Tua come out or Tua not to come out | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua come out or Tua not to come out

Expectations have become to be able to come back about 90%, like Wilson, Allen and Mosley. So a few have at least attempted comebacks. Only guy's who were good to begin with comeback. Many careers do end because of the fear of the injury, lower level ability and players and coaches not bothering.

Pitta is the only attempted comeback with any type of break. No one has attempted to comeback from a full transversal break nor a triple break. Tua better not have one of those or he's done.

There's no doubt Tua will attempt to come back. He has a potential career riding on it. He's suffered a serious injury to his hip that now has added serious questions to how well he'll be able to recover to be able to play at the level he once played at. There is a difference in terms of 100% recovery to returning to 100% of playing capability. Recovering 100% from the injury, doesn't neccesarily mean 100% return to former ability; especially once metal or titanium is inserted into the injured area.

Expectations have become to be able to come back about 90%, like Wilson, Allen and Mosley. So a few have at least attempted comebacks. Only guy's who were good to begin with comeback. Many careers do end because of the fear of the injury, lower level ability and players and coaches not bothering.

Pitta is the only attempted comeback with any type of break. No one has attempted to comeback from a full transversal break nor a triple break. Tua better not have one of those or he's done.

Cant triple stamp a double stamp. He's gonna shake the haters off by doing ****ing cart wheels at the combine while throwing a 45 pound football out of the colts stadium.

We are taking him with our first pick. Lets just stop with the dog and pony show.

If he shows progress towards recovery with no setbacks you take him with your first pick.
My reasoning as follows:
The upside.
The difference between #5 and say #20 is less than risk of losing him if he is progressing.
We’ve missed out / passed on: Rodgers - Brees- Watson- LJx .. to name a few. It’s time to truly invest - take your shot.

I think there's a serious and obvious flaw involved in looking at past hip injuries for non-quarterbacks and then extrapolating to Tua Tagovailoa based on those finding.

Take out what you want the team to do. Do you think this front office is willing to swing for the fences and take a chance on Tua? I get the feeling thats not what they will do. I think they will tuck their tail and take some safe pick. Like the Wilkins pick when you had the obvious better player in Simmons on the board. Still pissed about that.

If they take Herbert when Tua is on the board I will mail my fan card in. That wouldnt even be a safe decision.

There's no doubt Tua will attempt to come back. He has a potential career riding on it. He's suffered a serious injury to his hip that now has added serious questions to how well he'll be able to recover to be able to play at the level he once played at. There is a difference in terms of 100% recovery to returning to 100% of playing capability. Recovering 100% from the injury, doesn't neccesarily mean 100% return to former ability; especially once metal or titanium is inserted into the injured area.
I haven't come across any articles or heard any commentary that metal or titanium was inserted in or around his hip. Has metal or titanium been inserted or is it speculation on your part?

Haven't seen this posted yet on finheaven, maybe it has been?

And there is this if you have ESPN+

The Tua conundrum
A healthy number of evaluators agree:
"Tua over Burrow all day long," an NFC scout said.
If only it were that simple. Tagovailoa's injuries are holding him back. His height (6-foot-1) will always concern some general managers, but that's less of a concern than in past years.
The injury-prone label was a problem well before Tagovailoa went down with a dislocated hip on Nov. 16. Over the next four months, NFL teams will treat Tagovailoa like an Operation board game.
"He literally has had something every spring and every summer since he got to Tuscaloosa -- hand, toe, knee, elbow, ankle," the second AFC scout said. "His medical evals will be absolutely crucial."
The raw ability should overcome enough concerns to get Tagovailoa into the top half of the first round. Many people around the league believe the Dolphins, projected for the No. 4 pick, targeted Tua long ago.
Good coordinators can mask quarterback deficiencies over full seasons with timely playcalling, misdirection plays and a strong supporting cast. But the quarterbacks who last can stretch a defense, and Tagovailoa can place balls through tight windows and hit streaking receivers over the top.
"If you want anticipation throws and the accuracy and the ability to go vertical, Tua's still at the top of the list for these quarterbacks," the NFC scout said.
Despite the scarcity of left-handed NFL quarterbacks, multiple NFL people interviewed say Tagovailoa doesn't get dinged for being a lefty because premier left tackles are so hard to find now that there's almost no difference between the left and right sides. "If you don't have a primo left tackle, it almost helps you a little bit," the NFC scout said.

I haven't come across any articles or heard any commentary that metal or titanium was inserted in or around his hip. Has metal or titanium been inserted or is it speculation on your part?

There's a video interview posted earlier on this thread where he mentions and I quote, "there's metal in there, you know?".

There was a tweet that said metal was inserted into his hip area.

If he makes that statement after he is actually playing football and it is obviously affecting him by being hesitant then it is a concern.

I agree with your sentiment that now is way too early to be deciding what draft position is correct to help mitigate the risk his hip injury added. By the time he's able to play football again, however, he'll already have been drafted.

I don't usually get interested in the draft until after the season is over, but this situation is just too interesting to stay away. I think it's foolish to trust that Tua will fall all the way to the 20s. Somebody is going to take the risk earlier than that, even if it means trading up to do so. Will it be us? Seeing how teams approach this will be fascinating. I know risk management isn't sexy, but hot damn, I'm in this year.

Last edited:
I think there's a serious and obvious flaw involved in looking at past hip injuries for non-quarterbacks and then extrapolating to Tua Tagovailoa based on those finding.
Oh no you are wrong it is totally reasonable to point back to guys who played 20 years ago as examples of Tua his injury his operation and his recovery

Well it was Beskar so you are wrong on all accounts - LOL and for those who don’t like to research google is your friend

The Mandolarian First episode is a hint

On his projected recovery time-line he could be on time to at least put some individual work down on mini-camps, start practicing (no contact is the rule for qbs at this point anyway) by preseason, I wouldn't play him at all, though.

I would then PUP him, to use the roster spot, since we will probably still have Fitz&Rosen. Keep working w him as close as possible. If he looks good, IR the loser out of Fitz&Rosen, bring Tua back on wk 8 and give him the last few games of 2020.

Sounds good, huh?

We will know his level of comfort by the draft. That's what his injury comes down to. If he feels comfortable, his running and twisting ability will be back to about 90%. If he has pain and or any compensation while walking by the draft, don't take him. If he's natural and looks comfortable, take him if Burrow and Young are gone. I would also take Thomas if I'm not 100% sold on Tua's body language in public events. If we pick #4 or later and he's there, it's a no-brainer.

There's a video interview posted earlier on this thread where he mentions and I quote, "there's metal in there, you know?".

I appreciate all your posts you are a good thinker - keep up the good work

To those (not you) who make SHAIT up about prehistoric surgery - and read every post on the internet like it is the bible.

My shoulder hasn’t felt better since I had mechano inserted over 15 years ago - imagine the wealth of research and experience these surgeons have gleaned about the entire body in the past 15 years -
So I expect the best for the player and if he is drafted this year the team that does better have a contingency plan

Because crazy stuff happens that no one would guess

Back
Top Bottom