****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 295 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but 2 ankle surgeries, a hip surgery, a broken nose, and a concussion, a broken finger in two years has some people little concerned.
I’d pick the kid at #5 no question, just not sure I would trade up to #3 to do so.
His point is that most of those things wouldn't have even been brought up if it weren't for the hip injury. Those are universal for players who actually play football.

Herbert missed a season too and has had multiple broken bones, but do you ever hear anybody bring that up? Nope. They just talk about him as if he's a 6' 6" ironman and is the "safer" pick.

Agree, but 2 ankle surgeries, a hip surgery, a broken nose, and a concussion, a broken finger in two years has some people little concerned.
I’d pick the kid at #5 no question, just not sure I would trade up to #3 to do so.
Once again, the ankle surgeries were elective. And even with the two surgeries, he missed exactly one game.

His point is that most of those things wouldn't have even been brought up if it weren't for the hip injury. Those are universal for players who actually play football.

Herbert missed a season too and has had multiple broken bones, but do you ever hear anybody bring that up? Nope. They just talk about him as if he's a 6' 6" ironman and is the "safer" pick.
I understand what he’s saying, I think the reason some of these things are brought up is because there’s talk of trading up for him. I’m sure all of Herbert’s issues would be brought up if there was talk of trading up for him also. I don’t think anybody on the site would be opposed to taking him at #5, it’s just trading up, that has people coming in to complain.

Last edited:
All this talking in circles....

Bottom line is 90% of these quarterbacks aren't going to amount to anything anyway - and it won't be because of injuries. It'll be because they can't play well enough.

You don't get many chances at a quarterback with the skills Tua has. Somebody is going to take the chance on him and either get an elite player, or a quarterback that couldn't stay healthy. Either way, they'll be no worse off than the 90% of teams that drafted quarterbacks that can stay healthy but can't play.

If injury is truly the one factor that terrifies some as much as they let on - quarterbacks that can stay healthy for the most part are not hard to find. Miami has had a plethora of 'em and they'll acquire many more in the future.

As I said before, I'll gamble on Tua's health over the proverbial "light" going on on for these other guys any day

Anybody trying to compete with the other elite quarterbacks out there winning superbowls would.

Only 8-8 decision makers that draft to see another paycheck while afraid of their own shadow wouldn't.

goodness I cannot wait for the draft....only three weeks left until all questions are answered.

All I am really hoping for is a tackle, safety a quarterback and interior offensive lineman if we get those four things I will be happy

Nah, it ain't over until Tua is drafted by SOMEONE and THEN proven over a few years to be bust or not lol While I think he'll be at least an OK QB in the NFL, there have been bigger sure thing generational talents who busted in short order lol

Nah, it ain't over until Tua is drafted by SOMEONE and THEN proven over a few years to be bust or not lol While I think he'll be at least an OK QB in the NFL, there have been bigger sure thing generational talents who busted in short order lol

Absolutely correct. In fact, could you name a few of them and the team that drafted them please if you don't mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom