Trade with Washington? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade with Washington?

Clements is better than Surtain. Look at the receivers C-Ment shut down last year. Clements progression from last year to this was amazing. Other than one bonehead play in the opening week last year, Clements was easily a top-3 corner, maybe even the best. Not to mention he's more durable than Surtain.

Clements is a game-breaker. He's the type of player that creates when he gets the ball off an interception or special teams. Not to mention his run support is alot better than Surtain's. Clements run support makes me think of Winfield at times, but he's a much much better coverage guy than AW. All TDs against the Phins? One was against the Steelers.

The only reason why Clements is better than Surtain is he's still progressing. He went stronger as the year carried on last year. Surtain is at, IMO, the peak of his performance. He won't get any better than he is now. Clements is still young, already a top corner, and still getting better. Not to mention he has some help in the secondary now.

Crisis said:
Clements is better than Surtain. Look at the receivers C-Ment shut down last year. Clements progression from last year to this was amazing. Other than one bonehead play in the opening week last year, Clements was easily a top-3 corner, maybe even the best. Not to mention he's more durable than Surtain.

Clements is a game-breaker. He's the type of player that creates when he gets the ball off an interception or special teams. Not to mention his run support is alot better than Surtain's. Clements run support makes me think of Winfield at times, but he's a much much better coverage guy than AW. All TDs against the Phins? One was against the Steelers.

The only reason why Clements is better than Surtain is he's still progressing. He went stronger as the year carried on last year. Surtain is at, IMO, the peak of his performance. He won't get any better than he is now. Clements is still young, already a top corner, and still getting better. Not to mention he has some help in the secondary now.

Surtain is a Top-5 mabey Top-3 CB. Clements is barley a Top-10.

JTaylor99 said:
Surtain is a Top-5 mabey Top-3 CB. Clements is barley a Top-10.

Name 5 CBs better than Clements. Name 3 CBs better than Clements.

Barely top 10? You been hanging out with Ricky?

Really there is no argument about it at all! Those numbers you brought up are crap. Clements has now begun to peak into his prime, as was shown last year. The guy is an absolute ace in the special teams department. Does Surtain return punts for TD's? NO! Clements can absolutely blow the doors off of surtain in the speed category. And if you einsteins noticed, i said that Clements is the better player by far. Even if you want to sit there and argue that surtain is the better CB, he is definitely not the better PLAYER. The intangibles that clements brings to the table is what makes him such a valuablecomodity and would be worth the #9 pickin the draft. Surtainis one dimensional and hence you are getting offers of 3rd to 4th rounders. That there should be enough for you homers to realize clements is the better football player.

Crisis said:

Clements has now emerged as one of the top 3 cornerbacks in the league.

zevo said:
Because Nate is a better player than Surtain. The guy gets picks, gets touchdowns on defense, gets touchdowns on Special teams, and is one of the fastest corners in the league.
LOL ....sure

zevo said:
Because Nate is a better player than Surtain. The guy gets picks, gets touchdowns on defense, gets touchdowns on Special teams, and is one of the fastest corners in the league.

If a Bills fan says so, it must be true!

I guess Drew Bledsoe was a steal for Buffalo when they aquired him huh?

After Clements has another shut-down year which will go under the radar of the media you'll all be eating alot of crow.

Emskirch said:
If a Bills fan says so, it must be true!

I guess Drew Bledsoe was a steal for Buffalo when they aquired him huh?

Bledsoe for a mid-1st.

Feeley for an early 2nd.

Which is worse? Not to mention we got our first back that year with the Price trade, when we drafted McGahee.

Crisis said:
After Clements has another shut-down year which will go under the radar of the media you'll all be eating alot of crow.

All the Buffalo fans flock now, must have put a SOS on the Bills message board on this one.

:roflmao:

Crisis said:

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris Mcallister
3. Ty Law
4. Pat Surtain
5. Samari Rolle
6. Charles Woodson
7. Sam Madison
8. Ronde Barber
9. Nate Clements
10. Will Allen

Crisis said:
Bledsoe for a mid-1st.

Feeley for an early 2nd.

Which is worse? Not to mention we got our first back that year with the Price trade, when we drafted McGahee.

Which is worse, hrmmm let me think here.

1 is better then 2.

Hmmm... one player is still on the same team, while the other is employed in Dallas.

I don't know, what do you think?

how bout you go to your own board...... and stop pickin arguments on ours

"You're as good as you last performance". Clements had a better year than Surtain and he hasn't peaked yet. Surtain has an injury that comes back every now and then right? Clements can return punts and Surtain can't. Clements is younger .

Back
Top Bottom