Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

Just a few things IMHO as I read through this thread. #1, you guys are WAYYYYY overblowing the not identifying the Mike LB, as in many offenses the center does this and Pouncey use to do it a lot. Also Rosen is 22 years old going into his second year in a brand new offense/team. You are comparing him to a dude that has 15 years on NFL experience and almost 200 TDs thrown under his belt. He has good charisma and has been liked by players everywhere he plays because he is very loose. He has played good to amazing in spurts of his career. So for anyone thinking Rosen should be closer at this point, man PLEASE!

I actually like this approach to Rosen as he was selected in the first round for a reason. However, we have and have had MAJOR OL issues to the point our OL coach just got canned. I am glad Fitzpatrick is out there right now because he can handle what is going on right now better than Rosen can at this point of his career. This is a good opportunity for Rosen to learn from a Vet who has seen a lot, not only on how to play the position....but also how to deal with people.

Give Rosen some time, and don't throw him to the wolves like he was in AZ....we don't have to do that. We got him on the cheap and he has time to develop to see what we have or maybe don't have. ANYONE who thinks he should be on the same level as Fitz right now, really needs to take a look at the bigger picture here as to where both players are in their careers.

I think most people are disappointed because the qb battle is not even close, the gap between them is wide. Yeah it's only a week in but it's looking like Rosen will be getting a ton of preseason snaps as the backup. I think we'll get a real scope of where he is at when he plays against our opponents #2 and #3 units.
I think many of us are yawning over a QB with a 100 years experience doing well in 4 practices one that was at full speed he did badly
This is not surprising
All I am concerned about is getting Rosen ready to see what he is
Fitz if he starts will be until he sucks or gets hurt
Quicker the better

Just a few things IMHO as I read through this thread. #1, you guys are WAYYYYY overblowing the not identifying the Mike LB, as in many offenses the center does this and Pouncey use to do it a lot. Also Rosen is 22 years old going into his second year in a brand new offense. You are comparing him to a dude that has 15 years on NFL experience and almost 200 TDs thrown under his belt. He has good charisma and has been liked by players everywhere he plays because he is very lose. He has played good to amazing in spurts of his career. So for anyone thinking Rosen should be closer at this point, man PLEASE!

I actually like this approach to Rosen as he was selected in the first round for a reason. However, we have and have had MAJOR OL issues to the point our OL coach just got canned. I am glad Fitzpatrick is out there right now because he can handle what is going on right now better than Rosen can at this point of his career. This is a good opportunity for Rosen to learn from a Vet who has seen a lot, not only on how to play the position....but also how to deal with people.

Give Rosen some time, and don't throw him to the wolves like he was in AZ....we don't have to do that. We got him on the cheap and he has time to develop to see what we have or maybe don't have. ANYONE who thinks he should be on the same level as Fitz right now, really needs to take a look at the bigger picture here as to where both players are in their careers.
Were the "amazing" spurts only in college?

PS: Rosen wasn't cheap. He was a 2nd round pick where we bid against ourselves. This is a round where you can still nab guys like Xavien Howard.

PS: Rosen wasn't cheap. He was a 2nd round pick where we bid against ourselves. This is a round where you can still nab guys like Xavien Howard.
His salary is very cheap for what he is and he was a late 2nd rounder, and we got another 2nd rounder anyways with the trade prior in that round. Fitz had an amazing run just last year in Tampa, where he threw 17 TDs to 12 ints in 8 games. He had over 100 QB rating just last year. Despite his rep for throwing ints, he has 42 more TDs than ints.

I'm just taking a wait and see with both QB's and I'm all for giving Rosen a chance............but I can't blame anyone for being down on Rosen or the team for that matter. Lets face it, this team does NOT deserves the benefit of the doubt till they prove otherwise. Every year we hear that "this team seems different" and "this coaching staff seems different" and then the season starts and we're the same old Dolphins. Maybe it'll be different in 2019 but I want to see it first and won't blame anyone for being down even at this point.

I agree with that. OTOH, there's noting wrong with seeing potential and possibilities. May amount to nothing, but it's no more unrealistic than seeing NO potential and NO possibilities.

I'm interested now because Flo has started moving people around and up/down. Maybe the next guy is no better, but at least he's letting players prove what they have. One reason I'm glad Flaherty's gone

This thread is supposed to be about the activities happening in TC and we have page after page of people bickering like little kids about how their armchair GM skills are better than the next guys.

Personally, I would prefer to hear about what is happening on the field today than to hear everyone rehash every argument we have had to suffer through for the past several months.

POST OF THE DAY!!

I agree with that. OTOH, there's noting wrong with seeing potential and possibilities. May amount to nothing, but it's no more unrealistic than seeing NO potential and NO possibilities.

I'm interested now because Flo has started moving people around and up/down. Maybe the next guy is no better, but at least he's letting players prove what they have. One reason I'm glad Flaherty's gone
Right. I'm ok with anybody being optimistic if they feel that way. But I also understand the people that don't feel that way. I supported Tannehill for example but at last I thought he should have been gone 3 years before we let him go but that's just my opinion. It is very early but I'm not really feeling one way or the other at this point. The team needs to prove is different out on the field. They can't prove that one week into TC nor do I want them to. I want to see how they do during the regular season.

You guys kill me with the criticism of Rosen in his first week of TC. Rodgers spent 2 years on the bench behind Favre. Not all QBs are ready to start on Day 1. Scheme clearly matters along with how comfortable the QB is with his personnel.

Why everyone here is wishing for a 0-16 season after reading 5 days worth of tweets is hysterical. You'd rather write off a guy after a week and pray for another unproven QB like Tua or Herbert, but even if we do get them, they're going to need time too.

You're all ****ed in the head, but it's hilarious to read

Just a few things IMHO as I read through this thread. #1, you guys are WAYYYYY overblowing the not identifying the Mike LB, as in many offenses the center does this and Pouncey use to do it a lot. Also Rosen is 22 years old going into his second year in a brand new offense/team. You are comparing him to a dude that has 15 years on NFL experience and almost 200 TDs thrown under his belt. He has good charisma and has been liked by players everywhere he plays because he is very loose. He has played good to amazing in spurts of his career. So for anyone thinking Rosen should be closer at this point, man PLEASE!

tenor.gif

A lot of conspiracy theory in that.

Pick 62 isn't pick 38 (where X was selected).

Definitely more busts at 62 than Xavian Howard's.

And last time I checked we are 15-21 when he plays and 8-5 when he doesnt.

The opportunity was there to add a young talent to the QB room and Miami took it. Bravo to them for realizing the ailing issue this team has had for 20 years. It doesn't stop them from continuing to improve the position either.

You can be done with Josh already but for me it's good to have a fresh smell in the QB room. And that includes Fitz as well.

3000.jpg

dude, where's my job?

I think many of us are yawning over a QB with a 100 years experience doing well in 4 practices one that was at full speed he did badly
This is not surprising
All I am concerned about is getting Rosen ready to see what he is
Fitz if he starts will be until he sucks or gets hurt
Quicker the better

Fitz only plays well if he's the backup and takes over for the starter. He'll go on a tear for a few games after taking over. Anytime he's been "the starter" from the beginning, he sucks.

This narrative that OF COURSE a guy with 14 years of sub-mediocre NFL performance is going to look better than your 2nd year elite franchise level QB hopeful...has to be my favorite.

That one hurts my face as well. I guess 38 year olds are suppose to mentor while they actually start in front of future elite pros now.

Just because QB's are starting earlier, doesn't mean that's the correct avenue to take.

The great Tom Brady was closer to being released then he was taking Bledsoe's job in the preseason of 2000.

Does anyone remember All-World Patrick Mahomes' 2017 season? Me either.

Josh Rosen will be entering his prime in about 5 years, likely peaking in about 8 years.

Sometimes the old timers have it right, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom