Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

And who was rumored to be in horrible shape..

A young 300 pound defensive tackle gains weight while being out with a injury and comes to camp out of shape. Not a good thing, but not that surprising either. I would get in his ear and ride him a bit, but if you have a chance at a first round talent with some immature and unprofessional problems you roll the dice. If the lights come on you have a steal. If he stays unprofessional and doesn't mature you move on at little cost.

I hope by game 3 of the pre season they'll have the starting O-line set. I have no problem with them moving guys around at this point. You need to give everyone a chance but whoever they pick to start, they need time working together.

Deiter is in. Go get em rook.

No surprise about Holden either. I have not heard one positive bit on Mills since we signed him.
Holden at 6'7 playing guard? Wasn't he an OT in college?

Deiter is in. Go get em rook.

No surprise about Holden either. I have not heard one positive bit on Mills since we signed him.

Yeah I've heard that choices for OL between Flaherty and OShea were a bit off. The technique for a lot of guys was awful but the feeling was Flaherty's approach was proving semi outdated

Maybe it will send them looking for O-linemen - we still have 27 mil

Yeah I've heard that choices for OL between Flaherty and OShea were a bit off. The technique for a lot of guys was awful but the feeling was Flaherty's approach was proving semi outdated

I mean Gase sat on Thomas/Douglas/Turner for 5 weeks in the the regular season . . . When Evan Mathis probably could of been had with a financial sweetener. His oline coach was also a powder head.

Not putting Flaherty near that , but this is the time to make moves even if it means your were incorrect with the initial hire.

The culture of what this Oline is meant to be has to be established this year. Can't do that if there is mixed messages being sent.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't what Rosen leading the qb battle in camp and getting the traditional number of starter preseason game reps. I want him playing two quarters or more per preseason game in the back up role and seeing as much game action as possible.

If Fitzpatrick starts the regular season I don't see the big deal. It would likely come down to if Ryan continues to play lights out and the team is having success than he keeps the job. However, if the team struggles and Fitzpatrick has his ups and downs than he'll lose the job and they'll put Rosen in. SO the it's either the team plays well under FItzpatrick and wins games or Rosen plays. Sounds like a win/win to me. You'll either have a winning team under Fitzpatrick or a have Rosen start 10 or 11 games instead of 16. That would still be enough action from Rosen for him to grow and the team to access his progress and potential.

I mean Gase sat on Thomas/Douglas/Turner for 5 weeks in the the regular season . . . When Evan Mathis probably could of been had with a financial sweetener. His oline coach was also a powder head.

Not putting Flaherty near that , but this is the time to make moves even if it means your were incorrect with the initial hire.

The culture of what this Oline is meant to be has to be established this year. Can't do that if there is mixed messages being sent.

I think Gase had a positive message early but I think the playoff run went to his head a bit and made him think the success was all him and not some good luck/soft schedule helping.

That being said I dont expect a great OL by any means but i dont expect one that was routinely confused by looks and not knowing their assignements

Zonas o line was horrific last year. Not sure it’s the one I’d want to scoop from.

They literally had a Dallas thomas level left guard playing in multiple games I saw. Although I do think he was plan b going into the season.

I think the changes in the O-line personal and positions is somewhat telling, must of been some serious disagreement between the 2 o-line coaches. Flores went with who he felt comfortable with and the other went out the door.

Back
Top Bottom