travis minor signed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

travis minor signed

Fitz said:
Alex Smith? If we were to take a QB I would hope it was Rodgers.

If SF keeps the first pick, they have already made it know that they want Rodgers. Personally, even if Rodgers was available, I'd still prefer Smith.

It's competition Travis could come out and look really good or have some value to the team. What if Gordon gets hurt again we need someone to fill his spot.

ItalianDolFan said:
okay, u guys got tell me about one-year deals. Seeing as how i dont pay attention to one year deals and the pay, i only pay attention to who is good and who isnt. Im wondering, we signed Damion Cook to a one year deal worth one million?? So if he gets released in camp......will we STILL pay him that one million?? To ANY of our players who get released in camp, will we still be paying them the money on their deals?

The only pay guranteed in football in signing bonus or an agreed upon amount that's guranteed, Minor's contract is probably a straight forth, you make the team you get paid, you get cut, you get nothing.

I was under the impression that the signing bonus is guaranteed (unless otherwise stipulated,) and the rest of the yearly salary is paid out divided weekly.

Travis was very productive as a back up. Everyone wants to bash him after 1 bad year behind last years horrible line?

I like Travis Minor as a third down back. Great change of pace guy who can throw off defenses...good catch and run player.

What is wrong w/ bringing back Minor?? the dude was a very good 3rd down back, special teams player, solid player, is everyone thinking he's trash because he couldn't produce behind our shambles of an O-line as an all down back?? Im a Cane's fan and Minor is one of my favorite players.

Minor is just signed to compete with Morris for the 3rd down back and see who fits Linehan's offense best. Remember the 3rd down back is generally a pass catcher and that was one thing Miami abandoned with the run ricky run bit was that Minor is a solid reciever out of the backfield as evidenced by his rookie year. It's a training camp battle between the 2 for 3rd RB.

Re-signing Minor confuses me. :confused: We have Heath and Martin as our FBs and Gordon and Morris as RBs. Now with Minor re-signed does this hurt drafting a RB? We will only carry two FBs and 3 RBs.

Nublar7 said:
Re-signing Minor confuses me. :confused: We have Heath and Martin as our FBs and Gordon and Morris as RBs. Now with Minor re-signed does this hurt drafting a RB? We will only carry two FBs and 3 RBs.

maybe we cut Martin and have Morris be the backup FB? It is just a 1 year deal so hopefully this doesnt keep us from drafting a franchise back

Back
Top Bottom