Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

Tua was drafted for the RPO. Run/pass.
Seems like he's being told to stay in the pocket even if it means being destroyed. He needs to help himself on the 3rd and 4 situations and run for the first.
He was drafted to throw accurate balls down field. He was not drafted to hand off. The line needs help. That OL coach needs to go. If I'm not mistaken he was the most accurate passer in college history. If you have that in your QB, then get the line fixed watch him work
You are confusing what an RPO offense is. It does not mean the QB runs the ball.

I actually preferred Herbert but still like Tua and currently am happy with what he’s done so far with a team in full rebuild. But stop running Herbert down. He’s playing well. Just accept it.
Fins would have traded Ekeler

Actually, a significant number of people do. Justifiably
When people talk about those QB's, they respond to claims they are great by saying they are great because they are surrounded by better talent then Tua? No they don't, they don't even think about Tua. He's irrelevant when discussing those types of QBs at this point.

When people stop feeling compelled to qualify Herberts performance with having a better team around him than Tua, that is when they will truly accept how good he is.

No one qualifies Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Allen, Murray, etc performance as being surrounded with better talent than Tua, they are just better and still would be better on any team they played on. Herbert is in that category, IMHO.

Tua is his own guy and can still be really good independent of whatever Herbert is doing.
100% correct. Herbert is and will be a top QB and likely a legend. He’s that good. But that has NOTHING to do with Tua! We need to stop bitching about that pick and focus on getting better and building the weaknesses of our team to allow success. Tua can be a good to great QB. Given the right supporting cast.

Phins Up!

When people talk about those QB's, they respond to claims they are great by saying they are great because they are surrounded by better talent then Tua? No they don't, they don't even think about Tua. He's irrelevant when discussing those types of QBs at this point.

OT a little, Brady and BB. For many years there was a debate whether Brady or BB were the reason for the success. Brady left. Evidence to date is BB, by himself, was not the reason for the success. OTOH, Brady is on another 'stacked' team so the jury is out. No one will ever know how good any QB is until they have played for a Bus team and a Dolphin team and compare the differences.
Let me say up front, all the QBs you name are top talents and a few look like future HOFrs. I don't deny that. As far as TT, Mahommes, et al, I have said, going back to Montana, it's easier to be a top QB with a top organization. I'm likely a minority of one, but I doubt Montana or Bradshaw if they played for the '21 Dolphins. In that sense, yes, many top players become great players because of surrounding cast. Doesn't detract from their talents - just acknowledges the obvious.
As far as TT, I continue to maintain he has the physical talent. What is unknown is if he has the mental quickness/diagnostics to be anything more than an average QB. Part of that is surrounding talent. Part of it is he just hasn't shown enough.
To topic, I think a true feature RB would help, but given the OL, not a lot. Even Henry needs a crease. Yeah, get a feature back, but don't think that will solve the O

He's no wasted asset that's for sure. Up by 3 points against a team who are on their way to the NFL's longest losing stream and you're ready to put Tua into the HOF? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom