****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 190 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why the Redskins, Lions, and the Giants wouldn’t have an interest in drafting Tua if he is medically cleared. He is obviously better than the QB’s they now have and if the goal of every NFL team is to have one of the best QB’s in the NFL you draft Tua and trade Stafford, Haskins, or Jones.
It's a concern for sure. To get a shot at whoever the Bengals don't take, we'd need to move to #2. I think as another poster said, that his medical news is going to blow up the value of #2 and #3.

As my football buddy pointed out to me, Cam staying in NC took them off the table for hunting for a QB. Teams still to be concerned about are:
TB's Goofball GM said something about liking Winston but wanting to see what's behind door #2 and #3 though I think that's referencing free agents as they'd have to come to a decision on Winston before the draft. They can't franchise both he and Shaq.

LVR's Mayock seemed cagey about Carr. They have two first rounders. They can be a significant threat in terms of getting in our way. We can of course outbid them though if we want.

LAC needs a QB. Sure, they are touting they would be fine with Tyrod but that's more smoke than a viking funeral pyre convention. They could be a threat and are sitting right behind us. We can of course outbid them though if we want.

JAX???? Interesting. Foles got hurt and they had to bring in "Uncle Rico" Mayshew. They have two first round picks as well. They do have a lot of money tied up in Foles but who knows. We can of course outbid them though if we want.

Or solely because of his absolutely dominant season?

You know, when he was awesome.
Sure. He had a great year but to discount a passer like Tua because of that who did it for two full years AFTER coming off the bench to win the national championship would be silly. We're comparing Ferraris and Lambos here.

There is no evidence to support this. Brett favre has huge hands and is #1 with most career fumbles.

1Brett Favre+1661991-20104TM
2Warren Moon+1611984-20004TM
3Dave Krieg1531980-19986TM
4Kerry Collins1391995-20116TM
5John Elway+1371983-1998den
6Eli Manning1252004-2019nyg
7Drew Bledsoe1231993-20063TM
Boomer Esiason1231984-19973TM
9Tom Brady1222000-2019nwe
10Vinny Testaverde1161987-20077TM
11Dan Marino+1101983-1999mia
12Jon Kitna1091997-20114TM
Philip Rivers1092004-2019sdg
14Drew Brees

Patrick Mahomes hand size is 9.25"

Kerry Collins has 10" hands and is #1 for single season fumbles by a QB with 23 in 2001 with the Giants.
Jordan Palmer was on ESPN Radio with Golic and Wingo This Morning and Palmer Made It Very clear that he watched all the tape of Burrow and he never took two hands off the football - strange that Palmer brought it up - no???????????

I mean ball protection doesn’t matter right?

Hand measurement is a box a factor in selecting a QB whether you think it is overrated or not

Does every team have the resources (picks and money) to theortically drasticaly improve that weakness?
Also, your question to my question doesn't answer the question.

Sure. Everything being equal, Burrow would stay healthier it would seem. But who knows. Favre, the iron man got very injured in a car wreck in college that could have killed him, yet he was the gold standard for consistent games played.

"The next morning, readers of the Clarion-Ledger opened up their newspapers to the frightening headline FAVRE HURT IN WRECK. Staff writer Robert Wilson, who learned of the accident two hours after it happened, filed a detailed piece, explaining that Southern Miss's star quarterback suffered a hematoma (a swelling caused by a collection of blood) on his liver. "He has a lot of soreness in his abdominal wall," Dr. Jare Barkley, the treating physician, said. "We hope his body can absorb it. He is in a lot of pain and under medication, but he is alert and in full possession of his faculties. He had a concussion briefly. He was like a prize fighter being knocked out. He doesn't remember the accident."

Source: http://www.thepostgame.com/brett-favre-southern-miss-car-accident-dui

So, what I'm saying is who knows. Anyone can suddenly go on a no injury streak.

Hand size may be ridiculous to some but there is a reason they measure this stuff, it isnt some joke by the NFL. It is another data point in player analysis. And because it is a data point for a particular player you really cannot compare people 1 for 1.

Mahomes came to Burrow's defense, but not only are his hands bigger he is one of the strongest arms NFL history. People claim the wonderlic is a joke, and always go to.... well Marino got a low grade so it doesn't matter. Dan had the best feet in the league and possibly the quickest release in history along with a rocket attached to his shoulder.

So the individual measurement might not mean a lot until you pair it with all the other data points, all the examples people use for some of these tests being ridiculous have all time elite talent elsewhere that covered up the less than desirable element. In Burrow's case he doesn't have a huge arm, his release isnt some epic show and while a good athlete he isnt some quick twitch monster. So does he have other tools to overcome? Can he process fast and get it out so he doesn't take hits? Got to wait and see. Many of his greatest qualities go with his intangibles, his physical tools overall are not in the elite of this class let alone the league. Just because something wasn't an issue in college doesn't mean it cannot become one once you get to the NFL and the environments get harsher (especially than the SEC) plus the level of athlete jumps tremendously. Example, Baker was very accurate and wasn't really careless with the ball in college, in 4 years he threw 30 Ints and had something like a 4.5:1 TD/INT ratio. In 29 pro games he has 35 ints. Another, Chris Carson had I think 1 fumble in his time at OK State and has fumbled an average of 5 times a year in the NFL I think he lead the league for RBs last year actually.

And since this is a Tua thread here is his part...

So people clamor about size; you need a big body at QB, well Tua is 6'. But what does he have that's elite to overcome his size? His pre snap ability, his incredible processing speed and quick decision making, his ability to use his body to manipulate defenders, his ability to feel pressure and slide in the pocket, along with world class accuracy and ball placement at all 3 levels. So yes I would say due to this his size is a non factor.
Great Post, I would only add the release of Tua is wicked fast, fastest in this draft, fastest I’ve seen in a while..

B/R app just said Wash is meeting with Tua/Burrow. Rivera said "just due diligence", he likes Haskins but "everything is on the table"

Smokescreen to attract a potential buyer and up the price, or really considering a move like Arizona pulled?

giphy.gif

Nobody is going to make any moves until they lay eyes on Tua and see what he looks like physically performing his job functions. Right now everyone is just posturing for all the hell that's going to break loose.

Knowing this teams luck, it’ll be Burrow going 1st, Tua to the Redskins, Young to the Lions, Herbert gets drafted by the chargers after they trade up, then Miami twiddling their fingers saying “this is exactly how we wanted the draft to fall” while they pick up some jagoff mediocre player like they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom