Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

Hurts, I'm assuming that's who you are talking about, I may be in the minority, but I think he's a fantastic QB on a bad team. Not like our situation, where Tua is a fantastic QB on a mismanaged team. But that's just me.
Honestly, I think that Philadelphia is pretty ready to move on from Hurts and I don't think he will be their starter next year. I think they view his future as a guy who once he takes enough hits or gets injured enough to limit his running at all is a guy who simply isn't very accurate.

So I was watching an interview with Omar Kelly, and he was talking about how he's too smart to get involved in QB talk... SMH. Anyway I couldn't make out what term he used, but he said the media have a word for us Tua supporters, Tua-Anon I think he said, but he was basically saying we are all Tua Evalngists, described us a rabid and can't see the flaws in him, he said the media folks laugh about this. I don't get it, we just support or guy, a guy that's not given any support by the people in the building, a guy who's not given any respect from the media or other fan bases, we may be wrong but the evidence is starting to stack up that perhaps just perhaps we were the smart ones !

I will see if I can find that interview and edit this post with a link.

Found something, he's a little more respectful of the fan base in this one, but the message of mocking us is clearly still there, around the 2 minute mark:

Last edited:
So I was watching an interview with Omar Kelly, and he was talking about how he's too smart to get involved in QB talk... SMH. Anyway I couldn't make out what term he used, but he said the media have a word for us Tua supporters, Tua-Anon I think he said, but he was basically saying we are all Tua Evalngists, described us a rabid and can't see the flaws in him, he said the media folks laugh about this. I don't get it, we just support or guy, a guy that's not given any support by the people in the building, a guy who's not given any respect from the media or other fan bases, we may be wrong but the evidence is starting to stack up that perhaps just perhaps we were the smart ones !

I have seen that term used also. TuaAnon. Not 100% sure what it means or if it is a play on words that I am missing. Can anyone explain this one? lol

Honestly, I think that Philadelphia is pretty ready to move on from Hurts and I don't think he will be their starter next year. I think they view his future as a guy who once he takes enough hits or gets injured enough to limit his running at all is a guy who simply isn't very accurate.
Agreed, though he will find a good landing spot somewhere else. Philly is in flux and if Roseman hasn't made up his mind on Hurts yet I think they move on and take a QB 1st round and trade him for a 2nd, which I do think he is worth, but that's just me.

I have seen that term used also. TuaAnon. Not 100% sure what it means or if it is a play on words that I am missing. Can anyone explain this one? lol
The word that's been used is Tuanon. It's a play on words, referencing QAnon, which is a radical, right wing political group, mostly idiots that make Republicans look bad, like "the squad" for democrats.

Seems like everything has to be about Tua Love or Tua Hate. Why can’t we just talk in the middle and not separate ourselves in the matter. I don’t love Tua yet but it’s not the end of the world for someone because I don’t.

I hadn’t heard it until Geordie posted but it sounds like a play on words / media trying to be cute thing.

Omar is a complete douche. Of course his Miko lovin azz would turn the QB debate into something political. Click bait. He has nothing else to say, so why not?

I think it’s insane that people love to compare Tua to Tebow. That’s where that BS comes from. Because Tebow had his supporters who were die hards even though he sucked that Tua has the same followers. And I’m sure there are some out there. I think maybe the media’s judgment is clouded because they view genuinely wholesome and religious people as stupid basically.

Pro: The accuracy is undeniable and now he is showing some real moxy which is great.
Con: I know the O-line is an excuse but I still am concerned with the Y/Att number as it is traditionally a pretty telling stat. It's pretty remarkable to throw over 30 passes, complete 75% of them and have a Y/Att of around 6. The margin for error is just so small

That’s why we struggle to score even against the lesser teams in the league.

I think it’s insane that people love to compare Tua to Tebow. That’s where that BS comes from. Because Tebow had his supporters who were die hards even though he sucked that Tua has the same followers. And I’m sure there are some out there. I think maybe the media’s judgment is clouded because they view genuinely wholesome and religious people as stupid basically.
Obviously, the two will draw comparisons, due to the religious... stuff.

Im really looking forward to Tuas pass sheet tomorrow or Tuesday to see "how bad" he played. Quick glance, Gaskin sucks, we think we can rush and we can't. Use Tua more in quick passes. Hell give Gaskin a last opportunity to prove his worth as a catch back, but he's not very good at that either.
Gaskin up the A gap makes my inner Hulk grumble every damn time.

Back
Top Bottom