Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Wasn't Comfortable Last Year

No, but I wish you didn't feel the need to make every one else miserable in the process. I couldnt stand Fiedler but at least I had enough respect for fans that did.

Can you Tua haters just STFU for a while and let the guy play a year? Would that kill you?

I'm not entirely certain that death itself could stop the insipid trolling that some posters do.

Up next; "I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but I'm going to insist that Tua will never even be able to run again, and then call people stupid when they disagree with me!"

Oh. Wait. Never mind. That was what they were wrong about LAST year.

No, but I wish you didn't feel the need to make every one else miserable in the process. I couldnt stand Fiedler but at least I had enough respect for fans that did.

Can you Tua haters just STFU for a while and let the guy play a year? Would that kill you?
A basic Tua thread won't see me on it until...people start talking about Tua (#13) as opposed to Tua (#1).

Let's deal with reality. Had more of you stone-cold supporters done that early im the game then your soapbox would be more sturdy when preaching his positives.

Sounds like Tua had a typical rookie with expected results from a player that wasn't ready mentally and physically.

With all that he was still average, which if that's Tua at his worst bright days are ahead.

Love the young man, he's taken accountability. I know one past Qb *cough Tannehill cough* rarely ever put blame on himself with an "I" and instead went with his preferred "we".

Sounds like Tua had a typical rookie with expected results from a player that wasn't ready mentally and physically.

With all that he was still average, which if that's Tua at his worst bright days are ahead.

Love the young man, he's taken accountability. I know one past Qb *cough Tannehill cough* rarely ever put blame on himself with an "I" and instead went with his preferred "we".
Others say he did poorly, and stick to their tunnel vision ways.

The "is TT good enough?" storm has 2 origins. One is valid and one is bogus.

The valid one is what Tua admitted to on film. He wasn't fully up to speed and playing from a limited playbook with no preseason and a healing body. He wasn't comfortable. That's mainly on him (though he couldn't have controlled the recovery part any better).

The bogus origin of controversy is his being handed the start and his subsequent benching.

Think about it. How many FOs would hand the keys to their rookie after what, 6 games when:
1) the starting QB is a vet playing a career season and fans love him
2) the team is finally winning games, playing well
3) the starting QB knows the OC's playbook inside out.
4) the rookie is coming off a career-threatening injury
5) the rookie had no preseason due to covid and limited access even to the facility
6) the playbook is new for the whole offense
7) there are 3 rookies on the offensive line and one new vet

Who does that? Who throws their rookie into that situation? Not many coaches, for sure.
Not to be a smart ass but I think the answer to your questions are the chargers, bengals, and Philly!!

I genuinely don't know what you're referring to. What context?

If you're talking about the context from the confrontational gent who likes to passive-aggressively tell people how they can and cannot debate, I've grown tired of his antics and put him on ignore. You, I respect, and will happily discuss with you. The Arizona game isn't new information. Did Tua look great in that? Yes. Did he look less impressive in the following San Diego game, and then awful in the Denver game? Yes, he did.

Here's the thing about Tua's hip injury and subsequent recovery - we really don't have anywhere near the amount of data on recoveries from that sort of injury that we have on, say, ACLs. We know, for example, that some players can play the following year, but aren't quite what they were pre-injury until the following season. Did Tua push himself too hard, too fast in the Arizona game, and then his hip was recovering from the workload he put on it that day for the next few weeks?

I don't know. I'd be making **** up if I said I did. But here's the thing; neither does anyone else. Interestingly, Tua's not the only player on Miami who recently came back from a hip injury. Albert Wilson had a slight hip fracture and labrum tear in late October of 2018. This injury was nowhere near as significant as Tua's, but he wasn't nearly the same player in 2019 as he was in 2018 until the last few weeks of the season. Interestingly, once he started to produce more (in the Giants game) - he was limited in practice the following week because of...ready? Hip soreness.

My point is, I wondered late in the year if he was 100% up to speed. Again, there's a difference between 100% able to play when you're recovering from an injury and 100% recovered. So when the article listed LITERALLY references improvements he's made in his hip, and Tua LITERALLY says, "My hip feels 10 times better than it did last year. The confidence level for myself, I feel really confident coming into this second year after that injury two years ago"...I'm going to have a bit of an "Aha!" moment.

I posted the quote he made, (in which he wasn't even responding to Omar, for the benefit of those who clearly weren't paying attention), as a stand-alone post. Wasn't responding or retorting. So if someone replies with a completely nonsensical post about Omar...when Omar wasn't even involved in the quote I posted, and then tells me I can't have it both ways because of the Arizona game, he's going to get a fairly brusque retort.
Spot the eff on!! Amen brother

Ok, after reading through all of this... all of this debate on if Tua was/is the right pick, the hip, the no tc, the no otas, tje no blah blah blah should have been avoided by picking someone else who didn't have the injury he had. It also does worry me his admitting to not knowing the playbook well enough. EVERYONE was talking about this kids smarts as a qb. Supposed to be one of his biggest strengths. If he cant be strong at what people were raving about as his biggest strengths... then what? The other rook qbs didn't have any offseason either but seemed to be able to move the ball well by comparison. I'm very worried the no challenge at Bama thing is real. Not enough adversity dealth with in college to be able to deal with it in the nfl.

I cant understand with how many previously injured players we've took chances on we continue to take chances on. Why do we continue to pick injury prone players? I mean, even Waddle can be put into this. Phillips.... im not talking about little nicks and bangs, I mean big injuries.

I personally still wish we would've picked Herbert, but damn I'm really pulling for Tua and hoping all his work will pay off this year. I'm hoping he doesn't end up as soft as I think he is.

I am not bashing Tua anymore. This is my honest worries about him and picking injured ridden players at the biggest positions. Please for the love of the football Gods let him be the one!!

Not to be a smart *** but I think the answer to your questions are the chargers, bengals, and Philly!!
Ok, after reading through all of this... all of this debate on if Tua was/is the right pick, the hip, the no tc, the no otas, tje no blah blah blah should have been avoided by picking someone else who didn't have the injury he had. It also does worry me his admitting to not knowing the playbook well enough. EVERYONE was talking about this kids smarts as a qb. Supposed to be one of his biggest strengths. If he cant be strong at what people were raving about as his biggest strengths... then what? The other rook qbs didn't have any offseason either but seemed to be able to move the ball well by comparison. I'm very worried the no challenge at Bama thing is real. Not enough adversity dealth with in college to be able to deal with it in the nfl.

I cant understand with how many previously injured players we've took chances on we continue to take chances on. Why do we continue to pick injury prone players? I mean, even Waddle can be put into this. Phillips.... im not talking about little nicks and bangs, I mean big injuries.

I personally still wish we would've picked Herbert, but damn I'm really pulling for Tua and hoping all his work will pay off this year. I'm hoping he doesn't end up as soft as I think he is.

I am not bashing Tua anymore. This is my honest worries about him and picking injured ridden players at the biggest positions. Please for the love of the football Gods let him be the one!!

But knowing that the offense was gonna be yours from the start of the season, and designing the playbook for that specific QB is what helped burrow and herbert. At least the HC, QB, OC, and rest of the team were prepared for it. Whereas in our situation, the switch was made later in the season. So what did it do to the offense? Offense was geared toward Fitz, and Tua was learning on the fly when he was inserted. In which IMO he did pretty well barring the situation.

Last edited:
Learning it backwards and forwards is the first step.

With all the variations off each play, off each route, that alone can be difficult.

Then, get out there at full speed and try to implement what you've learned, in real time.

Even if you know it perfectly, it's going to take a few run-throughs before you can execute like you want to.

If you aren't coming off major surgery. Throw in rehab, and your body not reacting like it usually does, forget it.

I'm a professional musician. Another band member can text me a song he wants to try at the next practice.

I can learn every lyric, every chord, every note, the entire arrangement, at home, on my own.

It is still going to take several run throughs with the entire band before I'm entirely comfortable.

The more complex composition, the more run throughs it will take.

The more songs at one time, the more run throughs it will take.

What concerns me the most was his inability to grasp the playbook,
I don't know what to say, but I'm starting to doubt that pick'

Back
Top Bottom