Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year

Also think as the leader he took ownership of his issues, but as this article said it’s also a dig on Gailey, who’s responsibility it was to make sure Tua knew the playbook. Love the kid.

Fact check, It’s the players responsibility to know the playbook, Period.

Fact check, It’s the players responsibility to know the playbook, Period.
Since you didn’t bother taking 5 mins to listen and “fact check” what was said in the presser, no one, including Tua, has said he didn’t know the playbook. He admitted being “uncomfortable” with protections and reads. Being a know-it-all is really not a good look. Perhaps you should do more lurking and less opining

"I didn't actually know the playbook, necessarily, really, really good, and that's no one else's fault but my fault. Our playcalls were simple when I was in."

As quoted from ESPN. He couldn't grasp a dumbed down version of an outdated playbook?

That tells me that either he didn't dive into it, or he's not half as smart as people claim he is.
As quoted from ESPN sums up your post perfectly.

I genuinely don't know what you're referring to. What context?

If you're talking about the context from the confrontational gent who likes to passive-aggressively tell people how they can and cannot debate, I've grown tired of his antics and put him on ignore. You, I respect, and will happily discuss with you. The Arizona game isn't new information. Did Tua look great in that? Yes. Did he look less impressive in the following San Diego game, and then awful in the Denver game? Yes, he did.

Here's the thing about Tua's hip injury and subsequent recovery - we really don't have anywhere near the amount of data on recoveries from that sort of injury that we have on, say, ACLs. We know, for example, that some players can play the following year, but aren't quite what they were pre-injury until the following season. Did Tua push himself too hard, too fast in the Arizona game, and then his hip was recovering from the workload he put on it that day for the next few weeks?

I don't know. I'd be making **** up if I said I did. But here's the thing; neither does anyone else. Interestingly, Tua's not the only player on Miami who recently came back from a hip injury. Albert Wilson had a slight hip fracture and labrum tear in late October of 2018. This injury was nowhere near as significant as Tua's, but he wasn't nearly the same player in 2019 as he was in 2018 until the last few weeks of the season. Interestingly, once he started to produce more (in the Giants game) - he was limited in practice the following week because of...ready? Hip soreness.

My point is, I wondered late in the year if he was 100% up to speed. Again, there's a difference between 100% able to play when you're recovering from an injury and 100% recovered. So when the article listed LITERALLY references improvements he's made in his hip, and Tua LITERALLY says, "My hip feels 10 times better than it did last year. The confidence level for myself, I feel really confident coming into this second year after that injury two years ago"...I'm going to have a bit of an "Aha!" moment.

I posted the quote he made, (in which he wasn't even responding to Omar, for the benefit of those who clearly weren't paying attention), as a stand-alone post. Wasn't responding or retorting. So if someone replies with a completely nonsensical post about Omar...when Omar wasn't even involved in the quote I posted, and then tells me I can't have it both ways because of the Arizona game, he's going to get a fairly brusque retort.
You can have your opinion and so can I. If you don't agree or feel you were mis understood, lets continue the conversation, or just call it a day. Your so call brusque retort was unnecessary to say the least.

As quoted from ESPN sums up your post perfectly.
Even if I wanted to be mean, I would need more to go on than this little "punch and run" comment.

Those are Tua's exact words...need the link? I mean your sports journalism has to be at least on par with ESPN for you to try to shade them.

Even if I wanted to be mean, I would need more to go on than this little "punch and run" comment.

Those are Tua's exact words...need the link? I mean your sports journalism has to be at least on par with ESPN for you to try to shade them.
Context

Absolutely normal for a rookie QB to not grasp the playbook.......normal

That was my team as well.

Not a Sparky Anderson, but not as bad of a manager/coach as you make him out to be.

Rose took over a losing team and their record and offense significantly improved after he became player/manager.

Took a team that had been 186-259 (.418) the previous three years and finished with a 412-373 (.525) record.

Wasn’t able to get the team to the top of the division, finishing in 2nd place four straight years. Only two divisions and no wildcard teams back then.

Had a bit of gambling problem though as I recall…addictions don’t negotiate.
Back in those days, the Reds had one of the best minor league/scouting operations in baseball. Marge Schott killed that, and Free Agency finished off the Reds... I no longer watch beisboll.

Anyone that wants to criticize Tua for being honest less than a year removed from a potentially career ending hip injury, Covid shortened camp, no preseason, looking behind his back at Fitzmagic and a gutted WR corp should reexamine how they think.

Back
Top Bottom