Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't what Rosen leading the qb battle in camp and getting the traditional number of starter preseason game reps. I want him playing two quarters or more per preseason game in the back up role and seeing as much game action as possible.

If Fitzpatrick starts the regular season I don't see the big deal. It would likely come down to if Ryan continues to play lights out and the team is having success than he keeps the job. However, if the team struggles and Fitzpatrick has his ups and downs than he'll lose the job and they'll put Rosen in. SO the it's either the team plays well under FItzpatrick and wins games or Rosen plays. Sounds like a win/win to me. You'll either have a winning team under Fitzpatrick or a have Rosen start 10 or 11 games instead of 16. That would still be enough action from Rosen for him to grow and the team to access his progress and potential.
The problem is winning games with RF could mean another 7-9 season. I can't see him or any other QB for that matter leading this team to the playoffs this year. We must find out what Rosen can do. Everyone knows what RF is.

G Deion Calhoun, Mississippi State – Miami Dolphins
Playing 275-plus pass-blocking snaps for the Bulldogs in each of the past three seasons, Calhoun has earned 70.0-plus pass-blocking grades since his 2016 campaign. In 2018, he allowed pressure on just 3.9% of his 337 pass-blocking snaps. His run-blocking grades didn’t wow us during his time at Mississippi State, but consistency in pass protection is valuable for a Dolphins team that needs such efforts in the trenches.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-ranking-the-top-10-undrafted-free-agent-signings

We highlighted Calhoun as one of the top-10 undrafted free agent signings back in April (number 4)

from Alf @3yardspercarry

We disabled that option quite some years back. You can use the reply button to make your case on why you disagree, within TOS of course.
That was disappointing. I was leading this site in unlikes received.

That's right, I was a #1 receiver!

Now, I'm just another below average poster. Nothing to brag about.

Who starts at QB means almost nothing this season. There are only three outcomes...

Rosen Starts and plays well...you have your QB
Rosen starts and plays bad, you go find a QB
Fitz Starts...you go find a QB
I would add that Fitz starts early, but Rosen still gets an opportunity. Maybe by game four. But, generally I agree with you.

The problem is winning games with RF could mean another 7-9 season. I can't see him or any other QB for that matter leading this team to the playoffs this year. We must find out what Rosen can do. Everyone knows what RF is.

If he plays like a 7-9 qb and has up and down weeks he's not going to be the start for more than 5 or 6 games. The only way Fitzpatrick starts a majority of the games this season is if he's having a top 10 passing season and the team is winning and in serious contention of accomplishing something. After the first 4 or 5 games, if it last that long, the team will know and make the appropriate move.

I think Flores is going to put building his program over the QB. The better QB will play until he shows he's not better. I know I'm in the minority but I'm disappointed that there isn't anything setting Josh Rosen apart from Ryan Fitzpatrick. You can talk to me about experience and 1 extra month in the system blah, blah, blah. Ryan Fitzpatrick is an average at best journeyman NFL QB, a highly drafted prospect should be showing some attribute that makes coaches want to get him out there. You guys can sugar coat this all you want, it's disappointing to me.

Back
Top Bottom