Tua played at 60% last year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua played at 60% last year

Ppf is one of the most comprehensive QB evaluation summary. It takes into account of td, yardages per attempt, td int radio, pass under pressure, win lose record, scrambling, accuracy, etc. Tua ranks bottom three out of 32.

You wanted prove, i gave you prove. Then you said 'so '....you are a typical heads i win tails you lose. I don't care what is your comparison metric, when you are 29 among 32, sub par is a kind word.

BTW, 2/3 winning you said, I take away the LV game. Detial is a bitch , right?
It’s “proof” goddamnit!

I rather see Tua play on Sunday..than assumed what he can and what he cant do..

How he rank in ppf qb power ranking among 32 teams?
You want prove, its bottom five.
They were ranking all QBs not rookie QBs coming off a major injury during a pandemic. Show me the numbers of other rookie QBs. Tua was better than Josh Allen, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Tannehill and many many more. Tua didn't have an average rookie season. He had a much better than average rookie season, and he was coming off a horrible injury where he couldn't even practice during the off season. Peyton was bottom 5 his rookie year as well, should they have canned him?? Josh Allen was terrible his rookie year, should they have given up on him?? Aaron Rodgers and Patrick MaHomes couldn't even get on the field.
Maybe Tua never gets any better and if that is the case he will not have had a good career, but he has tons of room for improvement and to give up on such a talent at this point is beyond insanity, there has to be an agenda. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense. You can't possibly expect a rookie to come out year one and be the finished product that he will be during his career. For heaven's sake he had a better QB rating his ROOKIE FREAKING YEAR, coming off a horrible injury than Dan Marino averaged for his career, (87 > 86). What would you consider an acceptable rookie year?? Win a super bowl and league MVP, and anything less cut them and draft someone else?

Can we just have a thread with all the reasons you disagree with all of them, why you blame Tua for everything up to and including the Kennedy assassination, and be done with your postings about him?
Don't forget global warming, pretty sure he caused that too, not to mention there were rumors that Tua was seen leaving the Ford Theater with a smoking gun after Lincoln got shot, so who knows of John Wikes Booth really was innocent...

Once again, Tua was a rookie coming of a major injury and most fans didn’t even think he would play last year as he was expected to continue to recover from his surgery. Yet he was able to play 9 games and while he had some struggles, he mostly played well considering he was a rookie QB.

He outplayed Herbert when the Dolphins played the Chargers and he was effective when he actually had some WR’s with actual NFL experience. Considering he was coming off a major injury, he had a below average OL, little or no running game in most games and ended the last month of the season with practice squad talent at the WR position, I thought Tua played very well considering how inept the players around him were on offense.

According to his trainer. Expect a big leap!

I'm a Tua fan. Want him very much to succeed because he's a good kid and well, I'm a Dolphins fan. But this is bullsh..t! I don't want to hear he's fully healthy now or his mechanics are better. Don't want to hear that he knows the playbook better. You know the saying, excuses are for aholes. Everybody's got one. Tua either gets this year or he doesn't. This is a well built team that is ready to make the playoffs if they have good QB play. I thought he was decent last year and he's received a lot of unfair criticism, but he needs to have a good year.

Ppf is one of the most comprehensive QB evaluation summary. It takes into account of td, yardages per attempt, td int radio, pass under pressure, win lose record, scrambling, accuracy, etc. Tua ranks bottom three out of 32.

You wanted prove, i gave you prove. Then you said 'so '....you are a typical heads i win tails you lose. I don't care what is your comparison metric, when you are 29 among 32, sub par is a kind word.

PFF is not proof of anything, it's just an opinion, like yours or mine

My point isn’t that Tua was top 10 in the league. My point is that even the greatest QBs of all time take a couple of seasons to get to that point. Tom Brady didn’t have better than a 2:1 TD:INT ratio in his first 6 seasons as a starter. He had a 6.9 or worse Y/A 4 out of his first 6 years. Including a 6.3 avg. in his second season. And he didn’t start as a rookie.

I’m not saying that Tua is going to be the Goat. I’m just saying that if the Patriots could win 3 Super Bowls while their QB is putting those types of numbers so can we. As long as he is making decisions that put the team in the best position to win the games. I believe that Tua will do that. And I still believe that he’s going to be a perennial top 10 QB once he puts it all together.

Wait, there are still football fans that take PFF seriously?

I would think so. The question I have is now fully recovered? Or can it be fully recovered?

Keep in mind that being fully recovered from a major injury and being "as good as new" aren't the same thing. Our bodies are always changing, and that is particularly true for men in their late teens and early twenties. The military takes full advantage of this in basic training. The NFL takes full advantage of this during a new players fist couple of years in the league, such as gaining or losing weight based on the position being played and training with new or modified positions (stances) and ball handling techniques and even methods for running routes

After a major hip surgery you may function as well as before; but there are changes in how muscles and the brain are used for balance. Everything follows from that; speed, endurance, everything motion based begins with balance. I suspect it's the "recalibration" of how the brain and muscles interact for balance that seems to be minor but in actuality, takes up the most time in achieving a full recovery.

Lets say it takes 3 to 6 months for muscle and bone to fully heal. At this point the body adjusts for changes in the relationships between the legs and hips, due to a slight change in the geometry of the pelvis. Then it may take another 3 to 6 months for a persons balance to stabilize using different muscle sets and changes in the brain to coordinate those changes. After that the balance is now optimized and it may take another three to six months to be able to take full advantage of the newly established level of balance. That could easily explain why it could take a year or more to re-establish a players athletic capability and then hone it for NFL level playing.

I am looking forward to seeing how far Tua has both recovered & changed physically and how much he has been able to take advantage of his playing experiences (good and bad) from last year. I anticipate smarter and better physical performance on his part.

Couple that with a more effective offensive line along with more , and in some cases better talent, and there is no reason the Dolphins will not be competing for the division title and a potential Superbowl berth. I think this year we will be pivoting from a team near the last stages of re-building to a team that will be a perennial contender.

Next year we will make even more improvements.

Think how good will we be then! - LOL

PFF is absolute garbage. Keep hanging onto them though.
Too funny. Kill the messenger.
If Tua improve, and he break top 15 in ppf, people will be the first one pointing at ppf as evident.

Keep in mind that being fully recovered from a major injury and being "as good as new" aren't the same thing. Our bodies are always changing, and that is particularly true for men in their late teens and early twenties. The military takes full advantage of this in basic training. The NFL takes full advantage of this during a new players fist couple of years in the league, such as gaining or losing weight based on the position being played and training with new or modified positions (stances) and ball handling techniques and even methods for running routes

After a major hip surgery you may function as well as before; but there are changes in how muscles and the brain are used for balance. Everything follows from that; speed, endurance, everything motion based begins with balance. I suspect it's the "recalibration" of how the brain and muscles interact for balance that seems to be minor but in actuality, takes up the most time in achieving a full recovery.

Lets say it takes 3 to 6 months for muscle and bone to fully heal. At this point the body adjusts for changes in the relationships between the legs and hips, due to a slight change in the geometry of the pelvis. Then it may take another 3 to 6 months for a persons balance to stabilize using different muscle sets and changes in the brain to coordinate those changes. After that the balance is now optimized and it may take another three to six months to be able to take full advantage of the newly established level of balance. That could easily explain why it could take a year or more to re-establish a players athletic capability and then hone it for NFL level playing.

I am looking forward to seeing how far Tua has both recovered & changed physically and how much he has been able to take advantage of his playing experiences (good and bad) from last year. I anticipate smarter and better physical performance on his part.

Couple that with a more effective offensive line along with more , and in some cases better talent, and there is no reason the Dolphins will not be competing for the division title and a potential Superbowl berth. I think this year we will be pivoting from a team near the last stages of re-building to a team that will be a perennial contender.

Next year we will make even more improvements.

Think how good will we be then! - LOL
Absolutely, I had a repaired ACL. Now I am fully recovered, however its still not as good as new.

I'm a Tua fan. Want him very much to succeed because he's a good kid and well, I'm a Dolphins fan. But this is bullsh..t! I don't want to hear he's fully healthy now or his mechanics are better. Don't want to hear that he knows the playbook better. You know the saying, excuses are for aholes. Everybody's got one. Tua either gets this year or he doesn't. This is a well built team that is ready to make the playoffs if they have good QB play. I thought he was decent last year and he's received a lot of unfair criticism, but he needs to have a good year.
Precisely. Proof is in the pudding. Either win or go home. Stop telling me how much sizzle is on the steak. Stop trying to convince of what I am or am not seeing.

Moreover, people still glaze over the games that Fitz came in and finished. How does that stat weigh against all others?

And this whole "60%" BS.... is that a bigger condemnation of our coach pushing Tua into game action when he wasn't ready? Or Tua allowing himself to be thrown to the wolves when his body wasn't ready? If you let this sit longer, it starts to reek of Shanahan / RGIII Part 2.

At some point, this is either more fodder for the apologists or an underappreciated truth that any responsible leader would not have allowed. Any half fan knows the NFL is not a game you play at limited capacity for extended games without risking career-threatening injuries. Playing hurt for a game or two is one thing... (almost) an entire season, especially with the severity of his previous injury, is idiotic. So, again, is it more excuses or idiocy that led to these decisions?

Putting a rookie on the field while recovering from injury and no mastery of the playbook is the equivalent of putting a tackling dummy behind center hoping it won't get hit.

So is Flo this ignorant or are we just fishing for reasons to excuse poor play?

Most fans were ok with Tua sitting all last year. Why risk it? Why not take the built-in mulligan and give him a chance to master the playbook and strengthen his body?

And then get rid of Fitz in the offseason and Gailey retire? What was the purpose of Gailey and Fitz? You bring in an OC tailored for the QB you are not investing in long term? Seems very near-sighted.

So, our return for last year is "Tua played and didn't get hurt"? Seems like a huge gamble to place on your supposed future Franchise QB.

Seems there is more that occurred than we will every truly know about our master plan.

Back
Top Bottom