****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 343 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will only be the beginning, unfortunately. Most people's opinions won't change, there'll be a healthy dose of "I told you so" going around, either way, no matter the pick. Woulda, coulda, shoulda...
I agree the argument won't stop after the draft. Some people that want Tua will complain if we draft Tua at 5......in their eyes we need to trade up for Tua even if we don't have to.

I agree the argument won't stop after the draft. Some people that want Tua will complain if we draft Tua at 5......in their eyes we need to trade up for Tua even if we don't have to.
I dont see anyone complaining because they got their guy without trading up...

It's going to be the continuation of the RT debate, we'll just change the name from Ryan to Tua and it will continue on. You always need a ying for the yang...

This is one of the most polarizing drafts in history and the history will not be concluded until the quarterback either ultimately fails or succeeds.
The ultimate worst thing that could happen is the Fins passing on Tua for Herbert, Tua becoming an elite QB and Herbert busting. It wouldnt be as bad if they traded up for Burrow and the same thing happens because nobody could blame them for swinging for the fences. Fins always overthingk/outsmart themselves... Sometimes, obvious things are obvious for a reason...

The ultimate worst thing that could happen is the Fins passing on Tua for Herbert, Tua becoming an elite QB and Herbert busting. It wouldnt be as bad if they traded up for Burrow and the same thing happens because nobody could blame them for swinging for the fences. Fins always overthingk/outsmart themselves... Sometimes, obvious things are obvious for a reason...

The number one trait that all successful people have as they do not fear failure they fear regret, in my opinion there’s far more to regret about not taking a chance at one of the best quarterbacks in the class and then to keep all your picks and hoard them like they’re more important than your children. I know Miami has holes but they do not have a spot for 14 draft picks they need 5 to 7 guys to come from this draft to use everything you have to get 5 to 7 guys.

He struggles in the biggest games of his career.
You are so right on this.

If only there was a game, like a National Championship game, in which Alabama was down 13-0 at halftime and Tua was put in to start the 3rd quarter in an attempt to get Alabama into the game. If only Tua led them all the way back tying the game in the 4th quarter. And then, if only Tua led them on what looked like a GWD only to have the kicker miss a chip shot and the game ends up in OT.

Even crazier would be, if Alabama was then down by 3 in OT and following a sack making it 2nd and 26 at the 41 that would rattle most 5th year seniors, if only Tua calmly read the defense pre-snap, looked off the safety and then threw an absolute perfect dart traveling 50 yards to win the National Championship. Then, only then, would it show that Tua can step up in the biggest games of his career.

If only Tua did something like the guy down below, then it would ruin any credibility you have in evaluating him. If only...

OK here’s Trevor Lawrence getting hit by a small Syracuse defensive back, and getting a concussion and neck injury there, happy? I just used Herbert is an example I don’t have video of Joe Burrow breaking his hand or the meeting where urban Meyer said he was going to be behind Cardell Jones or Dwayne Haskins. IMO you only present evidence of what you can visually show to emphasize your point rather than just make some outrageous accusation like so many others on this board.

You again failed to see the point behind my post because you have some preconceived notion, my post again was to show that people get injured in football; that people take hits that look way worse than they are and people get knocked off balance and with a collision sport things just go bad sometimes.

The fact that I chose Justin Herbert is because I knew he had a concussion and that the hit wasn’t all that big sometimes circumstances just lineup for the worst possible result.

View attachment 43357
I saw the point behind your post and don't really disagree with it. If I misunderstood or inferred too much from Herbert being the example used, my bad.

The ultimate worst thing that could happen is the Fins passing on Tua for Herbert, Tua becoming an elite QB and Herbert busting.

The ultimate worst thing that could happen is the Fins drafting Tua, Herbert becoming an elite QB and Tua getting injured again and having to listen to you guys tell us injuries are part of the game.

You are so right on this.

If only there was a game, like a National Championship game, in which Alabama was down 13-0 at halftime and Tua was put in to start the 3rd quarter in an attempt to get Alabama into the game. If only Tua led them all the way back tying the game in the 4th quarter. And then, if only Tua led them on what looked like a GWD only to have the kicker miss a chip shot and the game ends up in OT.

Even crazier would be, if Alabama was then down by 3 in OT and following a sack making it 2nd and 26 at the 41 that would rattle most 5th year seniors, if only Tua calmly read the defense pre-snap, looked off the safety and then threw an absolute perfect dart traveling 50 yards to win the National Championship. Then, only then, would it show that Tua can step up in the biggest games of his career.

If only Tua did something like the guy down below, then it would ruin any credibility you have in evaluating him. If only...

no, they mean BIG games

Do you know what a consensus means? He is being projected by every source as a best case 2nd QB, and is now starting to be projected as QB 3 with opinion building that Miami will take Herbert. Sounds like there is plenty of diversity of opinion as to what level of QB he is. I see no consensus that he is the best QB or should be QB 1 for sure.
I'll be pretty happy with any of the 3 as long as we dont trade up to get one. Personally I like Tua then Burrow then Herbert. I think Tua has a little more upstairs he looks off defenders on pre snap reads better then the other 2 and comes back to where hes going with it and throws them open even if they are not. Some people mistake this for holding on the ball to long. I see it as letting the play develope. He has also done it longer. Burrow has a bit more fire in him and better pocket awareness and a great accuracy. Herbert is not nearly as sheltered or a recluse as people think. He carried that stigmatism after one comment by his coach early in his career who a few months later said hes a totally different qb now. He also had no help to speak of and played in a different offense every year and did really well considering that. Notice how I did not mention Love. Wouldn't touch him even in the 3rd round. Wayyyyy to many red flags, consistently makes the same mistakes even back to back. Just my 2 cents.

no, they mean BIG games
has anyone ever argued the one throw he made as a freshman? problem is, that's going on 3 years ago and since then all he's done is get hurt again and again and beat teams like duke and the citadel. he was pure trash vs uga in the SEC champ and got benched, then equally shitty in the nat champ vs clemson and got blown out. the only meaningful game he played last year, he turned the ball over twice and completed 50% of his passes and lost at home to lsu.

in his last 3 BIG games vs lsu, clemson and georgia:

53-99 7td 5int with an avg QBR of 53.

generational talent for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom