****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 283 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's over hyped. His backup put up the same numbers tua did while he was hurt. Plus, he had a stacked team, and Alabama rolls over everybody every year cause they play nobody
[/QUOTE]

I guess none off the NFL teams should waste their time with Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, and Justin Fields either then. :bobdole:

I haven’t seen a single comment that Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs are overrated because they had Tua throwing to them.

I tend to think almost 90% of the Bama players are overrated due to the system. In fact the SEC in general tends to be that way. I'm not saying the kids aren't good starters but generally if you listen to the talking TV heads SEC players are "elite" "generational talents" "can't miss" players who usually fall short of their expectations.

If you really look objectively the amount of pro bowl talent in the SEC is no different than other big conferences when adjusted per number of players in the league from each conference.

Tua is “Ready to compete without restrictions”.

ProFootballTalk: Tua Tagovailoa ready to compete without any restrictions
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...oa-ready-to-compete-without-any-restrictions/

As I read that there is Chris Simms bringing up all kinds of red flags. Every time get comfortable thinking he is the pick these nagging videos come up. Ugh, he is talking about not gambling on him at 5 and we are talking #5 and MORE picks to move up.

Last edited:
I LOVE all the negativity regarding Tua...

Hell... if we do draft him, it'd be better if there were red flags everywhere... it'll drive down the cost.

As I read that there is Chris Simms bringing up all kinds of red flags. Every time get comfortable thinking he is the pick these nagging videos come up. Ugh, he is talking about not gambling on him at 5 and we are talking #5 and MORE picks to move up.
I take all the info these talking heads with a grain of salt. Watch tape of his play and make your own informed decisions on the kid.

Everyone who is against him as a player keeps mentioning the same thing.....Bama has a ton of elite talent he is lifted up by them.....Uhhhhhhhhh do you watch or know the SEC at all. Bama was always a power run then play action team under Saban. No matter the QB. Tua comes along and they go "HOLY ****...this kid is good we need to make sure we highlight him so we can be an elite offense"

He CHANGED the philosophy of Nick effin Saban can you wrap your head around that? You have any idea of the talent you need to to posses in order to get that dude to say oh yeah I am going to build around you, you are the engine for this machine....rather than him saying you are a cog in my machine do what I say.

Last edited:
Everyone who is against him as a player keeps mentioning the same thing.....Bama has a ton of elite talent he is lifted up by them.....Uhhhhhhhhh do you watch or know the SEC at all. Bama was always a power run then play action team under Saban. No matter the QB. Tua comes along and they go "HOLY ****...this kid is good we need to make sure he highlight him so we can be an elite offense"

He CHANGED the philosophy of Nick effin Saban can you wrap your head around that. You have any idea of the talent you need to to posses in order to get that dude to say oh yeah I am going to build around you you are the engine for this machine....rather than him saying you are a cog in my machine do what I say.

Great post. I often wondered how a big time program never developed great QB’s or couldn’t get them. Then you see what it looks like when a stud takes the reigns.
As a Louisville fan I watched as Tua dissected us and as soon as Hurts came in I felt like we could compete again. To me it’s never been about the skills. I just feel he has taken a beating and he takes needless hits at times.

I take all the info these talking heads with a grain of salt. Watch tape of his play and make your own informed decisions on the kid.

He is a stud. His mechanics are beautiful. I don’t think that is ever in question. You are throwing a 6’0 guy that climbs in the pocket, tendency to hold onto the ball too long into the gauntlet that is the NFL. More games, players are faster and stronger. As great as he is if he misses half his games what is the benefit?

Ehh the hold onto the ball too long stuff is overblown. Tends to happen when flushed but more than anything it’s when he doesn’t have his usual juice in his legs as a result of being dinged up so backside pursuit catches up.

when he’s physically right it’s a non issue.

He is a stud. His mechanics are beautiful. I don’t think that is ever in question. You are throwing a 6’0 guy that climbs in the pocket, tendency to hold onto the ball too long into the gauntlet that is the NFL. More games, players are faster and stronger. As great as he is if he misses half his games what is the benefit?
I’m not worried about the ifs at this point. Because we just don’t know what will happen in the future. Those are the kinds of worry’s teams thought of when it came to Watson.

Ehh the hold onto the ball too long stuff is overblown. Tends to happen when flushed but more than anything it’s when he doesn’t have his usual juice in his legs as a result of being dinged up so backside pursuit catches up.

when he’s physically right it’s a non issue.
Doesn't have the usual juice in his legs...

Two ankle surgeries later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom