Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year

All of which were Chan Gailey's fault. What was Gailey doing not opening up the playbook to Tua?

Relaxing Machine Gun Kelly GIF by Music Choice

What are you talking about. Omar was talking about mental, you are talking about physical. Omar was talking about the progression from getting the plays from the sideline to the point of the ball leaving his hand.

He seem plenty healthy to me in AZ game. Many always point to the AZ game for affirmation, but when people criticize him for bad games, then 'oh he was not 100% healthy'. You can't have it both ways.

I can have it however I like.

1) I was referencing Tua’s quote. Kelly has proven repeatedly he’s excellent at taking things out of context; I tend to ignore him.

2) You’re allowed your opinion, I’m allowed mine.

Why do you always find an excuse to hate on the kid? It’s like you got some personal vendetta against him.
What are you talking about. Omar was talking about mental, you are talking about physical. Omar was talking about the progression from getting the plays from the sideline to the point of the ball leaving his hand.

He seem plenty healthy to me in AZ game. Many always point to the AZ game for affirmation, but when people criticize him for bad games, then 'oh he was not 100% healthy'. You can't have it both ways.
nope. just because he was able to have that amazing game against arizona doesn't mean he was all the way back.

just shows how much the kid can accomplish just throwing with his upper body, and everything else that went along with being a year removed from such a serious injury/surgery.

Keyword is "Seem" not "Was"

Theres a difference

With our offensive line who wouldn't be uncomfortable unless your Fitz and had nothing to lose

Last year, there were a couple of meatheads on here. They kept swearing that 'the doctors cleared Tua to play, therefore he is ready to start right now. We NEED to sit Fitz!!!!"

Let's face it... these guys are as dumb as rocks. They can only see what they want to see, and reality and nuance are impossible for these chumps.

Who were they? I can't say that I remember, and I'm too lazy to dig through year old threads, but if they are reading this now... I hope they've learned something.
1622087172999.gif

Pro Football Talk was the one who misquoted him in saying the NFL transition has been easy. Just another example of not believing everything you read. Freaking journalist like that make me sick...just report what the hell he actually said. The other thing is this shows the importance of having an offseason, mini camps, and training camps where getting the foundation of what he said he was not comfortable with last year. You can tell by what he is saying that he is a hands on learner. It's like teaching a guy how to rebuild an engine via a ZOOM class and then saying okay, now go do it. It just doesn't work.

Pro Football Talk was the one who misquoted him in saying the NFL transition has been easy. Just another example of not believing everything you read. Freaking journalist like that make me sick...just report what the hell he actually said. The other thing is this shows the importance of having an offseason, mini camps, and training camps where getting the foundation of what he said he was not comfortable with last year. You can tell by what he is saying that he is a hands on learner. It's like teaching a guy how to rebuild an engine via a ZOOM class and then saying okay, now go do it. It just doesn't work.
Some guys can do it, some can't. Dan was one of those guys who was not overly bright, but just seemed to do things instinctively... he just... knew. I don't think he was even able to explain how he knew, or why he saw things so quickly. Pete Rose was like that with hitting, he never could explain how he did it.

Other QBs do better when immersed in a very complex system full of hard work, memorization, and plenty of check-offs... and neither type of QB is necessarily better than the other.

Tua is a sharp, hard-working guy who promises to be MUCH better this year. I've never doubted his drive or his dedication... although I do still have doubts about his physique and his sturdiness, but we'll see where that goes.

Some guys can do it, some can't. Dan was one of those guys who was not overly bright, but just seemed to do things instinctively... he just... knew. I don't think he was even able to explain how he knew, or why he saw things so quickly. Pete Rose was like that with hitting, he never could explain how he did it.

Other QBs do better when immersed in a very complex system full of hard work, memorization, and plenty of check-offs... and neither type of QB is necessarily better than the other.

Tua is a sharp, hard-working guy who promises to be MUCH better this year. I've never doubted his drive or his dedication... although I do still have doubts about his physique and his sturdiness, but we'll see where that goes.
Dan Marino had mini camps, training camps, etc. He also had Duper, Clayton, Nathan, Nat Moore, Kuechenberg, and Dwight Stephenson along with arguably the greatest HC in NFL history. That TEAM was a year removed from going to the Superbowl with David Woodley.

He got 2 to 3 yr proved his self. He was rookie but I expect him to be in top 20 next yr.

I still cringe when people mention the 2 benchings... I mean do they seriously think Flores would've let Herbert finish a game VS the Pats where he lost 45-0?

Thats the most absurd argument against Tua's rookie year... There's plenty to improve on but Tua getting benched was a Flores thing not a Tua thing...
I didn't get to see the Raiders game unfortunately but in the Broncos game when he was replaced by Fitz my thinking was that he was getting sacked so often that they wanted to ensure he didn't get injured.

I can have it however I like.

1) I was referencing Tua’s quote. Kelly has proven repeatedly he’s excellent at taking things out of context; I tend to ignore him.

2) You’re allowed your opinion, I’m allowed mine.
Well, the context was fairly obvious, regardless of Omar.

Yes, you can have your opinion, but if one is not willing to change opinion based on new information, it can become unfounded to the point of stubborness.

Just sayin.......

I still cringe when people mention the 2 benchings... I mean do they seriously think Flores would've let Herbert finish a game VS the Pats where he lost 45-0?

Thats the most absurd argument against Tua's rookie year... There's plenty to improve on but Tua getting benched was a Flores thing not a Tua thing...

The "is TT good enough?" storm has 2 origins. One is valid and one is bogus.

The valid one is what Tua admitted to on film. He wasn't fully up to speed and playing from a limited playbook with no preseason and a healing body. He wasn't comfortable. That's mainly on him (though he couldn't have controlled the recovery part any better).

The bogus origin of controversy is his being handed the start and his subsequent benching.

Think about it. How many FOs would hand the keys to their rookie after what, 6 games when:
1) the starting QB is a vet playing a career season and fans love him
2) the team is finally winning games, playing well
3) the starting QB knows the OC's playbook inside out.
4) the rookie is coming off a career-threatening injury
5) the rookie had no preseason due to covid and limited access even to the facility
6) the playbook is new for the whole offense
7) there are 3 rookies on the offensive line and one new vet

Who does that? Who throws their rookie into that situation? Not many coaches, for sure.

But then, THEN, the coaches take another step down QB controversy lane and bench the rookie who went 6-3 in those horrifically challenging circumstances.

THEN, the vet QB throws the Braille Mary.

For chrissake, what more could have been done by the FO to the kid, to really forge the poor guy in flames??!

For that set of circumstances alone, i can't fathom why every fan isn't pulling for this kid and giving him all the benefit of the doubt in the world for this season coming. After that, sure let all bets be off. Unless of course the FO decides to cut one of his legs off to see how he copes with reduced mobility.

Back
Top Bottom