travis minor signed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

travis minor signed

DonShula84 said:
maybe we cut Martin and have Morris be the backup FB? It is just a 1 year deal so hopefully this doesnt keep us from drafting a franchise back
This is the first move that I question.

Nublar7 said:
This is the first move that I question.

imo we'll still draft a rb, but in what round will be the question. did you guys see the team report about a month ago on lamar gordon? apparently, sban has a lot of faith in him.

Nublar7 said:
Re-signing Minor confuses me. :confused: We have Heath and Martin as our FBs and Gordon and Morris as RBs. Now with Minor re-signed does this hurt drafting a RB? We will only carry two FBs and 3 RBs.

No reason that we cant have 4 RBs on the team during the preseason....If we draft an RB, one of them will end up getting cut - maybe Minor

I was always fairly high on Minor until last year. It's not just that he is not feature back material that bothers me. It's the fact that he proved he had absolutely no vision for finding the right holes (not like there were a lot of them) and went down like a feather in the wind. He also didn't have the outside speed that a lot of people speak of, he looked terribly slow for a RB. He had some decent runs alst year, but ask yourself one question- what did he do on these runs? Nothing, he just got lucky. There were no great moves. no explosive speed, just confusion on the defense or some other factor. I've seen a lot of 3rd down backs with a lot more talent than him get pushed out of the league. Why would we waste money on a guy who really isn't that good at anything?

DiepatriotsDie said:
I'm glad we re-signed him. He was a good backup to Ricky, just not starter material. He could be cut in camp I suppose, but it doesn't hurt to have him there.

That's like being a good "3rd stringer to Marino" because Ricky was the offense for two straight years. He was worn down like a horse and rarely recieved a breather.

i like Travis Minor. I think we should give him a chance, he has potential. Sometime, somewhere down the road he can make a good starter. I mean look at our depth chart:

Sammy Morris
Lamar Gordon
Possibly Ricky Williams
Brock Forsey
Vick King
Travis Minor

The starting RB job is up for grabs. Yeah, i think Brock will win it:roflmao:

Sirspud said:
I was always fairly high on Minor until last year. It's not just that he is not feature back material that bothers me. It's the fact that he proved he had absolutely no vision for finding the right holes (not like there were a lot of them) and went down like a feather in the wind.

But he's a heck of a reciever out of the backfield and a pain in the butt to tackle in the open field. Ever watch the Vikings the last year with Bennet, Smith, or Moore???...Linehan threw them all the ball. I think this signing is Linehan's doing.

Back
Top Bottom