Tua played at 60% last year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua played at 60% last year

Would u have expected him to say "I'm up to 60%, let's go" if we were to accept that it was true?
No... I expect coaches, players, politicians, and religious leaders to lie often and continually put the best face on things.

I'm a bit of a cynic, I suppose.

The ones who really scare me are the ones who begin to believe their own lies.

No... I expect coaches, players, politicians, and religious leaders to lie often and continually put the best face on things.

I'm a bit of a cynic, I suppose.

The ones who really scare me are the ones who begin to believe their own lies.
I call that understanding how the world works.

We literally just saw the fallout that happened when Tua gave the press a little bit of honesty.

That's why the people u listed behave exactly as u described.

i personally think the 60% thing is an excuse to quell some of the noise about his struggles...i mean do you think flores is playing a rookie qb at 60% health who was coming off a major hip injury over a 100% fitzpatrick? i just find that hard to believe...flores wouldve had the information from the medical staff and even if he wasnt a full 100% i think he was alot closer to 100 than 60...or flores isnt putting him on the field

i think he just struggled as a rookie, i expect him to be overall better, i expect him to be stronger, be in better game shape, be more comfortable moving around and have a better grasp of the offense as well as having better chemistry and timing with his pass catchers

i dont get why people cant just admit the guy struggled, its not saying he is going to suck and be a bust to admit he had a tough time...but to point to the team record with him in, or his 4th quarter qbr is just rationalizing at this point...we all saw the offense sputter for 3 quarters a game, we saw tua get replaced vs the raiders cuz he wasnt getting it done

theres pro-tua people who try to find a silver lining in anything to cling to hope as they make excuses for what we all saw

then theres anti-tua people who considered him a bust the day he was drafted, they will be screaming to bench him everytime he throws a pick and want to see him fail so they can say i told you so, nothing will ever be good enough for this group as they wanted to draft herbert or trade away the next 3 drafts to move up for burrow

then theres a 3rd group of people who can admit he struggled and wasnt good enough but also understand he was a rookie who was coming off injury, the team had alot of injuries, and the sample size is small...this group knows its too soon to write him off and they are rooting for the guy to succeed, i think more people fall into this group but the people in the other 2 are the ones making new tua threads every 45 minutes to push their extreme opinions

I don’t understand how people who’ve watched the last 20 years of Dolphins football can watch a rookie quarterback go 6-3 and be anything other than excited for his future. I really don’t.

Most quarterbacks suck or sit the bench as rookies, including basically all of the current best quarterbacks in the NFL and a number of Hall of Fame QBs. On the flip side, RG3 and Jameis Winston had much better rookie years than almost every great quarterback.

Tua was playing with CFL caliber receivers and running backs, behind an OL starting three rookies, after coming back from a career-threatening injury and having no professional training camp or preseason, and he won games. I don’t know what more some of you were expecting. He performed a hell of a lot better as a rookie than most of the league’s current best QBs, and he nearly quarterbacked a team with atrocious offensive talent to the playoffs.

I don’t understand how people who’ve watched the last 20 years of Dolphins football can watch a rookie quarterback go 6-3 and be anything other than excited for his future. I really don’t.

Tua was playing with CFL caliber receivers and running backs, behind an OL starting three rookies, after coming back from a career-threatening injury and having no professional training camp or preseason, and he won games. I don’t know what more some of you were expecting.

These two parts bear repeating. Until the new season starts - everyone can re-read this and step away from the ledge.

Since I don't think the original plan was to have him play at all. 60% is amazing coming that soon after surgery.
Now this year...100%....ohhhh boy! I'm so jacked for the season. Tua to Waddle over and over again. Over and over again.
If Flores trotted his long term franchise QB out onto the field and started him when he was only at 60%, risking his entire career not to mention his team's season, then Flores should be fired. This report is nonsense.

If Flores trotted his long term franchise QB out onto the field and started him when he was only at 60%, risking his entire career not to mention his team's season, then Flores should be fired. This report is nonsense.
100% cleared for play and physical contact.

60% back to his old self pre-nearly-career-threatening-injury.

100% cleared for play and physical contact.

60% back to his old self pre-nearly-career-threatening-injury.
No competent coach would start his rookie long term franchise QB if he thought he was at 60% health wise. That's rediculous and his personal trainer doesn't know sh*t compared to the Dolphins' trainers. AND oh, by the way, the report says he was "speculating".

No competent coach would start his rookie long term franchise QB if he thought he was at 60% health wise. That's rediculous and his personal trainer doesn't know sh*t compared to the Dolphins' trainers. AND oh, by the way, the report says he was "speculating".
This is hindsight.

At the time, he was cleared to play, so coach put him in.

As you say, 60% was an estimate.

his old self played in college not the nfl, 60% could be his nfl ceiling
Lmao.

So we saw his ceiling last season, several months post-surgery?

I guess anything is possible, but I'm going to have to say that is highly improbable.

Lmao.

So we saw his ceiling last season, several months post-surgery?

I guess anything is possible, but I'm going to have to say that is highly improbable.
Actually Tua over achieved last year. He will regress this year...

There is a difference between 100% healthy and 100% recovered. I started saying this a couple months back, and I've been shouting it from the rooftops for the past week.

There is a difference between 100% healthy and 100% recovered. I started saying this a couple months back, and I've been shouting it from the rooftops for the past week.
Really? What's the difference? And we aren't talking about 100% of anything. The report says 60%. It's absurd to think Flores would start Tua if he was 60% of anything unless he had no choice.

This is hindsight.

At the time, he was cleared to play, so coach put him in.

As you say, 60% was an estimate.
60% was an estimate by a guy who holds Tua's legs while he does situps. I'll put my faith in the Dolphins' coaching staff and trainers.

Back
Top Bottom