****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 169 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one ugly attempt at a smear on Tua.... and its not going well at all

This thread will blow up day one of the combine, Tua's interview and medical reports will be everywhere and will likely have a huge range of results or interpretations. Cant remember if he is throwing, if he is shut this **** down man.

This thread will blow up day one of the combine, Tua's interview and medical reports will be everywhere and will likely have a huge range of results or interpretations. Cant remember if he is throwing, if he is shut this **** down man.

I think he will throw at his pro day...this will most likely be measurements and interviews. As much as HErbert will kill the shorts stuff, Tua is going to slaughter those interviews.

On a side note:

The other part of Tua declaring (and his speech) that caught my attention is where he says "Doctors cannot predict the future".

What if the doctor told him "You may never be the same player again"? In that case why would he return to college? What if they decided the gamble was too big and they decided to declare to get that guaranteed money? Going back to college would just further expose that the hip is bad and ruin ANY chances he has at millions of dollars.

This was from Jan 7 talking about whether he would declare or not.

Sounds like there was more truth to my theory than we knew at the time. For all the glowing reviews of his health and talk from him about being ahead of schedule, it sounds like he knows (knew) he is not going to play this year. He even stated that he wanted to "get paid" in case he got hurt again. Probably as much to do with wanted to get paid to rehab AND as an insurance policy in case he doesn't get back to 100%.

We could still go through the year with Fitz and Rosen with him on IR but man, that doctor's check is going to be huge. Teams have to be leery about trading up at this point. I know I am more leery now than before, when I was leaning towards a trade-up.

That also means you also only get 4 years from him instead of 5. I could easily see Miami sitting at 5 and waiting to see what happens.

I think he will throw at his pro day...this will most likely be measurements and interviews. As much as HErbert will kill the shorts stuff, Tua is going to slaughter those interviews.

I think Herbert is going to do pretty great in those interviews as well. This is a book smart, clean cut guy, who will have been groomed by his agent for this purpose, he's going to ace the tests for sure.

Justin Herbert is similar to Drew Lock. They're in every draft. All the usual suspects will try to hype up his arm but make no mention of the kid's CPU processor that he got at a garage sale.

but that’s not physical tools though. At least it’s not my definition of physical tools

but that’s not physical tools though. At least it’s not my definition of physical tools

Well, you keep saying physical tools but you won't be specific. Is he going to run faster than Drew Lock? Jump Higher? Be more agile? I mean be specific.

Hoops, there isn't a throw that Justin Herbert can make that Drew Lock, or Cam Newton, or Colin Kaepernick, or Matthew Stafford, or Jay Cutler, or Jameis Winston, or Vince Young, or literally dozens and dozens of other quarterbacks can't make or haven't made. Whatever "excess" you feel he may have there is irrelevant.

There are throws that Tua can make that Justin Herbert can't make. There are quarterbacks like Tua that can make the results of a lot of throws be better than the results of Herbert on the same throw due to ball placement, timing, anticipation, and accuracy.

It's not about what throws a QB can make that another QB can't make. It's about the quality of results in terms of the throws required. Herbert misses wide open receivers downfield way too much.

….
There are throws that Tua can make that Justin Herbert can't make. There are quarterbacks like Tua that can make the results of a lot of throws be better than the results of Herbert on the same throw due to ball placement, timing, anticipation, and accuracy.
….

Well said

Well, you keep saying physical tools but you won't be specific. Is he going to run faster than Drew Lock? Jump Higher? Be more agile? I mean be specific.

Hoops, there isn't a throw that Justin Herbert can make that Drew Lock, or Cam Newton, or Colin Kaepernick, or Matthew Stafford, or Jay Cutler, or Jameis Winston, or Vince Young, or literally dozens and dozens of other quarterbacks can't make or haven't made. Whatever "excess" you feel he may have there is irrelevant.

It's not about what throws a QB can make that another QB can't make. It's about the quality of results in terms of the throws required. Herbert misses wide open receivers downfield way too much.

I will just give you an example. And it’s gonna come from the Miami game vs the bills in Miami and the cover 2 defense we were in. And it’s also gonna come from josh allen someone I at least think has a very similar arm to Herbert.

that ball outside the numbers between the flatten but drop corner who played it damn well given he had no front side flats cover player threat etc and Allen threw an absolute rocket ship ball over the dropping corners ear and in front of the help assignment safety being Bobby mccain has zero business actually scoring if not for the throw utterly defeating the coverage.

that ball had so mucb on it the coverage was literally defeated regardless of how well the corner and safety had played it. Mccain was not gonna get over there in time. Of course it ended in walk in cause mccain took a bad angle and the wr cut inside of him after the catch but throw was ungodly.

and I don’t buy for even a second tbere a bunch of guys in the league who can make that throw with that kinda paste on it and defeat that level coverage. Just basically witb the sheer velocity. Can other guys make the actual throw vs that cover 2 coverage sure but can they throw that laser beam out there at that kinda clip nah not many.

I mean that throw was just an absolute coverage beater.

I think Herbert has those same type of abilities in terms of the ability to defeat coverage with his arm strength/velocity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom