Tony Romo sends warning to the rest of nfl (that includes us) about the Pats | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony Romo sends warning to the rest of nfl (that includes us) about the Pats

Look at this way I feel much more confident now Early on in the season Then later on when knowing our luck We'll have half our team injured.

Not saying we're just gonna waltz in there And win by 52...Just saying that I think that We have a really good chance of coming away with a solid victory here.

So like I said in the other thread we need to come in there and look to make a statement right off the bat...doesn't mean you take them lightly

By the way I'm not a mac fan I quite frankly don't see his ceiling any higher than say ken obrien

Romo loves to play the odds game, especially with his play calling. If enough bullsh*t comes out of his mouth about anything he's bound to be right sooner or later. Even a blind squirrel....
Incorrect.

Dude is insightful and understands the game VERY well. That's why he has been such a hit in the box.

If you think he doesn't know his stuff then nobody else in the booth does either.

I wouldn't say that. His experience at QB has enabled him to pretty much instantly disect a play pre snap. That is a true talent of his. Where he lacks any experience and credibility right now is player evaluation and analysis pre nfl.
He’s played the game and position at high level for a long time.

His opinion of QB play is certainly worthy of consideration at the least…..

Incorrect.

Dude is insightful and understands the game VERY well. That's why he has been such a hit in the box.

If you think he doesn't know his stuff then nobody else in the booth does either.
Let's play a game then. Pick a game this year with him announcing and we will both count how many assumptions he makes pre snap, then see how many were right or wrong. As a critic I watch/listen to his analysis more than most because I know he is wrong more than right, can I back that up with some weird internet statistic, no. So let's pick a game and see how insightful he actually is.

Outside of New England Matt Cassell was 26-40 as a starting QB, numbers a lot closer to John Beck than Tom Brady.

You don't have to believe in Bellichick at all but should still easily be able to see that the talent on that roster last year, with covid opt outs and injuries, was pretty putrid and also had near league-worst QB play. The roster is vastly improved this year, and Mac Jones looks eminently capable of providing better QB play than what they had last year, since even average or marginal QB play would be better than what they had last year.

That team went 7-9 with a bad roster and a QB whose arm is pretty much shot and whose only talent at this point was the power run.

Don’t underestimate the QB run we can’t stop it even when we kno it’s coming been like that for years hell even Tom Brady looked like Lamar Jackson juking us enough times

He made a pro bowl with KC and threw 27 TD to 7 picks that year. At the very least he was capable of good starter level play in spurts.
He was atrocious every other year. He started games in ten different seasons and was bad to terrible in all but two. I'm not gonna disagree that he could play well in spurts, but when a guy is bad 80 percent of the time, it shouldn't be acted like it was no accomplishment to coax a good season out of him.

Don’t underestimate the QB run we can’t stop it even when we kno it’s coming been like that for years hell even Tom Brady looked like Lamar Jackson juking us enough times
Lamar Jackson jukes everyone. It is what it is. Cam these days was no Lamar Jackson, and while be embarrassed us by getting 5 yards on some runs where he should have gotten 2, that was hardly the same as a QB eviscerating us through the air.

I seem to remember us hitting Kyler Murray so hard in the 4th quarter that Arizona lost a game versus us they had no business losing, when we were missing almost all our coaching staff and many of our players on the road to boot.

don't care what Romo says, frankly.

i don't think New England will be a push-over easy victory, but i also don't see them any better than 9-8.

Back
Top Bottom