****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 297 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safer alternative is to keep swinging with that saved ammo until you find your guy. We should take whatever QB is available at 5, assuming we have the conviction he's worth it at that spot. If not, try to trade down or BPA and take a QB to work on later in the draft. My, wouldn't we feel brilliant if we got our franchise QB for a song, as we did Marino?

Keeping our picks also allows us to swing effectively again next year, if we must. REACHING is the only big sin here, IMO. and that is what trading up would be. None of the QBs this year are worth 2 firsts. Not, when all things are considered. Again, just my opinion going into this thing.
It's not the GM's job to look brilliant, it's to acquire talent especially at the most important position, QB. I believe that there is a big separation between the top two QBs and the rest of the lot, so two first round picks is a pittance to pay for a potential franchise QB. When it comes to QB, you don't sit back and wait for things to fall in your lap. Teams aren't doing that anymore. I've pointed out in many other posts, 10 out the last 14 first round QBs drafted , the team moved up to take them and two of the other four QBs selected were the first pick in the draft so there was no reason to move up.

It's not the GM's job to look brilliant, it's to acquire talent especially at the most important position, QB. I believe that there is a big separation between the top two QBs and the rest of the lot, so two first round picks is a pittance to pay for a potential franchise QB. When it comes to QB, you don't sit back and wait for things to fall in your lap. Teams aren't doing that anymore. I've pointed out in many other posts, 10 out the last 14 first round QBs drafted , the team moved up to take them and two of the other four QBs selected were the first pick in the draft so there was no reason to move up.

I have no problem with that IF Grier and/or Flores later inform us they had real conviction about a player we traded up for. That is not reaching. However, trade up or take a QB higher than his actual evaluated worth just to HOPEFULLY be taking a franchise QB? That's reaching and irresponsible. That's certainly NOT Grier's job. And is a big part of why we find ourselves rebuilding as an organization today. Can we PLEASE MAKE IT STOP?

Would you rather have that Ferrari you’re talking about, or a brand new Volkswagen Jetta for close to the same price?
Not comparing the same thing and nowehere close to same price.. My point is the risk severity. If you buy the Ferrari and its a lemon, you lose $200K. If you take the same risk for the wrecked and repaired VW and its a lemon, you lost a lot less.
The Ferrari cost you pick 5, 26, 56 minimum while the VW cost you pick 18. If Ferrari costs me #5 only then im game.

I want to emphasize, Im not a Tua hater as some may suggest. Before the hip injury, I was all about the Tank for Tua brigade. That hip injury scares me and giving up more picks to get him is way more than I think the Dolphins should take given how many holes there are to fill. If that OL isnt fixed, how do you think Tua will stay healthy given his history so far? This talk of Tua at all costs is nonsense!

Not comparing the same thing and nowehere close to same price.. My point is the risk severity. If you buy the Ferrari and its a lemon, you lose $200K. If you take the same risk for the wrecked and repaired VW and its a lemon, you lost a lot less.
The Ferrari cost you pick 5, 26, 56 minimum while the VW cost you pick 18. If Ferrari costs me #5 only then im game.

I want to emphasize, Im not a Tua hater as some may suggest. Before the hip injury, I was all about the Tank for Tua brigade. That hip injury scares me and giving up more picks to get him is way more than I think the Dolphins should take given how many holes there are to fill. If that OL isnt fixed, how do you think Tua will stay healthy given his history so far? This talk of Tua at all costs is nonsense!

That's extreme conjecture, it's not going to cost that much in my view, who exactly are we bidding against ? At most we have to give up 26 or 18. It's likely we would get the lions to snatch our hand off for 39 or 56, in the end 70 alone may get it done, there is no competition !

And in a draft where you have 14 picks giving one or two up isn't going to kill you.

That's extreme conjecture, it's not going to cost that much in my view, who exactly are we bidding against ? At most we have to give up 26 or 18. It's likely we would get the lions to snatch our hand off for 39 or 56, in the end 70 alone may get it done, there is no competition !

And in a draft where you have 14 picks giving one or two up isn't going to kill you.
I hope you are right, but I don't buy that. There is no way you could convince me that San Diego wouldn't be willing to offer more than you suggest. It's not like they have a great many of needs on their roster other than a young talented QB. I'm sure they would be willing to offer future picks especially knowing that they are a talented roster and probably will not have really high picks next season.

I’ve been to a lot of estate auctions, and the first bidder usually never wins. I think we should wait to see who were bidding against before we raise our hand.

I hope you are right, but I don't buy that. There is no way you could convince me that San Diego wouldn't be willing to offer more than you suggest. It's not like they have a great many of needs on their roster other than a young talented QB. I'm sure they would be willing to offer future picks especially knowing that they are a talented roster and probably will not have really high picks next season.

San Diego don't have a team anymore ! But LAC don't have anything to offer and have as many needs on the Oline as we do, they have 7 picks in the draft, 1 in each round. if they wanted to jump us they would have to offer up 6,37 and next year's first. If they did that, where would they get the Oline help from ? They probably need 2 starters on that line, they are going to have to be super lucky to find that with picks in rounds 3 - 7. But say they did, how do we beat that ? Detroit need help now, not next year the GM and HC would be gone by then, with that in mind trading 39 and 56 along with our 5 for their 3 still beats what the chargers are offering.

I guess we should take Chad Henne then? John Beck?

How much have you watched Tua play? I mean really watched him play the position of quarterback. Secondly, how much of the other quarterbacks in the draft have you watched play?

Here's what I saw. Dawg fan here and I watched him replace Hurts in the second half of the SEC Championship game and after one drive I said to myself, "Oh $hit!". The kid was phenomenal on the big stage. I knew we were going to have our hands full and he won it for Bama. Not the receivers, not the running backs, but Tua won it for them. He's a leader and dare I say, a generational talent. We need to do whatever it takes to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom