Training Camp Day 10 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day 10

Escobar is the 4th if we keep 4. He is a decent blocker and has caught a fair amount of TDs in this league. He's got talent

That's a myth that's been disproven. McCain is only like the 5th highest paid slot corner in football

Yep, people forget they didn’t rip up the 4th year of the rookie deal. That significantly lowers the AAV and the guaranteed money wasn’t much either outside of the first year of the extension.

2 year deal that will cost the team about $10 million, and then team options at about 6.5 million from 2020 to 2022 which should be a average value for a nickel CB off his rookie deal.

I’d like to take a look at Duarte these next few games just to see if there’s anything worth developing further. I doubt it.

I know Escobar stinks. Scheme driven production if anything.

Lewis is jag. Watch him in that gear down drill yesterday. No hip drop no suddenness.

I’d probably carry 3 tight ends if it’s not gonna be derby. He’s still got time. He’s smooth but he can’t block and he loses physically at the catch point. That run should go to Gesicki although I guarantee teams gonna put corners on him if possible alignment wise. Just like they do jimmy graham

I think it was Ford (red jersey) in that drill who had the best ability to drop his hips and explode out. He ran that curl route so well.

I wonder how many QBs he'll get killed because he whiffs on so many blitz pickups.

They won’t play him or they just won’t be able to ask him to stay in and blitz pick up. Which probably means they won’t play him.

I don’t like hearing in his stem corners are in his hip. Hope I don’t see a lot of that these next few games.

I’d like to take a look at Duarte these next few games just to see if there’s anything worth developing further. I doubt it.

I know Escobar stinks. Scheme driven production if anything.

Well we can all agree gray will not be getting cut like some posters on here tried to say earlier this season

I think it was Ford (red jersey) in that drill who had the best ability to drop his hips and explode out. He ran that curl route so well.

You ain’t lying on that. I didn’t love the release at the line but he dropped those hips and had some burst to him. Sudden.

I for one would not count on Derby staying healthy for the year- if he is tied up in the numbers game and possible cut- I think he is out.
Can't see Derby making the squad. I think he may have caught 2 passes last year on 11 targets? He's a liability as a blocker and we already have a pass receiving TE in Gesicki...who is also a liability as a blocker. It makes no sense to carry two TEs that can't block, especially when only one of them is really a receiving threat.

IMO we keep 3 TEs Gesicki, Smythe and Gray or Escobar...Derby and Duarte are just camp bodies.

Can't see Derby making the squad. I think he may have caught 2 passes last year on 11 targets? He's a liability as a blocker and we already have a pass receiving TE in Gesicki...who is also a liability as a blocker. It makes no sense to carry two TEs that can't block, especially when only one of them is really a receiving threat.

IMO we keep 3 TEs Gesicki, Smythe and Gray or Escobar...Derby and Duarte are just camp bodies.
A datruth sighting

Gray is definitely a lock, a long with the 2 rooks. I do think they go with 4 here though just because of how green the unit is

WR will be a fun watch. Miami should consider maybe stashing Ford by limiting him in preseason.

If we lose our starting QB cause he whiffs on a block then that's on the coaching staff for not using him properly.

Yeah but what that means is that you are limiting what you can call with him in the game. Also it becomes a tell for the opposition. They will work at it but his awareness better get better or they may run that ask with gray which also limits the pass ask out of those looks with the tight end.

Smythe will be the primary blocking tight end. That’s a done deal.

Back
Top Bottom