Translation | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Translation

Originally posted by inFINSible
well, that's what happens to anyone who dares to disagree with the great RikWaiter......

No, it only happens to the ones that 1)have nothing to back up their argument, 2)when faced with this fact flame the person with whom they are arguing and then 3)lie about it.

:sleep:

No need to further surrender...you already surrendered when you resorted to personal attacks and then lied about it.

You're insane.

Ah, thanks for adding yet one more personal attack to your repetoire. Too bad you can't add any substantive arguments to it.

Here's the bottom line Phinz fans.....

You either like this move, you dislike this move, or you're just going to wait and see before deciding.....

I like this move. I don't love it, but it certainly has great potential IMO. We could have done much worse. Wayne could have really shaken the tree, but he didn't. He stayed inside the family, and shifted power duties. Dave no longer has any power, all he's got now are opinions....

In reality, Dan is most likely going to be one of our offensive consultants. Other than that, he's a great offensive mind to have on board. The offense will certainly change under Dan and Rick....

I look at Danny as a bonus addition to the FO.

Rick Spielman is the GM, and I'm happy with that. He's proven he can get the players it takes to win. He'll do a fine job IMO. He wont have Wanny hanging over his head like a circling vulture anymore. Rick will answer to nobody when it comes to final personell decisions. Being a GM is what Rick was made to do, and now he's got his chance.....

There's really nothing to mope over here IMO. Wayne did what he thought was best for the Phinz franchise. He obviously needed a football minded guy up front with him, and now he's got Danny to give him the help he needs. I've got no problem with that. I wouldn't want anyone else for the position because I know how seriously Dan takes Phinz football. He'll help get this team back on track.....

We all need to take a deep breath, and just think about what really happened yesterday. R. Spielman was named GM, and D. Marino was added as SVP Of Football Operations. Dan will one day own the Phinz, and this is just his first step towards the top....

How can we be unhappy with all of this???.....

Well, we're Phinz fans.

Some of us wanted a new HC, and a new GM, coaches who weren't "in house". We wanted a different approach, and a different outlook. I think staying "in house" angered alot of Phinz fans who were expecting a whole new look on the coaching staff.

We could have looked elsewhere for a GM, but RS has done a very good job thus far in adding talented players, and adding his ideas. He's well liked, he's young, and he's a very talented evaluator. This is his show now, and he could become a highly respected GM's if all goes well over the next couple of yearsl. He's got what it takes to be a very good GM, and we should be happy to have him IMO. I am....:D

Before calling this a bad move, or a PR move, just give it a chance first. I think Dan and Rick deserve it don't you????.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Before calling this a bad move, or a PR move, just give it a chance first. I think Dan and Rick deserve it don't you????.....

No, they don't. Dan deserves respect as a great, HOF-caliber NFL QB. Nowhere in that job description does it show any qualifications for the job he has now.
Speilman has shown me very little in his time here. He's found a couple diamonds in the rough in the draft, but overall our drafts have been very average to below average. That might be Wanny's fault as well, of course---but we still have Wanny too, and I haven't seen ANY proof that he won't still have a big say in our drafts and FA decisions.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, they don't. Dan deserves respect as a great, HOF-caliber NFL QB. Nowhere in that job description does it show any qualifications for the job he has now.

Speilman has shown me very little in his time here. He's found a couple diamonds in the rough in the draft, but overall our drafts have been very average to below average. That might be Wanny's fault as well, of course---but we still have Wanny too, and I haven't seen ANY proof that he won't still have a big say in our drafts and FA decisions.

I think you're taking this way too far. Dan has zero experience in his new job, and he doesn't really need that much. It was an added FO position that never existed until yesterday.

What's the big deal, it's not like Dan is the GM. He's merely a very educated addition to a FO that lacks just that. He's lived and breathed football for who knows how long, and he played the game at the highest level possible for 17 years. I think that more than qualifies him as a solid consultant to help upgrade this offense. I'm excited to see just how much input he adds during the off-season. He'll also bring quite a bit of positive attraction to Miami. More players will consider coming here with Dan in the FO....

As for GM R. Spielman, what hasn't he done to help improve the roster??? This roster has improved every season he's been here IMO. Even though Dave had final say, and probably stole some other possible picks from Rick, they manged to keep the core intact while slowly adding players who have made a positive impact.....

RB R. Williams - RS
TE R. McMicheal - RS
WR C. Chambers - RS

As I'm sure you know already, RS was focused on offense during the draft last season. Dave went defense. It's Rick's show now, and I'm positive he'll take care of the mess on offense this year....

All we wanted was a solid GM. We got one. Dan was a bonus addition, and I'm very happy with it. I'm not going to dispute with the Phinz fans who don't like it. They have a right to be disappointed if they choose to be. I'm just not one of them....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

rik, i think you and many others dont understand what Dan marino can do as an important part of the organization in a role like this. He will be responsable for alot of things other than just how good the football team is.

I think you're taking this way too far. Dan has zero experience in his new job, and he doesn't really need that much. It was an added FO position that never existed until yesterday.

What's the big deal, it's not like Dan is the GM. He's merely a very educated addition to a FO that lacks just that. He's lived and breathed football for who knows how long, and he played the game at the highest level possible for 17 years. I think that more than qualifies him as a solid consultant to help upgrade this offense. I'm excited to see just how much input he adds during the off-season. He'll also bring quite a bit of positive attraction to Miami. More players will consider coming here with Dan in the FO....

As for GM R. Spielman, what hasn't he done to help improve the roster??? This roster has improved every season he's been here IMO. Even though Dave had final say, and probably stole some other possible picks from Rick, they manged to keep the core intact while slowly adding players who have made a positive impact.....

RB R. Williams - RS
TE R. McMicheal - RS
WR C. Chambers - RS

As I'm sure you know already, RS was focused on offense during the draft last season. Dave went defense. It's Rick's show now, and I'm positive he'll take care of the mess on offense this year....

All we wanted was a solid GM. We got one. Dan was a bonus addition, and I'm very happy with it. I'm not going to dispute with the Phinz fans who don't like it. They have a right to be disappointed if they choose to be. I'm just not one of them....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

And the fact is, spielman could have done more without wanny hangin over his head. Dan wont be hangin over his head either. dan will be a respectful guy who understands his position as a leader and who will make it his job to make everyone else job easier, not harder.

Umm...yeah, that's sort of the point. His job has no real power and he is a figurehead to distract SOME fans from the fact that no real changes have been made despite the Dolphins missing the playoffs the last two years.

Actually, the FACT that Rick Spielman now has final say over personnel matters is a "real change".

This is true whether or not you choose to acknowledge it.

Umm...yeah, that's sort of the point. His job has no real power and he is a figurehead to distract SOME fans from the fact that no real changes have been made despite the Dolphins missing the playoffs the last two years.

I guess that DW losing control of Player Personnel wasn't good enough.

If we had fired DW, brought in a new coach (along with his own staff), we would be two to three years from the playoffs.

This was the best move that we could have made. I am glad that we kept DW and RS, and that DM is now in the picture!

Originally posted by BigFinFan

I guess that DW losing control of Player Personnel wasn't good enough.

Not without some evidence that he really has no say in personnel. All I've seen so far is vague generalizations by the front office.

If we had fired DW, brought in a new coach (along with his own staff), we would be two to three years from the playoffs.

That's your opinion but it has no basis in the real world of the NFL. The Bucs brought in Gruden and won a SB THAT SEASON. The Cowboys brought Parcells into a 5-11 team and made the playoffs THAT SEASON. Marvin Lewis took over a perpetually abysmal Bengals team and took them to 8-8 and nearly made the playoffs.
A good coach CAN take a team with some talent and no direction (like ours) and do wonders with it. It's a shame we lack a good coach.

Some basic questions regarding Marino. During Spring Training will Dan be down on the field working with the Offense or with the Quarterbacks. During games I assume he'll be upstairs in the owners box but in the heat of battle will he go down to the sidelines? Marino is VERY intense, he hates losing and I don't see him taking any type of passive role, I really don't. Wayne will be behind Dan whatever he wants to do. He idolizes Marino and Marino has a free pass to be anywhere and do anything he wants. For those who see this as a dog and pony show, I'm sorry, but you're dead wrong. Marino by virtue of his personality and burning desire to win will get an offense in place that is fun to watch. Fiedler will go flying out of here very soon. He's toast and Griese probably is too. Look for a veteran such as Garcia or Brunell or maybe someone more exciting. Waynes wallet is open for Dan, believe me, he's going to step up to the plate and buy, draft or trade for some offensive firepower

Back
Top Bottom