Training Camp Day 10 | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day 10

@JasonLieser: Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford (shoulder) expects to play Thursday vs Tampa Bay. Will be his first game since 2016 Belk Bowl with Virginia Tech.

I am more interested to see Ford on Thursday than anything else

For me it's carroo, asiata, Ford and mctyer

Minkah is never going to win that 1 on 1 with a guy like Gesicki with any consistency. Situations like that are where I noted in my draft threads many times that I felt he was overmatched with a guy like Auden Tate....much less a guy like Gesicki.

It's why I didn't have a top 5 grade on him.

@benvolin: Entire Patriots offense runs a lap after messing up in team drills. Coaches, too, including McDaniels and 70 year old Dante Scarnecchia

As much as I hate the Patriots, this is an excellent motivation tool. I can screw up and handle individual punishment, but if my screw up causes others to be punished then I am going to make damned sure I don't screw up again.

Consider this “the barometer” for a Gesicki in year 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygraham/497236/gamelogs?season=2010

And mind you he had Shockey on that team to groom him into the position. There is nobody like that here.

But that’s ok, even as a red zone threat only, that is something we need desperately as that slow slot receiver was our best red zone threat last year and that is pretty inexcusable.

Minkah is never going to win that 1 on 1 with a guy like Gesicki with any consistency. Situations like that are where I noted in my draft threads many times that I felt he was overmatched with a guy like Auden Tate....much less a guy like Gesicki.

It's why I didn't have a top 5 grade on him.

Insightful post, thanks.

Our new LB Baker is supposed to have good coverage skills, I wonder if that will include the redzone or ifs thats more of a moving the chains style of coverage

No reason for the D-line not to get 45+ sacks this year as a unit. Wake, Godchaux, Spence, Quinn 1st line....Hayes, Phillips, Taylor, Harris or Branch on the 2nd line. These guys should stay fresh all game long.

A 15+ sack increase after losing Suh and adding Quinn? Makes sense.

A 15+ sack increase after losing Suh and adding Quinn? Makes sense.

I'm not buying a 15 sack increase for the unit, but I do think they will produce more sacks this season.

Wake is a year older, but you hope that Harris will be more productive (and I think there is reason to believe that he will be), Quinn seems like a good fit for us, and if our offense scores more points, we will have more opportunities to pin back the ears.

I’d like to take a look at Duarte these next few games just to see if there’s anything worth developing further. I doubt it.

I know Escobar stinks. Scheme driven production if anything.
Duarte is very athletic and has put on 9 lbs of muscle. He was drafted 3 years ago and we've seen very little. I agree, we need to see a lot more of him in the preseason games to see if he is a genuine prospect or not. Escobar is probably a safer bet as a blocker, but we probably have that base covered with Durham Smythe, who flies quietly under the radar.

Consider this “the barometer” for a Gesicki in year 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygraham/497236/gamelogs?season=2010

And mind you he had Shockey on that team to groom him into the position. There is nobody like that here.

But that’s ok, even as a red zone threat only, that is something we need desperately as that slow slot receiver was our best red zone threat last year and that is pretty inexcusable.

I expect a lot of two and three TE sets near the goal line with Gesicki being the primary target. We haven't had a jump ball winner like him since maybe Orande Gadsden.

Last edited:
No reason for the D-line not to get 45+ sacks this year as a unit. Wake, Godchaux, Spence, Quinn 1st line....Hayes, Phillips, Taylor, Harris or Branch on the 2nd line. These guys should stay fresh all game long.

I mean a lot depends on the offense. Teams are gonna know the strength of this unit. Offense has gotta force the other teams hand. They slow start it in 2018 teams are gonna test that gut and those DEs edge setting ability and see if that shaky LB group is up to task.

well if you play safety and lose in the red zone physically at the catch point they are gonna find you scheme wise.

It’s not hard to iso it either. It’s basically what Miamis gonna try to do with Gesicki.

I’d try to run minkah under high level tight ends with help over the top between the 20s whenever possible like philly does with Malcolm Jenkins.

I personally think Jenkins was a more physical prospect than minkah coming out. Boundary corner that projected more at safety whereas minkah slot type corner that projected more at safety.

Or McMillan is actually a competent Mike and is communicating with Kiko

Though true, and I have no doubt this will help everyone, I also don't really think Kiko needs as much communication from McMillan or anyone, he just needs to keep his mind on his own assignment, and responsibilities.

Back
Top Bottom