Tua played at 60% last year | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua played at 60% last year

Precisely. Proof is in the pudding. Either win or go home. Stop telling me how much sizzle is on the steak. Stop trying to convince of what I am or am not seeing.

Moreover, people still glaze over the games that Fitz came in and finished. How does that stat weigh against all others?

And this whole "60%" BS.... is that a bigger condemnation of our coach pushing Tua into game action when he wasn't ready? Or Tua allowing himself to be thrown to the wolves when his body wasn't ready? If you let this sit longer, it starts to reek of Shanahan / RGIII Part 2.

At some point, this is either more fodder for the apologists or an underappreciated truth that any responsible leader would not have allowed. Any half fan knows the NFL is not a game you play at limited capacity for extended games without risking career-threatening injuries. Playing hurt for a game or two is one thing... (almost) an entire season, especially with the severity of his previous injury, is idiotic. So, again, is it more excuses or idiocy that led to these decisions?

Putting a rookie on the field while recovering from injury and no mastery of the playbook is the equivalent of putting a tackling dummy behind center hoping it won't get hit.

So is Flo this ignorant or are we just fishing for reasons to excuse poor play?

Most fans were ok with Tua sitting all last year. Why risk it? Why not take the built-in mulligan and give him a chance to master the playbook and strengthen his body?

And then get rid of Fitz in the offseason and Gailey retire? What was the purpose of Gailey and Fitz? You bring in an OC tailored for the QB you are not investing in long term? Seems very near-sighted.

So, our return for last year is "Tua played and didn't get hurt"? Seems like a huge gamble to place on your supposed future Franchise QB.

Seems there is more that occurred than we will every truly know about our master plan.
considering he lost one game with a late pick and only won the other with a miracle, blind throw, the results were mixed at best

Given the Watson current mess, don't think he is going anywhere. So this year gives us a real test drive with Tua. And if he fails, then Watson should be still available 2022.
Can we put all your lame ass Watson takes in one place and burn Em

PFF is absolute garbage. Keep hanging onto them though.

Here's a prime example as there is a click on here that hold PFF tighter than thier little dinky, especially with Oline rankings.
I really can’t believe that anyone who actually knows anything about football actually takes PFF seriously. A bunch of nerds who never played a down of football feeding their biased information into their computers and coming up with their own clueless rankings.

I think I will just watch the games and form my own opinions and skip the BS the nerds are spreading.

I really can’t believe that anyone who actually knows anything about football actually takes PFF seriously. A bunch of nerds who never played a down of football feeding their biased information into their computers and coming up with their own clueless rankings.

I think I will just watch the games and form my own opinions and skip the BS the nerds are spreading.
You don't have to play the sport to be informative and be a good analysis. The late Howard Cosell did not play much football.

You don't have to play the sport to be informative and be a good analysis. The late Howard Cosell did not play much football
Cosell was effective because he was a personality but I never saw him as someone who actually had a lot of football knowledge. The fact they always had two former football players in the booth to explain what was happening on the field while Costello rambled on clearly showed he wasn’t put in the booth as an expert on the game of football.

I respect your opinion and all people's opinion. However, when people want to put down my opinion and your opinion, and dress up their opinion as fact, and ask for proof, then only stats and numbers from places like ppf can use as metric.

Cosell was effective because he was a personality but I never saw him as someone who actually had a lot of football knowledge. The fact they always had two former football players in the booth to explain what was happening on the field while Costello rambled on clearly showed he wasn’t put in the booth as an expert on the game of football.
I am sure you are right about Cosell. But I am absolutely certain he had more knowledge in football than most here. Me included.

I am sure you are right about Cosell. But I am absolutely certain he had more knowledge in football than most here. Me included.
I liked Cosell in the booth because of the entertainment factor he bought to MNF but I never saw him as a football expert. I listened to Frank and Dandy Don when it came to explaining what was happening on the field and I listened to Cosell when I needed a good laugh during a boring game.

Cosell had a connection with Ali.

1622830808888.png

Made him a star but football wasn't really his wheelhouse as I remember

He was entertaining on MNF

Cosell had an amazingly thin skin.

There was a bar where they raffled off a chance to throw a brick through a TV screen when Howard was talking. He sued them.

Free publicity and he couldn't take the criticism... sad for a guy who made his living doing commentary.

Worried eh?
Worry about what? I want Tua to improve and take the next step. I only worry if he fail to achieve that.

Thats how I defined between homer, fan and hater.
Homer, all players in the team can't do no wrong. And will find excuses for any bad performance.
Fan, call it what it is. Give both praises and criticisms. Want the team to do good and don't mind player changes.
Hater, has their own agender to want the player to fail, even it means dragging down the team as a whole.

I respect your opinion and all people's opinion. However, when people want to put down my opinion and your opinion, and dress up their opinion as fact, and ask for proof, then only stats and numbers from places like ppf can use as metric.
Do you even realize what PFF is? It is absolutely not a statistic. Passer rating, QBR,YPA, TD/INT ratio,ECT these stats and stated as a fact.Those can be stated as facts because they are stats you can argue over what stat is more important but that is it.

No PFF is not a stat nor a fact. PFF is mainly based of a person giving a grade on each snap to a player from -2 to 2. It is an opinion and not every snap/player is even graded by the same person. It is absolutely full of human bias/error. So you can use PFF to support your opinion but you can't state it as fact.

Do you even realize what PFF is? It is absolutely not a statistic. Passer rating, QBR,YPA, TD/INT ratio,ECT these stats and stated as a fact.Those can be stated as facts because they are stats you can argue over what stat is more important but that is it.

No PFF is not a stat nor a fact. PFF is mainly based of a person giving a grade on each snap to a player from -2 to 2. It is an opinion and not every snap/player is even graded by the same person. It is absolutely full of human bias/error. So you can use PFF to support your opinion but you can't state it as fact.
PFF grades every NFL player on every play on a scale of -2 to +2 using half point increments.[6] The grades are based on context and performance. A four-yard run that gains a first down after two broken tackles will receive a better grade than a four-yard run on 3rd & 5, where the ball carrier does nothing more than expected. A quarterback who makes a good pass that a receiver tips into the arms of a defender will not negatively affect the quarterback's grade on that play, despite the overall negative result for the team. So it is better than pure stats such as TD/INT radio.

It is sudjective, however it has a straight set of rules. Way better than so call 'eye test'.

Back
Top Bottom