****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 261 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
....and suddenly I'm wondering how much better of a run blocker Flowers was than a pass blocker at guard.

Yeah I did. He's a QB that runs an RPO offense.

If he doesn't RUN...is he really a QB that RUNS an RPO offense?
A pick your poision offense...Who's going to be terrified of TUA? Especially post-hip injury?
Which coach in their right mind is going to opening him up to that?

If he doesn't RUN...is he really a QB that RUNS an RPO offense?
A pick your poision offense...Who's going to be terrified of TUA? Especially post-hip injury?
Which coach in their right mind is going to opening him up to that?
He ran a good bit at Bama. Thats why I mentioned most teams interested are still going to want to see a pro day workout on video.

He ran a good bit at Bama. Thats why I mentioned most teams interested are still going to want to see a pro day workout on video.

He's not running in the NFL. Atleast, no real competent coaching staff will ask that of him.
Sure an occassionaly thing here and there. But no real threat to run like an aging Dan Marino.

RPO is primarily designed to prevent opponents from moving DB’s into the box late to stop the run - it targets a specific apex defender and puts him into a run/pass conflict. Tua executed the RPO more under Mike Locksley, but still ran it some under Sark but with more traditional WCO concepts mixed in.

Tua doesn’t run the RPO. He masters it. There’s a difference. I’ve never seen a quarterback master it like Tua.

Watching Trevor Lawrence try to run RPO is like watching a shade tree mechanic try to paint like Michaelangelo.

Whose 2021 1st miamis or the houston one we own?
As long as it's our 1st next year..I think Miami will be better than Houston even with Watson leading em.

I'm not sure which pick but seeing that Miami has shown they can't be counted on to lose games down the stretch on purpose, it might be in their best interest to trade their own pick and then at the end of the season they can play hard if they want and know it won't impact their draft selection.

Last edited:
So with the late July early August Olympics postponed t's looking more and more like the 2020 NFL season might be postponed or canceled. If there's no football in 2020, would it make sense for some of the players that were scheduled to be in the 2021 draft to just turn pro this year and enter their names in the 2020 supplimental draft?

I keep forgetting that Houston’s no longer a lock to pick in tbe 20s.

I guess a big factor would be if you think there's going to be a 2020 season. If there's no season and Miami is slotted to pick 5 again in in 2021 and the Texan pick is still at 26 you have to deal the Texan pick.

Last edited:
I guess a big factor would be if you think there's goingn to be a 2020 season. If there's no season and Miami is slotted to pick 5 again in in 2021 and the Texan pick is still at 26 you have tdeal the Texan pick.
Is that how it would work out? It would be interesting.

I am not a scout so I can't say about how his hip looks, but he seems to be moving well.
Still, ; was his injury a freak hit or is it an indicator of his durability?
Either way, here is a video I have not seen posted on here.

His durability is certainly questionable at this point. If he was playing a position outside of QB it would lower his draft stock considerably. That being said, the NFL does everything it can to protect QBs. If he plays “smart” and does not take hits like Josh Allen (as an example) his college injuries could have no impact on his NFL career. The concern is that wear and tear will shorten his career...I wouldn’t expect anything like RGlll, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom