Training Camp Updates - Day Five | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Updates - Day Five

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't what Rosen leading the qb battle in camp and getting the traditional number of starter preseason game reps. I want him playing two quarters or more per preseason game in the back up role and seeing as much game action as possible.

If Fitzpatrick starts the regular season I don't see the big deal. It would likely come down to if Ryan continues to play lights out and the team is having success than he keeps the job. However, if the team struggles and Fitzpatrick has his ups and downs than he'll lose the job and they'll put Rosen in. SO the it's either the team plays well under FItzpatrick and wins games or Rosen plays. Sounds like a win/win to me. You'll either have a winning team under Fitzpatrick or a have Rosen start 10 or 11 games instead of 16. That would still be enough action from Rosen for him to grow and the team to access his progress and potential.

It's crazy to me how some are saying Fitz starting is pointless. So hand the job to Rosen who may not have earned it? How the hell does that help this team and shows the coaching staff credibility?

I know there are high hopes for Gesicki this year, but the safe money should be on Smythe making the big jump at TE.

Everything about him this off-season/camp has sounded impressive.

He’s got the frame for it and he was a solid blocking tight end as a rookie. They just didn’t play him enough.

Why? Who the hell knows

It's crazy to me how some are saying Fitz starting is pointless. So hand the job to Rosen who may not have earned it? How the hell does that help this team and shows the coaching staff credibility?

Quite frankly, Rosen may have just gotten bumped behind Jake Rudock. I'm hearing that in some drills Rudock is taking second string reps while Rosen is running the scout team.

Building the program has to come first. Like I said in an earlier post IMO if Josh Rosen doesn't show enough in practice to overtake a career journeyman backup we are pumping a dry well. Good in games, bad in practice is a fairy tale. The staff will play the better QB to build the program. If it's Fitz he will eventually falter and they'll make the switch. It will be disappointing if that takes too long because Fitz is legitimately better.

Back
Top Bottom