Trade Deadline thoughts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Deadline thoughts

Some of you here wanted Tannehill gone, seems to me he is doing just fine in Tennessee and has his team in first place. Don't forget the coaches he played for while in Miami, maybe that had something to do with it....ya think??
I think that’s already been established. How does that relate to our current staff or the trade deadline? Gase is NY’s problem now, not ours

I am new to this forum. While I enjoy talking football with my fellow fin fans, I am also presently surprised by the abundant comical elements.
If Gaskin could run between the tackles I wouldnt have mentioned it.

Gore would be a cheap stopgap until we can drat a replacement.

If Gaskin could run between the tackles I wouldnt have mentioned it.

Gore would be a cheap stopgap until we can drat a replacement.
Ok, lets be serious. Against the Jets, Gaskin had 18 carries. 13 were between tackles. Yes, I rewatched the tape and I counted. Average 4.8 per inside carry. I rest my case. You want to support your narrative? Rewatch the tapes since game one, tell me the inside outside ratio. And his average per inside run stack against other inside runners around the league. May be you are right....I am waiting.

Ok, lets be serious. Against the Jets, Gaskin had 18 carries. 13 were between tackles. Yes, I rewatched the tape and I counted. Average 4.8 per inside carry. I rest my case. You want to support your narrative? Rewatch the tapes since game one, tell me the inside outside ratio. And his average per inside run stack against other inside runners around the league. May be you are right....I am waiting.
Relax, slow down on the white powder, which you must be sniffing if you just rewatched the Jets game in between my post and your own. I know what Ive seen with my eyes, but if you actually want the run charts it will take more time than I can do at 2 am on a weeknight.

Relax, slow down on the white powder, which you must be sniffing if you just rewatched the Jets game in between my post and your own. I know what Ive seen with my eyes, but if you actually want the run charts it will take more time than I can do at 2 am on a weeknight.
No white powder here. A couple beers may be. Just want to get the fact right. Eye test may be deceiving sometimes.

I’ve been of the “Ride with what we’ve got” opinion until I saw this this morning:

Dontari Poe would cost next to nothing, serve as a true NT, and “if we can’t trade you, we’ll release you” usually means low compensation. This caught my attention.

The Dolphins should have drafted Dobbins this past draft, they can get their man now if they dangle a first rounder, their own, not Houston's they acquired.
Exactly why would the Dolphins give up a first round pick for a player drafted in the 2nd round just a few months ago? Dobbins hasn’t even been good enough to earn the starting job with the Ravens. At this point I wouldn’t want them to trade more than a 5th round pick pick for him. Trading a first round pick for Dobbins would be ridiculous.

I meant Jordan Howard RB, not X.

X for a 1st 2021and second in 2022.:cool:
Not even worth is for that. I’d want 2 1st and even at that what’s the point. He’s only 28 and him and by Byron are starting to come together. Cornerbacks are the hardest to find besides a qb. Rather have 2 elite corners especially if Tua is as good as advertised. We have 30 million in cap with no major free agents next year. I see no reason or advantage to trade him. Unless it’s a Tunsil type of deal where we can’t say no, he’s too valuable to the team. Ramsey was traded for two 1st and a 4th. I really don’t think Ramsey is better than Howard. They are about even, Ramsey is just an idiot and makes headlines with stupid comments so people think he’s better than he is.

Plastic face Jerry Jones drafted Elliott personally and no way that inflated ego dinosaur
trades him for anything less than an R1. Super overrated player who just like Emmitt Smith
needs an ALL-Pro line to shine!

Super hard pass!
Dude, you were doing good until you lumped in Emmitt Smith with Elliott being overrated. Yes, he had a great oline for most of his career, but he was a great RB. Eleven straight years over a thousand yards. Let that sink in. 11! Like 300 carries a year. Come on man!

I wouldn't mind a speedy WR for a mid/late round pick. Outside of that, I'm good.

I’ve been of the “Ride with what we’ve got” opinion until I saw this this morning:

Dontari Poe would cost next to nothing, serve as a true NT, and “if we can’t trade you, we’ll release you” usually means low compensation. This caught my attention.

Yeah I’m not sure Poe is healthy but I don’t see how this team cannot ad some depth at DT.

We need a RB as soon as possible with a rookie QB, it would take pressure off him immediately. Two trade possibilities I would like to see, trade with the Ravens for J.K. Dobbins or trade with the Cowboys for Ezekiel Elliott. Both backs can carry the load and would instantly upgrade the position. The Cowboys would have to take on some of Elliotts contract, but would for a high draft pick and both players still have plenty of miles left in them.
What about Dalvin Cook? Can we steal him from Minn?

The delimma the Dolphins face right now is do they make a move at the deadline and make a huge trade or do they stand pat and hope for the best? Look at the standings and they are only a game out of first place, nobody would blame the GM if he made a move to try to improve the odds right now.
This is still a rebuild. I don't expect they will trade pics for a player.

Back
Top Bottom