****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 296 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's to try, bro? It's as simple as many don't want to pay for a car that's been in a HUGE accident said car being the vehicle of dreams and all. It doesn't get more complex than that.

Sounds like a fairly reasonable take to me. Now, where in that post or in my post history is the part where my sig and avatar have not had rational debate regarding Tua?

Sounds like a fairly reasonable take to me. Now, where in that post or in my post history is the part where my sig and avatar have not had rational debate regarding Tua?

Then I'm sorry. But, come on. If yah reppin Tide that hard, how is one to believe that inside the view is not myopic? It's a reasonable take.

What's to try, bro? It's as simple as many don't want to pay for a car that's been in a HUGE accident said car being the vehicle of dreams and all. It doesn't get more complex than that.
I made this same reference earlier using s Ferrari. Would you buy a Ferrari knowing its been in an accident, only seeing it through a 5 second video, taking the info from the dealer, having never started it much less driven it?

Tua is fine at 5, please dont trade up to get him. The price to do that is so high this year due to the demand. I wish the Dolphins were that lucky when they had #1 (Jake Long) and #2 (Ronnie Brown). Those drafts had nothing worth trading up for. Would be sweet to land a haul to move back 2-3 picks and still get your guy.

The dolphins haven’t swung on a generational qb since Marino...

They need to everything they can to draft Tua.

I would take Tua at 1 over burrow even with his injury history. Burrow won’t have Brady to scheme open a player every single snap in the nfl

Then I'm sorry. But, come on. If yah reppin Tide that hard, how is one to believe that inside the view is not myopic? It's a reasonable take.

Things may not always be what they seem to be, or first appear to be.

How much have you watched Tua play? I mean really watched him play the position of quarterback. Secondly, how much of the other quarterbacks in the draft have you watched play?

Would it be fair to say that a lot of people place their own arbitrary value on Tua as a prospect based off of injury, without much more of an informed and researched point of view? Would you fall into that category?

Like I said, if it's really injury or durability that scares a lot of folks as much as they let on, there's plenty of quarterbacks and players at other positions that are likely to remain fairly healthy. I don't think Miami has a problem finding quarterbacks that can stay reasonably healthy.

Hell Tannehill was a healthy QB drafted at 12, how'd that turn out the past 7 years? And don't give me the O-line excuse either.

For the guy who brought up the car with a lot of damage. I owned a car for 13 years on a salvage title never gave me one issue after the day I bought it, not saying that in this case there won’t be issues but as always good things to come out of tough stories

For the guy who brought up the car with a lot of damage. I owned a car for 13 years on a salvage title never gave me one issue after the day I bought it, not saying that in this case there won’t be issues but as always good things to come out of tough stories

It all comes down to risk assessment and knowing how much risk you are willing to take, given all data available? I sense that Grier is not Ireland. He's going to be happier going with the duller, yet nearly as promising, alternative. All, while retaining his picks for other potential talent across a broader spectrum for the long term health of his TEAM. This represents big boy GM decision making IMO. Sure, some might get lucky and win against big odds? But, the vast majority fail. Grier knows this.

I valet cars for extra cash, i drive a lot of makes and models and this car analogy is leaky

I made this same reference earlier using s Ferrari. Would you buy a Ferrari knowing its been in an accident, only seeing it through a 5 second video, taking the info from the dealer, having never started it much less driven it?

Tua is fine at 5, please dont trade up to get him. The price to do that is so high this year due to the demand. I wish the Dolphins were that lucky when they had #1 (Jake Long) and #2 (Ronnie Brown). Those drafts had nothing worth trading up for. Would be sweet to land a haul to move back 2-3 picks and still get your guy.

Would you rather have that Ferrari you’re talking about, or a brand new Volkswagen Jetta for close to the same price?

It all comes down to risk assessment and knowing how much risk you are willing to take, given all data available? I sense that Grier is not Ireland. He's going to be happier going with the duller, yet nearly as promising, alternative. All, while retaining his picks for other potential talent across a broader spectrum for the long term health of his TEAM. This represents big boy GM decision making IMO. Sure, some might get lucky and win against big odds? But, the vast majority fail. Grier knows this.

We haven't won a SB in 47 years and haven't won a playoff game since 2000....I really hope they are willing to take some big risk.

Who exactly is the near promising alternative? Play it safe and you are wrong, you are just as likely to get fired as if you are aggressive and are wrong. Hoping that any of the lesser QB prospects develop into something more is playing against the odds just as much as gambling on Tua's health.

Who exactly is the near promising alternative? Play it safe and you are wrong, you are just as likely to get fired as if you are aggressive and are wrong. Hoping that any of the lesser QB prospects develop into something more is playing against the odds just as much as gambling on Tua's health.
The safer alternative is to keep swinging with that saved ammo until you find your guy. We should take whatever QB is available at 5, assuming we have the conviction he's worth it at that spot. If not, try to trade down or BPA and take a QB to work on later in the draft. My, wouldn't we feel brilliant if we got our franchise QB for a song, as we did Marino?

Keeping our picks also allows us to swing effectively again next year, if we must. REACHING is the only big sin here, IMO. and that is what trading up would be. None of the QBs this year are worth 2 firsts. Not, when all things are considered. Again, just my opinion going into this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom