****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tua or no Tua I think whoever is drafted SHOULD sit Year One.

Take the Rodgers and Mahomes approach. Let the kid marinate for a bit and hit the ground running in Year 2.

Flores has a contract that is conducive to that kind of plan.

This kid is just unreal with his eye discipline and ball placement...it is insane.

I suggest looking at the whole thread...it is wonderful QB play.

thanks for the read. Seeing some of these breakdowns it is clear why Chris grier made sure he had more than enough picks to acquire this guy. The hip may work in our favor which is unfortunate and we may not lose picks. If you have to you trade some because there is no reason to act like you will draft 13 players who will make the roster.

I will keep saying it. Move to 2

If Redskins want Chase Young, they won’t move to 5.

If anything, the Dolphins should work to maneuver to 3, and then be ready to move up to 2 if need be. (If they really want Tua). That would guarantee no one could outbid Dolphins because Skins would still be in position for Young AND get more picks out of it.

EDIT: didn’t see the image you are replying to. Highly doubtful Lions will draft him. Their HC and GM don’t have the time to afford it. They’d be drafting him for their replacement. If anything, they need to trade down for more picks and stockpile talent on their team which should work to the Dolphins benefit.

If anything, the Dolphins should work to maneuver to 3, and then be ready to move up to 2 if need be. (If they really want Tua). That would guarantee no one could outbid Dolphins because Skins would still be in position for Young AND get more picks out of it.

Makes sense but the skins have last years first rounder Montez sweat and Ryan Kerrigan already on the edge. And I know they want to get sweat snaps.

what they don’t have is a left tackle if Trent Williams exits which seems likely imo

Last edited:

My whole thought process was based upon us needing to move to 2 because that way we get one of Tua or Burrow and no one can jump us to stop that happening. I had forgotten that Young and the Skins with Rivera is a marriage made in heaven and they are unlikely to want to move from 2 because they will not get Young if they do. 3 is the key spot, you are totally right, and I think we we offer Detriot something interesting but not too expensive to move there before draft season really kicks into gear, perhaps a 2nd and the comp 4th we are getting. Personally I would see if we can package Rosen into this to make it even sweeter.

Makes sense but the skins have last years first rounder Montez sweat and Ryan Kerrigan already on the edge. And I know they want to get sweat snaps.

what they don’t have is a left tackle if Trent Williams exits which seems likely imo
The skins are going to be unpredictable due to the fact that they have no GM. Without any power structure in place Ron Rivera is now the authority. If there is a team we could hustle it would be them as there are no indicators he knows how to handle all of that. As we see there is too much responsibility for GM/Coach to not have separate people in both jobs. Maybe we can hustle them like we did BOB in Houston.

Kerrigan had 5.5 sacks last year, his worst in his career, he will be a FA in 2021 at the age of 33, with a cap hit of $11mill, next year. This could be a perfect storm for them to transition from one stud to another at DE.

The skins are going to be unpredictable due to the fact that they have no GM. Without any power structure in place Ron Rivera is now the authority. If there is a team we could hustle it would be them as there are no indicators he knows how to handle all of that. As we see there is too much responsibility for GM/Coach to not have separate people in both jobs. Maybe we can hustle them like we did BOB in Houston.

So Rivera was given personnel control too? Yeah that’s a prime candidate for a hustle I’d say.

Kerrigan had 5.5 sacks last year, his worst in his career, he will be a FA in 2021 at the age of 33, with a cap hit of $11mill, next year. This could be a perfect storm for them to transition from one stud to another at DE.

That’s an excellent point. I didn’t know he was 33. I knew he was pricy but yeah that does seem like a candidate to move on from.

we will just have to see if that’s what they do come start of the new league year.

I’d move to 1 if i could but I don’t think it’s possible and I know that price is gonna be scary to get there.

so I move to 2 and no one else can trump me. Keeping in mind that you only do this for a qb. Period

And I personally would have no problem in what we have to give up to get there, but a lot of folks on here are nervous of that, with good reason to be fair. Getting to 3, will be way more palatable, if I did that, I would also put a call into to the skins to say "Hey if someone tries to trade with you, give us a call, we can beat any offer you get". I totally expect if no trades have been done prior to draft night, that every single team outside Cincy that pick ahead of us will use every second of that clock, maybe the smart thing to do if you are trying to get ahead of us is to call whomever is selling at the latest possible time.

That’s an excellent point. I didn’t know he was 33. I knew he was pricy but yeah that does seem like a candidate to move on from.

we will just have to see if that’s what they do come start of the new league year.

He's 31 now, will be 33 when his contract ends to whomever signs him as a FA. He's actually a candidate to get cut, as there is dead cap hit on him and they will save that #11mill next year, it would be pretty ruthless of a franchise though to get rid of someone who has 90 career sacks in 9 years with the team.

Last edited:
I think it’s safe to say that Lions will either draft Tua or trade down though if there is enough interest in Tua. There is no one available at #3 that they can’t afford to pass up in favor of a bounty of draft picks they can use to flesh out their roster and buy themselves some time in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom