Trubisky Anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trubisky Anyone?

Wouldn't sign him for the minimum non-guaranteed if we had Brian Hoyer penciled in as the starter. Personally, I think he's trash. Didn't rate him coming out. Wasn't impressed with him at UNC. While I don't like Winston there's at least potential there if he can cut the turnovers.

Nick Foles is absolutely winning that job.

Why even talk about someone like Trubisky when there is a high upside QB in Winston on the market? Not that I'm advocating Winston, but he's 5 times the playmaker that Trubisky is and can make plays all day long at the pro level. He just makes too many mistakes. Trubisky simply doesn't make plays for long stretches - not that I think he's a lost cause, the Bears were inept all around on offense last year and didn't really scheme any ways to help him out, which even "Franchise" guys like Jared Goff have shown they need. Even the best QB in the game, Mahomes, gets a huge amount of help from offensive innovation every week. The Bears gave Trubisky NOTHING last year. I watched nearly every game.

I never considered him an NFL quarterback. I laughed when Chicago drafted him.

Just like Jones and the giants...

Let me see, there is a QB named Trubisky?.

He can generate touchdowns at an acceptable number, but gets intercepted a lot. He is tough and can take the pounding the NFL puts on QB's. He needs to develop as a QB in terms of reduced interceptions and reading the defense. He has had a few years of experience and doesn't seem to be a prima donna. He is about to be dumped form the Bears.

Is this the type of QB who, with competent coaching and a team moving forward, blossom? I suspect he could. As usual, we don't know enough about his personal behavior, but I would be surprised if he wouldn't improve on the right team.

I always think a QB that had enough talent to be drafted into the NFL gets a mental jolt when they are traded or cut. This "jolt" can refocus a QB on what really needs to be done to play well. Didn't we see something like this with Tannehill last year? What about that guy who was bagging groceries one day and leading the RAMS to the Superbowl the next year?

The real question is, can our new staff help a basic QB develop into a good QB. We might want to see what happens to Rosen this year with the Dolphins as an indicator as to wither or not the coaching staff can do this.

If they can have success with Rosen this year, they would probably have even more success with Trubisky, since he has more NFL experience and it was a much more successful experience.

I would like to see us use a 2 pronged approach for developing QB's; the draft for a QB with NFL potential but no NFL experience and going through the trailing's of other teams discarded QB's looking for a QB with some NFL experience and with a more complete personality profile that was established while he was playing in the NFL.

Since results are more important than opinions, taking advantage of two viable sources at the same time for such a pivotal position seems to me a way to improve our chances for success, even it offends some Lemmings sensibilities.

Don't let Belichick see this post. I don't want to give that guy any good ideas.

Back
Top Bottom