Training Camp Day 10 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day 10

In a 1v1 or 7on7 situation Mike G will win against any S in the league more times than not.

Minkah has tight coverage and Mike still caught the ball. That’s just excellent play by the TE
This is what I’ll chalk it up to for now, at least he had tight coverage

I’ll say one thing . . .as disappointing as the Branch contract is . . . .he is not MARIO Williams. Hard worker, good character and really hampered by injury last season. Can’t be mad at him for taking advantage of his UFA status and getting paid because Miami has a desperate need at DE due to their #3 overall pick being a bust.
No reason for the D-line not to get 45+ sacks this year as a unit. Wake, Godchaux, Spence, Quinn 1st line....Hayes, Phillips, Taylor, Harris or Branch on the 2nd line. These guys should stay fresh all game long.

@AdamHBeasley: Gesicki totally whiffs on a blitz by Minkah, who would have had a blindside KO on Tannehill.

great in the redzone, but wont be on the field much to moce the chains
This is what Training Camp is for. Coaches need to get a very good handle on what Gesicki can do and what he can't. At least Minkah had the good sense not to physically blow Tannehill up.

@JasonLieser: Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford (shoulder) expects to play Thursday vs Tampa Bay. Will be his first game since 2016 Belk Bowl with Virginia Tech.

I am more interested to see Ford on Thursday than anything else

If we lose our starting QB cause he whiffs on a block then that's on the coaching staff for not using him properly.
Gase doesn't like tipping off his plays. If Gesicki can't block he won't be playing much, if at all. TEs in the NFL have to block, its part of their job description. If you're only going to use him as a receiver then you might as well just split him out wide and call him a WR.

It's not on a the coaches if he whiffs on a block...well, maybe for trusting him to carry out his assignment. It's not the coaches fault when Tunsil gets whipped at the line, they expect him to be able to block on an island most of the time.

@JasonLieser: Dolphins WR Isaiah Ford (shoulder) expects to play Thursday vs Tampa Bay. Will be his first game since 2016 Belk Bowl with Virginia Tech.

Him also.

Yes but I have a sneaky feeling the other rookie TE may get more snaps- or at least about the same.

Excited to see the rookies Thursday

Yea I think Smythe could be very good here. Maybe not in a splashy way, but Fasano was great here during his first spell. Not many highlight plays, but key blocks and touchdowns are vital - plus he had a real pretty td v the 49ers

He's made some noise in camp. I think we carry 6 WRs but Ford has to show he can get it done on specials to make the squad. Carroo is in real jeopardy of getting cut since he's not good on specials.

Back
Top Bottom