****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 189 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tua's med evaluation at the combine only reinforces the notion he's healing correctly. But that still doesn't mean he'll return to 100% the player he once was. With that being said, he's still the best QB prospect in the 2020 draft. And if Tua does perform up to expectations at his pro day, I'm not discounting the Possibility he gets drafted ahead of Burrow. Cincinnati is in a win/win situation with either player. The Bengals, have weapons on offense, but have been poorly coached. Either QB walks into good situation with Cincinnati Offensively. It's a tougher choice between the two players, than most realize.

Probably will occur one day after the draft. I can see the writing on the wall, we draft him, Cartlidge build up, we don’t draft a full clean bill of health

Around March 26. Well before the draft and then he'll likely have another right before the draft.

Weighing in on this, I really like the guy if he continues to check out (and probably will) and I'm willing to part with significant draft capital to get him - to an extent. Two 1sts and a 2nd to go up three or four spots is already a bonanza for either Detroit or Washington, two teams with roster holes big enough to drive a semi through.

Once you get beyond that, honestly, I'd rather trade down with a team coveting Herbert and instead draft Jordan Love. I'm to the point now that I want Tua within reason or just roll the dice on Love with the upside.

Medical is the most important factor here, imo. Burrow has shown you he can take hits and keeps going.
Tua gets hurt by grass..

Further, you have to consider where the Bengals currently are protection wise.
Any Qb that comes in is likely going to get exposed to serious pressure and will take hits.

Who do you feel more comfortable suriving a season of that? Tua or Burrow?
Right. Plus, Tua has had other injuries. It's not just the hip. I still say if Tua is your guy go up and get him, but I'd want a better than average backup quarterback and I wouldn't be expecting a long career from Tua.

Tua's explosive passing power is based in part on his hips.

He doesn't throw with the same motion as most QBz.

He might not be the same passer now.

I would not draft Burrow in the top 15.

They have loads of ammo. I would draft the top rated DE & play the board for the BAP.

I’ve been an advocate of moving to #2 all along. We don’t know what Washington or Detroit will do. #2 erases all doubt.

I have no idea why the Redskins, Lions, and the Giants wouldn’t have an interest in drafting Tua if he is medically cleared. He is obviously better than the QB’s they now have and if the goal of every NFL team is to have one of the best QB’s in the NFL you draft Tua and trade Stafford, Haskins, or Jones.

GREAT article. They interviewed the man in Naples who works for Arthrex that invented the Tightrope procedure he had on both ankle.

"
“I understand where it comes from,” Waldrop told the Miami Herald Friday. “But he’s had some pretty significant injuries that don’t have anything more to do with him than the particular nature of the plays that occurred. While I certainly get everyone’s worries from the medical side, I have zero concerns because of his willingness to work. He’s passed every test with bells and whistles.”

Waldrop, who spoke recently with Tagovailoa, added: “He’s doing great. I have no reason to think that he’s not going to have anything but an exceptional recovery [from his hip injury]. I think Tua is an exceptional person first, an exceptionally hard worker second. Football ability is only a part of what makes him a transcendent athlete and I’m pretty excited to see how that translates to the NFL. He can throw a football through a thimble. He’s more than just an incredible quarterback. He’s a great person. He’s never let any of his injuries set him back. I don’t have any reason to think that he will have any setbacks going forward.”

I have no idea why the Redskins, Lions, and the Giants wouldn’t have an interest in drafting Tua if he is medically cleared. He is obviously better than the QB’s they now have and if the goal of every NFL team is to have one of the best QB’s in the NFL you draft Tua and trade Stafford, Haskins, or Jones.

Textbook example against the myth 'draft a QB every year til you get an elite one.' Or, for those who prefer, 'I'll not be happy til Miami has an elite QB.' Reality check. Teams don't think like that. Get a top 10 QB or someone the team thinks CAN BE a top 10 QB, and be happy with him. Teams, thankfully, don't think like fans.

It doesn't make his concerning injury record go away. It just means he healed well
yup. all ready to get hurt again. i'd like to see us take him to and from the locker room in a golf cart, though. anything to minimize the risk.

this had been hypothesized by tua cultists for a while - the non-believers shook their heads...but alas, here we are

i still think cinci takes burrow fwiw ....heisman, records, championship, all starin them in the face with no "medical clearance" even needed

i don't think cinci has the cojones to toss that aside and take tua
It certainly would take a huge set!
1582740395893.png

I feel like the bengals are dumb enough to choose burrow solely because he's the hot name and is from Ohio. They'd do it to sell tickets for this year with no real plans for the future.

Or solely because of his absolutely dominant season?

You know, when he was awesome.

There is no evidence to support this. Brett favre has huge hands and is #1 with most career fumbles.

1Brett Favre+1661991-20104TM
2Warren Moon+1611984-20004TM
3Dave Krieg1531980-19986TM
4Kerry Collins1391995-20116TM
5John Elway+1371983-1998den
6Eli Manning1252004-2019nyg
7Drew Bledsoe1231993-20063TM
Boomer Esiason1231984-19973TM
9Tom Brady1222000-2019nwe
10Vinny Testaverde1161987-20077TM
11Dan Marino+1101983-1999mia
12Jon Kitna1091997-20114TM
Philip Rivers1092004-2019sdg
14Drew Brees

Patrick Mahomes hand size is 9.25"

Kerry Collins has 10" hands and is #1 for single season fumbles by a QB with 23 in 2001 with the Giants.
Of course you factored in all the post season games in in-climate Temperatures that Favre played in

Your research is far from complete -

How many fumbles has a lot to do with the Qb himself not his hands
Favre hung into the ball far too long on occasion he was the gunslinger remember - I hope pulling these stats was fun and not a chore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom