Top 10 Best Pickups [My Opinion] | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Best Pickups [My Opinion]

Impressive! Nice post Budd. I agree that Ronnie Brown will contribute the most the quickest than the other guys in the first round.

Wow, you should submit that to one of the big sites.. cnnsi.com or someone like that.. very good read, very well thought out.. and I can't say that I disagree with much of it... good job!

really nice post...the only thing i may disagree with is where you put Arizona...I don't think that they had that great of an offseason...

Takeo Spikes true colors will be revealed.

is that a knock on spikes??? :fire:

probobly there best pick was roscoe parrish who in this draft theres probobly 10 recievers better than him.

dont even mention we didnt have a 1st rounder. and hte 2nd rounder was a low one. many think this was a VERY GOOD pick for our draft position.

They lost Drew Bledsoe which many will say wasnt really a loss but imo for this club it was.

addition by subtraction. the steelers game proved that.

good stuff otherwise.

Buddwalk said:
5. Miami - I'm a phin fan but im not being biased here if i was i would of put them #1 everywhere around the board. I loved the pickups of Kevin Carter, Stockar Mcdougle, Tebucky Jones, and David Boston. I also loved how we drafted with Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, all be day 1 steals. They also took Travis Daniels who could see lots of time this year with Will Poole hurt. Overall for dolphins fans this has to be the best offseason in a long long time and all should be excited!
Although it's pretty obvious, I would just add Saban. He was the biggest aqcuisition the fins made in the offseason.

ch19079 said:
Takeo Spikes true colors will be revealed.

is that a knock on spikes??? :fire:

probobly there best pick was roscoe parrish who in this draft theres probobly 10 recievers better than him.

dont even mention we didnt have a 1st rounder. and hte 2nd rounder was a low one. many think this was a VERY GOOD pick for our draft position.

They lost Drew Bledsoe which many will say wasnt really a loss but imo for this club it was.

addition by subtraction. the steelers game proved that.

good stuff otherwise.

I'll answer them all...I believe spikes is a warrior on the field but he runs his mouth alot and he thinks he deserves ray lewis money when clearly hes not as good as ray lewis. You'll see his production drop this year with out pat williams and it could really hurt that teams run D

I'm not talking about where you picked in the draft...overall where you picked it wasnt that good. I like Parrish since hes from the U but i really dont think hes a great wr...just a fast player that makes plays in college. But he will help out your special teams alot

Drew Bledsoe almost got you guys into the playoffs last year and you reward him by cutting him...losman has done and showed nothing and if he starts playing real bad who do you fall back on...the great qb, Kelly Holcombe?!?!?

Buddwalk said:
Drew Bledsoe almost got you guys into the playoffs last year and you reward him by cutting him...losman has done and showed nothing and if he starts playing real bad who do you fall back on...the great qb, Kelly Holcombe?!?!?
this is where I disagree w/ you. He was what kept us from getting into the playoffs. Even Mularkey admitted that recently. With guys like Moulds and Evans, our passing O was ranked 26th because Drew was not a good caretaker and was less than average in short passing games. He has obviously lost confidence in himself in that dept. I believe the reason why Mularkey was hired is because of his ability to revive careers of qb's that were considered has beens like Cordell and Maddox. He couldn't do it with Drew because of Drews limitations. Drew limited Mularkey from being more creative with his O.

With that being said, I think he'll have better luck in Dallas since Parcells has the ability to instill confidence in Drew again but I doubt Drew will get close to what he once was. I doubt he'll even snif a probowl ever again.

Excellent post. I don't agree with everything, but you did a really nice job.

Back
Top Bottom