Trubisky Anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trubisky Anyone?

As far as Trubisky goes, we already have at least 2 backups already on the roster.

I think Trubisky is as good of a prospect as Love or Herbert, so any team not chasing Tua or Burrow that's looking to add a young starting qb in 2020 instead of waiting for 2021 should at least consider it an option if the trade price is right.

I'd be all over Winston if the dolphins miss out on Tua. Would probably be too late tho.

Turns the ball over, absolutely. But he moves the offense. Cut his turnovers in half and he's an all pro.
I wonder if this coaching staff could coach those dumb plays out of Winston. We saw less of that with Fitzpatrick.

Winston definitely has ability, but you can't win turning it over that many times.

Let me see, there is a QB named Trubisky?.

He can generate touchdowns at an acceptable number, but gets intercepted a lot. He is tough and can take the pounding the NFL puts on QB's. He needs to develop as a QB in terms of reduced interceptions and reading the defense. He has had a few years of experience and doesn't seem to be a prima donna. He is about to be dumped form the Bears.

Is this the type of QB who, with competent coaching and a team moving forward, blossom? I suspect he could. As usual, we don't know enough about his personal behavior, but I would be surprised if he wouldn't improve on the right team.

I always think a QB that had enough talent to be drafted into the NFL gets a mental jolt when they are traded or cut. This "jolt" can refocus a QB on what really needs to be done to play well. Didn't we see something like this with Tannehill last year? What about that guy who was bagging groceries one day and leading the RAMS to the Superbowl the next year?

The real question is, can our new staff help a basic QB develop into a good QB. We might want to see what happens to Rosen this year with the Dolphins as an indicator as to wither or not the coaching staff can do this.

If they can have success with Rosen this year, they would probably have even more success with Trubisky, since he has more NFL experience and it was a much more successful experience.

I would like to see us use a 2 pronged approach for developing QB's; the draft for a QB with NFL potential but no NFL experience and going through the trailing's of other teams discarded QB's looking for a QB with some NFL experience and with a more complete personality profile that was established while he was playing in the NFL.

Since results are more important than opinions, taking advantage of two viable sources at the same time for such a pivotal position seems to me a way to improve our chances for success, even it offends some Lemmings sensibilities.

Don't let Belichick see this post. I don't want to give that guy any good ideas.
That's exactly what I was wondering. Can this staff turn him around?

Again, it's just a question. Wanted to hear others opinions, who have seen him play more than I have.

I think Trubisky is as good of a prospect as Love or Herbert, so any team not chasing Tua or Burrow that's looking to add a young starting qb in 2020 instead of waiting for 2021 should at least consider it an option if the trade price is right.
This quarterback class is looking a little more iffy after Burrow and Tua. Plus, Tua has durability questions.

I do like Herbert's upside. but he has some bad tape and accuracy can be inconsistent.

Miami will be taking a chance on virtually any of these quarterbacks.

giphy.gif

This quarterback class is looking a little more iffy after Burrow and Tua. Plus, Tua has durability questions.

I do like Herbert's upside. but he has some bad tape and accuracy can be inconsistent.

Miami will be taking a chance on virtually any of these quarterbacks.

I just think the odds of a young qb with NFL experience taking the next step with a new team and coaching staff is just as good or better than the odds of rookie qbs selected 3rd, 4th or 5th in the draft qb class. Sure people will throw out names like Russel Wilson, I'm not saying all qbs drafted in that range will fail. I like Love and Herbert as draft options, just saying if the price is right on Trubisky I would consider that option too.

Trade for Trubisky, let him start all 16 games next year, and you can damn sure bet that we will be drafting Lawrence with the number 1 pick in the 2021 draft without having to trade up to do it.

I wonder if this coaching staff could coach those dumb plays out of Winston. We saw less of that with Fitzpatrick.

Winston definitely has ability, but you can't win turning it over that many times.

Part of Winston's struggles were due to his poor eyesight. He still turns the ball over way too much. No, I am not a Jameis fan.

The fact that they traded up and then took him over Deshaun and Mahomes is going to live in infamy. That would be hard to take.
They got fleeced hard by the 49ers. I was blown away. Then they took Solomon Thomas who was their guy the whole time. Never understood why he hasn't panned out or developed further at this point in his career. I was absolutely enamored with him heading into the draft the year he came out.

They got fleeced hard by the 49ers. I was blown away. Then they took Solomon Thomas who was their guy the whole time. Never understood why he hasn't panned out or developed further at this point in his career. I was absolutely enamored with him heading into the draft the year he came out.

I watch a lot of ACC football and to think someone watched Watson then watched Trubisky and thought that he was a better prospect? How do they still have a job?

Back
Top Bottom