Trade Deadline thoughts | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

Okay, here's one I heard that I want to share. J.J. Watt may be on the block. Media speculation, I'm sure, but Houston in now looking down the road. Watt is 32.

Ironically, Miami is almost at the other end of the spectrum. Would the Dolphins be interested in Watt and at what price might the front office consider a player like that?
Pass, too old and injury history

I would say no, just because I have an issue with non-serious contending teams adding players that are over the age of 30.
That's the thing. There are probably several moves we could attempt to make this team a little better this season, but to what end? And at what cost?

Watt likely does us no good in two years, when it will matter, after paying him big $, and tieing up that portion of the cap.

Decisions now are made with future considerations in mind.

I wouldn't make any trades for a RB, unless it's a very cheap back-up option to replace Howard. The reason for this is two-fold. First, our young OL, while very impressive thus far, is not run-blocking particularly well - yet. They will bet better at it over time. They're doing well protecting the passer which is light years ahead of last year. Hopefully next year they get a full training camp and can improve in creating holes. I feel like they are very close, and you even see them 10-15 yards downfield finishing 2nd wave blocks, etc. The other reason is Tua may (not necessarily immediately) change the entire look and feel of the offense. The things he might do could open up a lot more activity for Breida in the passing game, along with guys like Geisiki who Tua may make a more consistent performer over time. I'm not expecting all of this in the next 2-3 weeks, but over the next 10 it would be great to see a positive evolution based on Tua's very different skillset.

I have no doubt Miami won’t trade for any player older that 27-28. It doesn’t fit what their trying to do.

As I buyer I hope we don't enter the market unless someone comes up for ridiculous good value, we are not the kind of team just yet that is a player away from greatness.

As a seller, not a lot I would be looking to ship out either. I know there was that rumour about X which I found bizarre, it's as if folks had forgotten what the first few games were like this season without one of our 2 first string corners, the secondary is clicking why mess with it. Also NFLN an hour or so ago ran a piece on Xavier Rhodes at the Colts and how he's leading the NFL in completion percentage (or lack of) when folks throw his way, guess who is at number 2 on that list, his name begins with an X too. Again not sure why we would entertain a trade there.

We need Fitz to continue his mentorship of Tua, and trading him for a 6th or 7th or even 5th round pick would be stupid. he's worth more to us than that byut if someone like Dallas start to offer something in that 3rd to 4th round range, we should be listening I feel, doubt they will but they perhaps should since that division thye are in can be won with a .500 record.

Okay, here's one I heard that I want to share. J.J. Watt may be on the block. Media speculation, I'm sure, but Houston in now looking down the road. Watt is 32.

Ironically, Miami is almost at the other end of the spectrum. Would the Dolphins be interested in Watt and at what price might the front office consider a player like that?

This team is a year away from adding veterans to push them to the next level.

Stay the course, guard your Draft picks zealously, and show some patience.
1000% correct
Remember Suh?

I agree with the comment from CK that I heard during a three yards per carry podcast. Fans overvalue 3rd round picks. I am fine trading a 3rd, 4th, or 5th for a player that helps get that seventh playoff spot (3rd wild card). A under 30 reasonable value veteran that improves the team is definitely worth a non-premium pick.

I hope at no price.

How they never win
They always win...

Maybe not national championships, but last year they had 6 teams in the top 20. (Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa). Bama beat Michigan...Minnesota beat Auburn.

They always win...

Maybe not national championships, but last year they had 6 teams in the top 20. (Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa). Bama beat Michigan...Minnesota beat Auburn.
Yes they all right not Sec ohio state owned that conference.

I don't think there could be a more idiotic suggestion than trading draft picks for a running back, especially a high paid running back.
Didn't the Dolphins trade for Ricky Williams, he turned out pretty good I would say.

Back
Top Bottom