't cover those 3 mediocre receivers. There is nothing game breaking about any of them but somehow they are just given all the space in the world to receive their 7 yard pass and turn it into 30. it is mind boggling for a QB who rarely throws anything seep to be unstoppable. Falcons were jamming the 3 stooges in the first half and knocking them off their game. What they were tired in the second half after an hours rest? Fine...put the backups in, as long as they kept the bump and run up they win that game

Over and over again defenses just don't cover those 3 mediocre receivers. There is nothing game breaking about any of them but somehow they are just given all the space in the world to receive their 7 yard pass and turn it into 30. it is mind boggling for a QB who rarely throws anything seep to be unstoppable. Falcons were jamming the 3 stooges in the first half and knocking them off their game. What they were tired in the second half after an hours rest? Fine...put the backups in, as long as they kept the bump and run up they win that game

Edleman is far from mediocre.

Very cool - as much as Brady has been a pain in Miami's ass, the guy is the GOAT, and also a class act, at least when he's not whining like a B to the refs anyway.

Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game. PERIOD.

Tom Brady is the best QB to ever play the game. PERIOD.

Different game than it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s. Not sure he could have played this long taking the kind of hits some of his predecessors had to take. Rules were also changed to increase scoring.
I think its a bit disrespectful of the other greats who played in an era where they routinely got the snot knocked out of them and when they had to find open receivers being blanketed beyond 5 yds.
Think of a QB having to find an open receiver who is being tightly covered and pressed beyond 5 yds and knowing a pass rusher is looking to take your head off.
All the greats are in the HOF for a reason and to single one out (especially when the rules have changed significantly) diminishes the others IMO.

Singling out one doesn't diminish the others. It's just being honest.

Tom Brady is the greatest winner in the sport's history. That's an undeniable fact. He is 39, and his skills have yet to erode. He is an execution GOD. He's simply the best to ever do it.

Different game than it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s. Not sure he could have played this long taking the kind of hits some of his predecessors had to take. Rules were also changed to increase scoring.
I think its a bit disrespectful of the other greats who played in an era where they routinely got the snot knocked out of them and when they had to find open receivers being blanketed beyond 5 yds.
Think of a QB having to find an open receiver who is being tightly covered and pressed beyond 5 yds and knowing a pass rusher is looking to take your head off.
All the greats are in the HOF for a reason and to single one out (especially when the rules have changed significantly) diminishes the others IMO.

No it does not diminish what others have done. Tom Brady cannot go back in time and play in those eras. Neither can those old guys be given another chance today and compete. Football is football at the end of the day and Brady has taken his shots just like any other QB. We are not talking about taking shots here.
This guy is winning super bowls! This dude is coming from behind and winning super bowls. That counts a LOT. Put him against any QB from any era and he would win more games than every one of them.

Tom Brady is the greatest winner in the sport's history. That's an undeniable fact

Brady has a winning percentage of 77.3% in games he has started. 208-61

I'm going to dig thru other sports greats but I think it will be hard to find another player that was on so many winning teams and would have a higher winning percentage in games they started.

Brady is due credit like him or not. GOAT status for sure.

No it does not diminish what others have done. Tom Brady cannot go back in time and play in those eras. Neither can those old guys be given another chance today and compete. Football is football at the end of the day and Brady has taken his shots just like any other QB. We are not talking about taking shots here.
This guy is winning super bowls! This dude is coming from behind and winning super bowls. That counts a LOT. Put him against any QB from any era and he would win more games than every one of them.

The game was more physically taxing in the past. Do you not acknowledge that? He may have had to retire 5yrs ago if he took some of the punishment his predecessors took.
It was also more difficult to find open receivers getting harassed pass the 5 yd line by guys like Mel Blount, Lester Hayes etc.
No one is arguing he's the best of the modern era, but to say GOAT period is silly. He's a tall skinny guy. In that era he may not have played beyond 5-8 yrs taking the punishment other QBs took.

Looks like Larry Bird has the best winning percentage of any NBA player at 73.6 in regular season and 60.4 in the playoffs.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134933

Doubt any baseball player could match that winning percentage. That would be 120 wins in a baseball season every season. Not even going to look that one up. Hockey is similar.

Brady has 77.8% regular season and 73.5% playoff record.

Montana had 71.3% regular season and 69.5% playoff record.

The game was more physically taxing in the past. Do you not acknowledge that? He may have had to retire 5yrs ago if he took some of the punishment his predecessors took.
It was also more difficult to find open receivers getting harassed pass the 5 yd line by guys like Mel Blount, Lester Hayes etc.
No one is arguing he's the best of the modern era, but to say GOAT period is silly. He's a tall skinny guy. In that era he may not have played beyond 5-8 yrs taking the punishment other QBs took.
You do know that at 6'4", 225, Tom Brady is just as big as or bigger than the giant QBs of yesteryear like Roman Gabriel, Terry Bradshaw, etc. And guys like The Assassin Jack Tatum (5'10", 200) would be undersized for safety in today's NFL. I agree that the game is different and that it's difficult to compare players across eras, but let's not exaggerate the physicality of the old school players at the expense of the new ones. Today's players are more physically strong, fit and athletic than they've ever been and that's just a fact.

Back
Top Bottom