Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year

Context

Absolutely normal for a rookie QB to not grasp the playbook.......normal
I agree, it is absolutely normal for a rookie QB not to be able to grasp the playbook.

What I don't think is normal is the 5th overall pick...this generational talent not being able to pick up a dumbed down playbook from a dinosaur.

I agree, it is absolutely normal for a rookie QB not to be able to grasp the playbook.

What I don't think is normal is the 5th overall pick...this generational talent not being able to pick up a dumbed down playbook from a dinosaur.
You agree then still throw a Tua jab..... but you want him to do well. :rolleyes:

What I took away from the tone of his interview was that he was taking responsibility. As the, supposed/anointed, leader of the team, he’s doing what leaders do and putting it all on him. He said the guys last year were “phenomenal” and that his struggles were on him and no one else. We all know that WR group, especially towards the later part of the year, were LESS than phenomenal. We all know he was trying to learn a playbook designed for someone else. But he was taking ownership and admitting his shortcomings. You know, being a leader.

Now, this doesn’t mean he’s going to be a world-beater this season. But it shows that this all being blown way out of proportion.

Last edited:
What are you talking about. Omar was talking about mental, you are talking about physical. Omar was talking about the progression from getting the plays from the sideline to the point of the ball leaving his hand.

He seem plenty healthy to me in AZ game. Many always point to the AZ game for affirmation, but when people criticize him for bad games, then 'oh he was not 100% healthy'. You can't have it both ways.
Are you seriously suggesting there is not a relationship between physical health and mental acuity within the context of an athletic demanding sport? Let’s just say I accept his statement that his physical challenges affected his mental abilities on the field.

Even within that game, I saw plenty of examples where his velocity was affected by his lack of hip strength. I need to see how performs now that his health is better before drawing any conclusions.

You agree then still throw a Tua jab..... but you want him to do well. :rolleyes:
I want him to do well as far as the team is concerned. He's given me no proof that he's this All-Pro signal-caller that some believe him to be.

He has his faults and has admitted as much. Now only if his supporters listen to him instead of the Paul Finnebaums of the football landscape.

I want him to do well as far as the team is concerned. He's given me no proof that he's this All-Pro signal-caller that some believe him to be.

He has his faults and has admitted as much. Now only if his supporters listen to him instead of the Paul Finnebaums of the football landscape.
Faults?

Rookie learning curves from someone who went through a serious injury.

Started 9 games and won 6.

A lot of people are still going to crap all over Tua regardless. Wish they'd choose another team to be honest. It's really getting tiresome.
We don't like a player and we should scrap our allegiance to the entire team, which we've been a fan of before Tua was born.

Think about what you wrote...and my response, and then ask if you are a fan of the Dolphins or a fan of Tua.

Is it possible to dislike playing Grant (2nd Team All Pro - only one on the team), but still like the team?

Faults?

Rookie learning curves from someone who went through a serious injury.

Started 9 games and won 6.
Studying the playbook during training camp was affected by his serious injury?

What the hell was he studying during the last training camp that forced Gailey to dumb down a dumb playbook?

Since you didn’t bother taking 5 mins to listen and “fact check” what was said in the presser, no one, including Tua, has said he didn’t know the playbook. He admitted being “uncomfortable” with protections and reads. Being a know-it-all is really not a good look. Perhaps you should do more lurking and less opining
Ummmm watch it again, start at the 15min mark.
Fact checker.....🤣

Last edited:
Studying the playbook during training camp was affected by his serious injury?

What the hell was he studying during the last training camp that forced Gailey to dumb down a dumb playbook?
You have never played football have you?

Back
Top Bottom