Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

He is God, I like Tua but what you’re saying about DM in this post is offensive. If Tua has the left arm of god then he has Marino’s left arm. Simple.
He also said Marino has a weaker arm than JaMarcus Russell. Dude is out of his mind. No where near reality. He should be banned for talking about Marino that.

He also said Marino has a weaker arm than JaMarcus Russell. Dude is out of his mind. No where near reality. He should be banned for talking about Marino that.
Russell was a complete garbage can, but he literally threw a ball 75 yards on both knees.

But sure, Marino was the best at everything you can think of. Carry on with your fantasies. I don't care what you think at all lol.

Fact, They didn’t make the switch because of turnovers, the plan all along was to make the switch on the bye week.
You have that in writing? Cuz if Fitz was 5-1 without leaving points on the board and not TO the ball - I promise you there is No switch

Yeah he has his moments

I’ll caveat that by saying he actually is a good poster but when you post regularly every now and then you’re bound to have a post people will be jumping up and down about. In a way it’s though provoking but you’ll split opinions......DM is god though

Last edited:
Yeah he has his moments

I’ll caveat that by saying he actually is a good poster but when you post regularly every now and then you’re bound to have a post people will be jumping up and down about. In a way it’s though provoking but you’ll split opinions......DM is god though
I don't think anybody in the history of the league had a better arm than Marino, but having the "best arm" is comprised of multiple different attributes.

My only point is that other QBs throughout history can rival and in very rare cases beat those attributes individually, but it doesn't mean they're close in others to rival Marino's arm as a whole.

I don't think anybody in the history of the league had a better arm than Marino, but having the "best arm" is comprised of multiple different attributes.

My only point is that other QBs throughout history can rival and in very rare cases beat those attributes individually, but it doesn't mean they're close in others to rival Marino's arm as a whole.
Don’t disagree with that but they have to prove over a period of time that they can be compared with someone like DM. Tua is still in the early stages. But also DM is a hero to a couple of generations and we get a bit salty when he’s not seen as ‘the one’. Every generation tend to have their guy.

Don’t disagree with that but they have to prove over a period of time that they can be compared with someone like DM. Tua is still in the early stages. But also DM is a hero to a couple of generations and we get a bit salty when he’s not seen as ‘the one’. Every generation tend to have their guy.
But "proving" QB play is different than, "How fast or far can this guy throw?"

The latter is easily measurable and isn't likely to change much. Tua was the highest rated player in the entire country coming out of high school. If not for the injury, he was going to be the highest rated player in all of college football as well until Joe Burrow's best season of all-time may have pushed him at minimum down to #2.

The reasons why he was this highly rated were because he absolutely had an elite release and elite accuracy. He doesn't need to "prove it" over the course of 5 years or whatever arbitrary timeframe you deem acceptable because they're objectively measurable (mainly the former) as this thread's article shows. Does that mean he has Marino's arm? Nope, because his arm strength doesn't come close to Marino's which is just another piece of the puzzle.

Again, the ONLY reason why Marino is even mentioned in this article has nothing to do with comparing Tua to a previous Dolphins legend QB. It's because he's well regarded as having an elite release so it's merely a comparison. Another measurement of exit velocity comparing to baseball pitching speed was posted with various QBs to show comparisons. Personally I would then want to know what Jamarcus Russell's exit velocity was because he's looked at as having possibly the strongest arm ever. Can I compare Tua to Jamarcus Russell? Is that allowed? Because Russell was ****ing awful, but that one attribute he had was absolutely elite and is literally the only reason he got drafted at all because he was garbage at everything else you need to play QB... but it was elite enough to have him go #1 overall.

Last edited:
You have that in writing? Cuz if Fitz was 5-1 without leaving points on the board and not TO the ball - I promise you there is No switch
I can’t find the video of Flo explaining the situation, but here’s a clip of an article.
“The other side of the coin is that the move sends Fitzpatrick, a beloved player in the locker room, to the bench. He was playing really well, so the move wasn't about his play as much as it was about Tagovailoa's development.“
And there’s other articles stating the same thing. Can you provide a link or article stating that the dolphins benched him because of his play as you say.

There were a number of qbs who could throw it farther than marino even during his playing days
They literally had a QB competition every year for funzies and one of the events was the long throw. Other QBs could chuck it farther than Marino could, so I don't know where this ridiculous notion came from that Marino had the strongest arm ever.

The revisionist history is insane.

I can’t find the video of Flo explaining the situation, but here’s a clip of an article.
“The other side of the coin is that the move sends Fitzpatrick, a beloved player in the locker room, to the bench. He was playing really well, so the move wasn't about his play as much as it was about Tagovailoa's development.“
And there’s other articles stating the same thing. Can you provide a link or article stating that the dolphins benched him because of his play as you say.
He didnt say it was for his development, he said it was what's best for the team... Flores has always said he does what gives the team the best chance to win.

Back
Top Bottom