Trade for Tristan Wirfs ? (Just an idea) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Tristan Wirfs ? (Just an idea)

What would you be willing to give up for Wirfs?

• 1st Round Pick

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • 2nd and Austin Jackson

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 3rd and Austin Jackson

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Not willing to trade for him

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters
Did anyone notice he is probably going to get $30 million a year?

And we have AJAX for $12 million -- an ascending player?

We cannot afford Wirfs.

Period.
Oh contraire!!

All we have to do is cut Tua/Trade Tua and we can sign Wirfs to protect White and Skylar.

👌

From yet another guy that wants to break the bank? We already have enough cap trouble now without adding to it. At some point you have to say enough (right New Orleans Saints?) and go with some fiscal sanity. AJ is still young and improving his craft but is now affordable for a couple more years. I disagree that Wirfs is good enough 'value' to justify the salary difference.
a 3 time pro bowler and an all pro in the last 3 seasons, he hasn't missed a snap in the past 4 seasons... 4,269 snaps in a row!
Is he better than AJAXX, It's so obvious he's so much better.
Is he worth $25 million for a left tackle/right tackle, not the way this team is built with our bargain basement olinemen. It's sad that the oline will again be our downfall.

I think it's difficult to discuss terms on any other deals until Tua's deal gets done. That will take so much cap space that other deals will have to be built around it.
I cannot agree with you, I expect Tua's new contract to help with the salary cap. At least through the second or third year.

I cannot agree with you, I expect Tua's new contract to help with the salary cap. At least through the second or third year.

Yeah...I think the third year on his contract is gonna suck.

However, I also think the salary cap will be $350mm+ then.

F*** it, we should definitely trade for Wirfs, for a first rounder and $30 mill a year and we have our Super Bowl...

OP gives us very limited trade parameters and then disagrees with himself lmao okay.

No. To the trade. No.

a 3 time pro bowler and an all pro in the last 3 seasons, he hasn't missed a snap in the past 4 seasons... 4,269 snaps in a row!
Is he better than AJAXX, It's so obvious he's so much better.
Is he worth $25 million for a left tackle/right tackle, not the way this team is built with our bargain basement olinemen. It's sad that the oline will again be our downfall.
If we’re talking about protecting Tua’s blindside, I think we have our guy. Who knows how 2022 would have turned out if Ajax didn’t get hurt. He played well his rookie year and terrible coaching/lack of talent on the Oline slowed his progress. IMO he’s heading towards Pro Bowls and he’s the youngest O lineman on the team outside of Paul. Who was one of three natural left tackles in the Draft. I think the team has their plan in place. And I like it. Paul was one of the highest graded pass protection tackles in the country. I think with our current coaching staff he will be great.

I am in the minority here because I love Brewer and our line as a whole. It’s not about having the best five lineman, it’s about having the guys who do the right things in the right place. Depth isn’t great. Especially at center. It is better than we have had in a long time though. And you don’t improve depth by paying more for a position where you have some pretty great fits already.

Crush Flirting GIF

Well, there goes my worries that he was gonna get a contract and coast.

**** YEA AUSTIN JACKON! Best the guys ever looked in his life.

Back
Top Bottom