Tua next guest on Tyreek's podcast | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua next guest on Tyreek's podcast

He’ll mold into more of a vocal leader with time and experience, as well as success.
Possible, but not a given. There is, of course, more than one style of leadership. I just don't get the impression of top "alpha" in a league full of alphas from Tua. Like I said, not the be all, end all for every QB. TBF, I don't see that to a high degree in guys like Allen, Mahomes, etc either. It may also just be his public persona, and he is quite different in the locker room and on the field. He did, after all, get fed up and called the nameless one out for being an a$$ in front of the team. I'm positive many players respected that.

I agree. It was just tough to watch as you wanted to see him challenge all of his critics. It came off as Tyreek Hill's team and Tua plays the position of QB on it.
I guess I don't really care about him challenging his critics with words. So many posts here keep saying, 'no more talk, show it on the field' or words to that effect. That's exactly how Tua is. The silent assassin moniker fits. He's clearly noting who's talking and he plans to show them. I see that to be very much in the mold of a Brady or Jordan who took every slight, perceived or real, and used it for fuel.

I guess I don't really care about him challenging his critics with words. So many posts here keep saying, 'no more talk, show it on the field' or words to that effect. That's exactly how Tua is. The silent assassin moniker fits. He's clearly noting who's talking and he plans to show them. I see that to be very much in the mold of a Brady or Jordan who took every slight, perceived or real, and used it for fuel.
I hope so! Guess we'll find out!

Tua looked like he wanted to fall asleep on that sofa. Very inspiring stuff.

I know I’ll get ripped for this (I certainly don’t care) but imo Andy Reid is a great coach who is really good at making personnel decisions. There’s a reason why he let Tyreek Hill go.
No one will rip you for that. Some will wonder about your ability to digest facts and reach reasonable conclusions from those facts.

Imo… there are traits where he makes the right read and doesn’t put his foot in his mouth and then there are times where I still see a kid.

Personally and I said this his rookie year, he’s not ready to start for a Myriad of reasons, one of those being he doesn’t feel comfortable taking the job from a vet.

Last edited:
Brady? The guy who went up to Kraft, introduced himself, and told Kraft he was the best decision he ever made?
Jordan? The guy that used to make rookies cry just for kicks?

No, I don't see those personality types in Tua at all. Not that it is good or bad, just not a very apt comp, IMO. Maybe he takes things as fuel, but that's hardly rare in high level/professional athletics.

Maybe I just find a comp to two arguable GOATs silly on the surface........

Imo… there are traits where he makes the right read and doesn’t put his foot in his mouth and then there are times where I still see a kid.

Personally and I said this his rookie year, he’s not ready to start for a Myriad of reasons, one of those being he doesn’t feel comfortable taking the job from a vet not messing vet players
You think Tua isnt ready to start right now?

Yup yup

Tua will lead by example with his 53 (46
passing) combined TD season.

After 5700 yards and 53 TDS, nobody will talk about his alpha standing anymore.

So says GRYPHONK

I love Tua.

This relationship is going to be boom or bust though. Tyreek is at the apex of his career and is not coming off like a man that’s going to be patient for Tua.

Hope Tua follows Marino’s advice of pick a guy, and let it fly!

Possible, but not a given. There is, of course, more than one style of leadership. I just don't get the impression of top "alpha" in a league full of alphas from Tua. Like I said, not the be all, end all for every QB. TBF, I don't see that to a high degree in guys like Allen, Mahomes, etc either. It may also just be his public persona, and he is quite different in the locker room and on the field. He did, after all, get fed up and called the nameless one out for being an a$$ in front of the team. I'm positive many players respected that.
I don’t see that type in most of the QBs in this league from Russ Wilson to Herbert. Most of them are God fearing humble dudes. The only two I see command that type of persona are Brady and Rodgers, they have that My **** don’t stink personality.

I don’t see that type in most of the QBs in this league from Russ Wilson to Herbert. Most of them are God fearing humble dudes. The only two I see command that type of persona are Brady and Rodgers, they have that My **** don’t stink personality.
Not going to speculate on anyone's religious views, but I think we are talking about two different things here. One can exude confidence in a way to lift those around them without being an arrogant prick. That doesn't have to mean yelling and screaming either.

Brady? The guy who went up to Kraft, introduced himself, and told Kraft he was the best decision he ever made?
Jordan? The guy that used to make rookies cry just for kicks?

No, I don't see those personality types in Tua at all. Not that it is good or bad, just not a very apt comp, IMO. Maybe he takes things as fuel, but that's hardly rare in high level/professional athletics.

Maybe I just find a comp to two arguable GOATs silly on the surface........
When I scouted Tua at Alabama I saw the most aggressive QB I'd ever seen in college. He wasn't a trash talker, but he was definitely an assassin.

And I personally don't make just surface evaluations or make player comparisons as a prediction that a player will be as good as another. But when you evaluate traits you have to show traits from players that people will recognize. And if the traits match, they match. I find it silly when people can't understand that about evaluations.

When I scouted Tua at Alabama I saw the most aggressive QB I'd ever seen in college. He wasn't a trash talker, but he was definitely an assassin.

And I personally don't make just surface evaluations or make player comparisons as a prediction that a player will be as good as another. But when you evaluate traits you have to show traits from players that people will recognize. And if the traits match, they match. I find it silly when people can't understand that about evaluations.
That's awesome you were a scout

Back
Top Bottom