****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 281 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand why its "dumb". In college football, there is more of a gap between good and great so if you have a bunch of NFL prospects on your team, then yes it makes a difference. The fact is that Burrow and Tua both played with a bunch of future NFL players. Therefore the fact that Burrow dominated the best defenses in the country and Tua was average is telling on how they may play in a league where everyone is great.
The thing is, you’ve only been talking about to the talent around Tua and using it as a negative.. where is the criticism of Joe for being on a talented team?

And for the record, i think they’re both very good QBs. I’m not even trying to bash burrow, but it’s clear you aren’t objective here so far

The thing is, you’ve only been talking about to the talent around Tua and using it as a negative.. where is the criticism of Joe for being on a talented team?

And for the record, i think they’re both very good QBs. I’m not even trying to bash burrow, but it’s clear you aren’t objective here so far
Seems to be a trend here. I'm not discrediting Burrow at all, I don't see how anyone could discredit the single best college football season for a QB ...BUT

One of the best OL in CFB, Chase, Jefferson, CEH etc... LSU's team strength was definitely on par or better than Bama's

Last edited:
The #13 is sacred for not winning anything around here huh?

Must've loved those 8-8 season with #13.

Yeah, we had 4 of them in 17 seasons (plus an 8-7 in 1987 and a 6-10 in 1988). Marino deserves very little blame for any of them. It was the equivalent of Jimi Hendrix playing in a band that only played non-paying gigs in local restaurants and bars (and no, this is not intended as a slight towards musicians in any way).

They may or may not be highly ranked but the fact that you keep using a strong supporting cast to discredit Tua is laughable. As if Burrow's ONLY good season didn't come when he had an absolutely absurd amount of talent around him.

Yea let's keep talking about Jeudy, Ruggs and Wills but continue to ignore Chase, Jefferson and the literal best OL in college football last season.

Please show me where I said Burrow didn’t have talent? You can’t because I didn’t. It is one thing to debate points but now your just arguing to argue. Just because I said Mac Jones will keep rolling means that I have seen it. LSU has pieces coming back like Chase, Marshall, etc... but I have no idea what their BU looks like because Burrow started every game. Best line in college football is speculation. What do you gauge that on? If it’s draft position then Wills is a 1st round guy, Leatherwood was projected 1st until going back. LSU has Cushenberry graded out as a 2nd rounder and their guard 3rd-4th round.

Would I rather have Burrow? Maybe but I can see positives in both, can you? I mean damn you Tuaites can only see one guy no matter how many red flags are thrown out. If Tua was thought to be a perfect prospect there is no way we could get him. He would be every bit as hard to trade up for as Burrow.

Last edited:
Im not sure Mahomes played a top 40 defense in his last season. Most certainly the Oklahoma game in 2016 where Mahomes tossed a line of: 52/88 734 yds 5TD along with 12 rushes for 85 yds and 2TD. Combined I think the teams had over 1700 yards. So many current NFL players in that game.
Yeah I just threw Mahomes name out as the first successful QB to pop into my head. But that could be done with Watson, Mahomes, then compare it to more middle of the road guys just to see how things compare.

Please show me where I said Burrow didn’t have talent? You can’t because I didn’t. It is one thing to debate points but now your just arguing to argue. Just because I said Mac Jones will keep rolling means that I have seen it. LSU has pieces coming back like Chase, Marshall, etc... but I have no idea what their BU looks like because Burrow started every game. Best line in college football is speculation. What do you gauge that on? If it’s draft position then Wills is a 1st round guy, Leatherwood was projected 1st until going back. LSU has Cushenberry graded out as a 2nd rounder and their guard 3rd-4th round.

Would I rather have Burrow? Maybe but I can see positives in both, can you? I mean damn you Tuaites can only see one guy no matter how many red flags are thrown out.
So then it's even worse that you're using the talent around Tua to discredit him while backing Burrow who has arguably a better supporting cast.

I've literally never discredited Burrow's lone great season. It was the best college football season we have ever seen, and there's really no questioning it. In your style; Show me where I took anything away from Burrow? You can't because I haven't.

So then it's even worse that you're using the talent around Tua to discredit him while backing Burrow who has arguably a better supporting cast.

I've literally never discredited Burrow's lone great season. It was the best college football season we have ever seen, and there's really no questioning it. In your style; Show me where I took anything away from Burrow? You can't because I haven't.

Uh, OK so what are we even arguing about? We both support the same team and want the best for them right? I will support whoever is selected. Period.

Only I really knock Joe on this thread - it is what it is - my other TT brothers should not be confused for my lack of objectivity (this is facetious)

The fact they are bothers me but trust me when I say they don’t All agree With my take on Burrow either

Only I really knock Joe on this thread - it is what it is - my other TT brothers should not be confused for my lack of objectivity (this is facetious)

The fact they are bothers me but trust me when I say they don’t All agree With my take on Burrow either

Kev, in the end I feel pretty good about getting Tua so we will all be united again in less than 30 days. I will be honest I hate this argumentative ****. I have enough stress in my life. We just need to get behind who ever we get and go forward. I like the coach and feel like for the 1st time in a long time we have a clear vision from the FO.

This draft is something that can take our minds off the craziness around us.

I think they are both good QB's as well. Im just saying those that are touting Tua as the best to come out in a decade need to understand how he played against good competition. Id say both Fields and Lawrence have excellent offenses as well with loads of NFL talent on offense. How do they play against the best defenses? Burrow shredded those this past season while Tua's best games have mainly been against week to average defenses.

When it comes to NFL, they are basically playing all good defenses...well, at least better than college teams. The DBs are faster and cover better, front seven pressure the QB and collapse the pocket with their speed and strength. Tua isnt mobile so he needs a good pocket. Id argue Burrow is better at shaking the rush.

If Tua hadnt gotten hurt Id take him over Burrow, but if youre asking me if I were the GM picking at 5 knowing Tuas injury Im taking Burrow over Tua all day. Rumor has it you cant get independent medical records so youre basing a decision on medicals from his camp? Just not worth the risk,but im not going to cry if they pick him. For the record, I think they will no matter the cost and that is making me nervous.

I think they are both good QB's as well. Im just saying those that are touting Tua as the best to come out in a decade need to understand how he played against good competition. Id say both Fields and Lawrence have excellent offenses as well with loads of NFL talent on offense. How do they play against the best defenses? Burrow shredded those this past season while Tua's best games have mainly been against week to average defenses.

When it comes to NFL, they are basically playing all good defenses...well, at least better than college teams. The DBs are faster and cover better, front seven pressure the QB and collapse the pocket with their speed and strength. Tua isnt mobile so he needs a good pocket. Id argue Burrow is better at shaking the rush.

If Tua hadnt gotten hurt Id take him over Burrow, but if youre asking me if I were the GM picking at 5 knowing Tuas injury Im taking Burrow over Tua all day. Rumor has it you cant get independent medical records so youre basing a decision on medicals from his camp? Just not worth the risk,but im not going to cry if they pick him. For the record, I think they will no matter the cost and that is making me nervous.
Thanks for he viewpoint and explaining it well! Glad we agree. Both good QBs. Both talented teams. Injury risk for Tua? Absolutely

One thing ESPN does a good job of, is recognizing superstars. Hell, they base their entire foundation on it.

And they are currently having nonstop coverage of Tua. He's going to be the next great NFL QB...If you can't see it, I'm sorry, but your football talent evaluating skills are sorely lacking.

Last edited:
No indication he thinks that, he's never siad it, just some guy mentioining on a forum.

He hasn't and there has never been any proof that he will.

Jesus Christ.

I wasn't responding to Tua directly as is anyone in this thread but if Tua happens to read my response I just feel I should be crystal clear in my affection for Dan :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom