Top 10 Positions of Need | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Top 10 Positions of Need

Just for s***s and giggles; In order of importance, what are the top ten positions that need upgraded the most in free agency and the draft? For me: OT, OT, RB, LB, WR, CB, QB, C, DE, G.

I'm giving minimums
OL - at least 2
wr - 1
RB - 1
ILB - 1
Backup QB-1
Give me those I'm happy

Did you watch cinci, bills and chiefs play this past weekend? Thats just the wild card teams. We are not close. It was eye opening to say the least. I thought we were close also. The teams i listed have young all pro qbs. Thats our completion to sniff the playoffs and they would all beat us by 50. Buffalo already proved that by dog walking us both games we played them
1642471765192.gif

Did you watch cinci, bills and chiefs play this past weekend? Thats just the wild card teams. We are not close. It was eye opening to say the least. I thought we were close also. The teams i listed have young all pro qbs. Thats our completion to sniff the playoffs and they would all beat us by 50. Buffalo already proved that by dog walking us both games we played them
This is why besides fixing the o-line, running game, and getting WRs who can get open, Miami needs a new Offensive Scheme. They struggle to move down the field with this short pass nonsense, and there's no way that they could win a shoot-out. I just read an article that said Buffalo has four 40 point games this season, and Miami has just five in the last 20 years! I didn't look it up, but if true, this is why the Bills now control the Division, and I blame it all on Miami's Coaches who are content with low-scoring, short pass-based offenses. If you want to score a lot, you need to be able to score quickly. To score quickly, you need to make big chunk yardage plays downfield. Miami doesn't/can't do this, which is why they're NOT in the playoffs.

Link: https://phinphanatic.com/2022/01/17...d-40-points-five-times-20-years-bills-5-year/

Last edited:
This is why besides fixing the o-line, running game, and getting WRs who can get open, Miami needs a new Offensive Scheme. They struggle to move down the field with this short pass nonsense, and there's no way that they could win a shoot-out. I just read an article that said Buffalo has four 40 point games this season, and Miami has just five in the last 20 years! I didn't look it up, but if true, this is why the Bills now control the Division, and I blame it all on Miami's Coaches who are content with low-scoring, short pass-based offenses. If you want to score a lot, you need to be able to score quickly. To score quickly, you need to make big chunk yardage plays downfield. Miami doesn't/can't do this, which is why they're NOT in the playoffs.

Link: https://phinphanatic.com/2022/01/17...d-40-points-five-times-20-years-bills-5-year/
It’s so crazy how the league changes under your feet. Remember when dink and dunk was fashionable?

If you believe your team to be a playoff contender, then you fill your NEEDS in free agency. You have no idea how the draft will fall. You draft best player available

Personally I believe in BPA by need. Not necessarily the most glaring need, but something you definitely can use.

There are certain positions a team is set at, and if the BPA is at that position you should be trading down if possible to get more picks.

This is actually what most people mean when they say BPA, but its not strictly BPA in the true sense.

Late in the draft strict BPA is fine.

Personally I believe in BPA by need. Not necessarily the most glaring need, but something you definitely can use.

There are certain positions a team is set at, and if the BPA is at that position you should be trading down if possible to get more picks.

This is actually what most people mean when they say BPA, but its not strictly BPA in the true sense.

Late in the draft strict BPA is fine.
Is there ANY area of our team that we don't have a need?

Just for s***s and giggles; In order of importance, what are the top ten positions that need upgraded the most in free agency and the draft? For me: OT, OT, RB, LB, WR, CB, QB, C, DE, G.
1. OT
2. LBer - sidleline to sideline speed LBer that doesn’t need to come off the field.
3. OT
4. DE (this could be dependent on next scheme 4-3 need more pass rush, 3-4 this would be edge need more passrush).
5. WR
6. OG
7. DE
8. CB
9. QB2
10. RB

Watching the playoffs especially buffalo, has told me we are deficient in multiple areas. We are a decade away from competing for the afc east crown for sure and possible a wildcard. We have some young pieces but we need help up and down the roster. Glaring holes: rb and 5 starters on the oline. About 2 starting wr. Defense is serviceable. A whole coaching staff. Maybe a new kicker, we are set at cb and safety. Even with that buffalo will have a strangle hold on the division for a long time barring major injury to allen. I didnt add qb but that position is also a major question mark

Agreed, we aren’t even close.

Early? Yeah. I wouldn't draft a corner or safety early...or a TE based on our team.

Depth? We need it all.
If there is a top CB there, you can let Jones go and save alot of money. Holland has one safety position locked down but Jones isn't elite on that side. TE could be a need if Gesicki and Smythe leave.

If there is a top CB there, you can let Jones go and save alot of money. Holland has one safety position locked down but Jones isn't elite on that side. TE could be a need if Gesicki and Smythe leave.

Agree on Jones, but it's unrealistic wanting two "elite" safeties. Elite and above average is more than most teams have

I really really wanted parsons in the draft, but looking at what waddle did for us.... even though parsons was the better pick, we NEEDED waddle.

1. OT and C - FA and the Draft - no more playing around we let walk one too many starters under flo
2. RB - Draft - get me a serviceable one in the second or third round. Isaiah Spiller big boy, or a nice all around back like Kyren Williams.
3. WR - FA and Draft - Treylon Burks a poor mans DVP, or Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore plays pretty mean but idk how well he will separate in the pros.
-----(Ridley? really depends on what happened to him this year, remember he walked out mid season for personal reasons?)

We need Offense badly. I would say we could use a little LB and CB depth as well. But Tua showed how glaringly we need help behind a historically TERRIBLE O line

Back
Top Bottom