**Tua discussion super thread** | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Tua discussion super thread**

These threads always seem to lack common sense. It's just a battle between two camps lol. Where is the middle ground at with some common sense.

Half the people are in la la land think hes our next savior the other half has crystal balls in their back pockets and can tell he will never be any good.

Just LOL

Except one of the camps is driven by football novices who don’t understand the game. It’s a false equivalency.

These threads always seem to lack common sense. It's just a battle between two camps lol. Where is the middle ground at with some common sense.

Half the people are in la la land think hes our next savior the other half has crystal balls in their back pockets and can tell he will never be any good.

Just LOL
Extremists, whether it's religion, politics, or sports are not known for critical thinking, or having open minds.

That's not to say there can't be rational discussions on differing opinions. Just not with extremists. They tend to think anyone who disagrees is a moronic idiot, and prefer insults, and name calling, to actual respectful discourse.

Reactions: Zeb
Maybe you should take a class in good QB play. Tua’s throw ended up being a back shoulder because it was under thrown 😂😂😂. Parker could have called for a fair catch 😂

Parker bailed him out several times by making circus catches on some of the dead ducks.

Extremists, whether it's religion, politics, or sports are not known for critical thinking, or having open minds.

That's not to say there can't be rational discussions on differing opinions. Just not with extremists. They tend to think anyone who disagrees is a moronic idiot, and prefer insults, and name calling, to actual respectful discourse.
This is true. Just go on any message board about any subject in the world and this is what's happening.

It just drives me crazy. And listen I get people are upset about certain things me as well but like you said why can't we have rational discussions about it.

My contention is that, by definition of the words, the statement doesn't make sense.

It had nothing to do with Tua as a player. There is just no such thing as an "elite prospect", IMO.

No need to be defensive here.
I think there is. Sometimes you've got a guy in the draft who you say, "That guy is going to just be great." Quentin Nelson, Chase Young, Sewell in upcoming draft I suppose is another one.

I think by definition those are elite prospects.

Gesicki did too in the chiefs game where he threw that td into triple coverage.
Are we really going to do this though? What reciever hasn't bailed their qb out from time to time? Also guys like parker and geseki their best attribute is grabbing jump balls and contested balls from defenders.

There are definitely some trolls masquerading as Dolphins fans in this thread. And ironically they tend to have some versions of “Dolphin” in their usernames. Dead giveaway lol.

You just proved his point.

Thanks for having an open mind.
False. I always have an open mind but you need to present a coherent argument steeped in the real world. He’s flailing around aimlessly without a good understanding of football dynamics. If he wants to try again with a deeper, more intelligent thesis, I’m all ears. Throwing out a superficial, unrigorous statement does not make a valid point. I’m not going to sit here and give out a trophy for trying. The nonsense being spouted off needs to be called out. It’s asinine and polluting the site. I’ve been quiet on this too long. It needs to be corrected.

I meant top QBs in the NFL. Those are throws that the top 5-10 QBs can only make. Didn't mean just Mahomes and Rodgers

Back shoulders aren’t hard, probably one of the easiest throws to make. It’s actually an indication of how good a WR is. Those throws are much tougher on the WR. ****, I have thought my 7 yo son to make back shoulder throws and catches. I’ll be 40 next month and can still throw a 50 yard back shoulder. Tua’s back shoulder throw to Parker had more hang time than a Pat Mcafee punt😂😂 If X was defending that **** it would be a pick

I think there is. Sometimes you've got a guy in the draft who you say, "That guy is going to just be great." Quentin Nelson, Chase Young, Sewell in upcoming draft I suppose is another one.

I think by definition those are elite prospects.
Yes, you can say they are going to be great, but it is entirely subjective. You are projecting from prior play at a lesser level.

I understand what you are saying, but to be elite at something, there should be some type of comparative measurable involved.

I mean is Mayfield an "elite prospect"? Why, or why not? Has he been around to long to now be considered a prospect? Where do you draw the line?

I noticed the examples you gave were of guys that haven't been drafted yet, so they are indeed prospects.

Just LOL

That’s why teams have practice squads. So players like Tua have somewhere to go and maybe get better and then their fan club can keep their jerseys

Back
Top Bottom