****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 339 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you see the flaws as virtues and the losses as meaningless. I don't. Like I said, there was no point in attempting to discuss this.
You clearly need to go back and watch the LSU vs Bama game from 2019

That game was pure genius from Tua - and he lost

What resources and money are they spending? It really boils down to one team, in this case the Chargers, and not showing our hand to them. They are the only real threat to jump ahead of us and draft the one QB the Phins want. Whether that is Tua or Herbert, I’m sure the Chargers are not sure because of all the conflicting reports out there.

Usually Whenever a report comes out that we are bringing in prospect X, Y or Z for a team visit. So many people on here immediately scream "smoke screen! " That's what I'm referring to as spending time, money and resources. When it's actually just due diligence.

My point is, if the chargers for example really like Tua , we can throw 7 different kinds of smoke but at the end of the day if tua is their guy, they will do whatever it takes to get him and not fall for silly dolphins rumor. No teams are that gullible. Especially with our current QB situation. That's like being surprised when someone bluffs in poker. Even then a better example of smoke screen in poker would be some yelling out:

"boy I really don't know about this hand. I sure hope it's enough to beat you. "

Or

"I really like this Royal Flush I have. "

Do real poker plays bluff like that or do they just sit there quietly?

Chris Grier personally scouted Alabama games 3 times this year.

He was never seen at a Oregon game.

I'm wondering if all this Herbert talk is lead by old Mike Tannenbaum guys still in the scouting department. I for one have no clue, but it's a question worth talking about.

For all we know Miami is taking Jalen Hurts at 18 :lol:

Man, this is really not that hard. If some random writer got word that Herbert was higher on Miami's board than Tua at this point in the game, that type of information gets "leaked" by design.

A) It wouldn't take an entire offseason in which you can't even work out the players because of covid to come up with a "final" board for QBs. That information would have been the exact same months ago. "If" it came from a scout, it was allowed to be by the front office.

B) Use your brains for 1/2 a second here and start thinking about risk vs reward for the source. Risk: An internal investigation occurs and he inevitably gets fired. Reward: A random writer gets content with no personal gain for the scout. Hello?

C) People (as well as myself) said this months ago that when the draft got closer, you'd hear lots of "sources" mention that the Dolphins want anybody but Tua at QB. The price to move up for Tua with all of the positive medical news coming out about his injury was going to be extremely high. The ONLY way that the Dolphins put themselves into a situation where they don't have to give up a ton of draft capital is to pretend like they have viable alternatives to lower the perceived demand and their desperation. This is economics 101.

Tldr; Stop believing anything you read at this point.

Last edited:
Seems like the smart thing to do. Say what you want about the NFL head offices, they are an efficient org.

"Before going through with the real thing, the NFL will hold a mock draft with all 32 teams to prepare for the "fully virtual" 2020 draft."

Man, this is really not that hard. If some random writer got word that Herbert was higher on Miami's board than Tua at this point in the game, that type of information gets "leaked" by design.

A) It wouldn't take an entire offseason in which you can't even work out the players because of covid to come up with a "final" board for QBs. That information would have been the exact same months ago. "If" it came from a scout, it was allowed to be by the front office.

B) Use your brains for 1/2 a second here and start thinking about risk vs reward for the source. Risk: An internal investigation occurs and he inevitably gets fired. Reward: A random writer gets content with no personal gain for the scout. Hello?

C) People (as well as myself) said this months ago that when the draft got closer, you'd hear lots of "sources" mention that the Dolphins want anybody but Tua at QB. The price to move up for Tua with all of the positive medial news coming out about his injury was going to be extremely high. The ONLY way that the Dolphins put themselves into a situation where they don't have to give up a ton of draft capital is to pretend like they have viable alternatives to lower the perceived demand and their desperation. This is economics 101.

Tldr; Stop believing anything you read at this point.

/topic

So now you're the one with inside access to team's draft boards? You know he is consensus top 2? Before the hip, maybe, but after? Don't believe it for a moment. If you say it's true though, I'll just have to take your word for it. It's cool to have access to someone who knows far more about the team than the people who cover it for a living.
You are the one making the claim, so do you have access to team's draft boards. Tua has always been a consensus top two QB in this draft period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom