Tua take... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua take...

No one is celebrating an injury to a kid. They're just saying, "I told you he was soft."

Now, the kid's fans are lashing out.

The most alarming thing about Tua, before the hip injury, were the constant injuries that never seemed to give his acolytes the slightest pause. In the last 2 years he's had 2 ankle surgeries, broke a bone in his throwing hand twice, couldn't make it to the Manning Passing Academy in the off-season because of a hamstring injury, suffered a quad injury and sprained his PCL. He's been hurt in games, in camp and in the off-season working out. Wait till NFL defenders start hitting him.

Sucks for this kid. Today cost him more than most on this board will ever make. Can't imagine dealing with that feeling in your early 20s.

With that said, it doesn't look like the QB of the future will be drafted by the Fins next year. Fine by me. Trade down a little, pick up another 2nd, load up on BPA, and enjoy Fitz or Rosen for a year. The 2021 draft could shake out "the guy", FA could find him (a la Cousins), or Rosen takes the step he needs to (kids only 22).

love all the anti Tua (tanking) people jumping in here celebrating a terrible injury while not realizing that there is one less prospect on the board and making it tougher on this front office. Burrow goes higher. Young goes higher. Now we get to draft the 3rd best QB or a OL which I'm sure everyone will love. Irony at its best.

I don’t think anybody is happy Tua got injured (again). I think the “gloating” is mostly due to the Tua guys thanking other fans for“meaningless wins” or rooting for a historic black mark on our team. it grew tiresome for a large portion of the fan base and some mild blow back should be expected, don’t ya think?

Topping on the cake would be if police would move in on the criminal compound in Davie.
animated-smileys-crazy-117.gif

I don’t think anybody is happy Tua got injured (again). I think the “gloating” is mostly due to the Tua guys thanking other fans for“meaningless wins” or rooting for a historic black mark on our team. it grew tiresome for a large portion of the fan base and some mild blow back should be expected, don’t ya think?

Freaking BINGO!

I don't know why we imagine that just because we got a few extra draft picks we'll be able to acquire a completely new team next year. We'll likely have one, maybe two new OL starters, but we're not gonna transform from a bottom feeding OL to an above average one in one offseason when we have no real building blocks out there.
What are you talking about? Our OL has been at worst average this year. If we can replace Webb with a halfway decent LT we would be above avg.

The most alarming thing about Tua, before the hip injury, were the constant injuries that never seemed to give his acolytes the slightest pause. In the last 2 years he's had 2 ankle surgeries, broke a bone in his throwing hand twice, couldn't make it to the Manning Passing Academy in the off-season because of a hamstring injury, suffered a quad injury and sprained his PCL. He's been hurt in games, in camp and in the off-season working out. Wait till NFL defenders start hitting him.

Regardless on where you stand on him as a prospect this stuff has to be a concern.
He's not getting hit and tackled by bigger, faster and stronger NFL players yet and he's taking these types of injuries.

It's hard to say there's a direct correlation, but if you look at the ankle injury he suffered and then look at this most recent injury those types of hits and tackles are routine in the NFL.

Being completely honest here can anyone say it's probably this kid makes it through an entire NFL season?

It's actually a tribute to him that he could incur this never-ending series of injuries yet still perform at such a high level!

However it's also an indictment on his durability especially at the next level as a China Doll.

At this point I'm not sure I even want a QB top 5 if Burrows isn't available. I think Young and Thomas are can't miss guys, aside from that I'd listen to offers for the pick if Burrows is gone.

Back
Top Bottom